The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Saturday was awful to watch. Rodgers really needs to sort out the cover in front of the back four and defending from set pieces.

And Gerrard playing deep is not the answer to the first problem. Can could have a big part to play after injury

deiseach

It could have been worse.

*looks at yesterday's results*

A lot worse.

supersub

Would you push Gerrard further forward? It's clear he is struggling/being bypassed, but would Rodgers drop him?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: supersub on September 22, 2014, 09:47:24 AM
Would you push Gerrard further forward? It's clear he is struggling/being bypassed, but would Rodgers drop him?
Is Allen injured at the minute? or how is lucas getting into the team ahead of him?

Watching Song for west ham at the weekend, he would have been eprfect for liverpool as an upgrade on lucas/ allen
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Tony Baloney

You can only see his role being wound down to that of a 60 minute talisman. He is 34 and he hasn't the legs for it anymore. It's only end September and he looks done in. Options are the problem.

mikehunt

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 22, 2014, 01:39:52 PM
You can only see his role being wound down to that of a 60 minute talisman. He is 34 and he hasn't the legs for it anymore. It's only end September and he looks done in. Options are the problem.
Rogers is playing Gerrard every game in the hope he gets injured. That way he won't have to drop him.

seafoid

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/22/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-form-weight-jersey
Brendan Rodgers blames poor Liverpool form on 'weight of the jersey'

Brendan Rodgers has identified formation changes and the "weight of the jersey" on Liverpool's summer signings as the causes of the team's early troubles, conceding he must find a settled system to rectify the problem. Liverpool signed nine players in the summer and Rodgers believes the eight involved in his first-team squad (Divock Origi was loaned back to Lille) need time to adapt: "We've conceded eight goals and the majority of those could have been avoided but what people probably don't get is the pressure of playing for such a big club. The weight of the jersey here is heavy for most players. Once you adapt to playing for Liverpool you become clearer in your thinking."

http://www.kennys.ie/catalog/product/view/id/8930682/s/the-unbearable-lightness-of-being-14/

mikehunt

Quote from: seafoid on September 23, 2014, 08:12:54 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/22/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-form-weight-jersey
Brendan Rodgers blames poor Liverpool form on 'weight of the jersey'

Brendan Rodgers has identified formation changes and the "weight of the jersey" on Liverpool's summer signings as the causes of the team's early troubles, conceding he must find a settled system to rectify the problem. Liverpool signed nine players in the summer and Rodgers believes the eight involved in his first-team squad (Divock Origi was loaned back to Lille) need time to adapt: "We've conceded eight goals and the majority of those could have been avoided but what people probably don't get is the pressure of playing for such a big club. The weight of the jersey here is heavy for most players. Once you adapt to playing for Liverpool you become clearer in your thinking."

http://www.kennys.ie/catalog/product/view/id/8930682/s/the-unbearable-lightness-of-being-14/

Just what I dreaded, a return of the spoof. When the spoof starts you know he hasn't a breeze. Anyway I thought they made all the jerseys from that sweat proof material.

Some bright spark made a comment about him under a Guardian piece "new set of teeth and nothing to smile about".

deiseach

Oh God. When you start resorting to crap excuses like that, you're in trouble.

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on September 23, 2014, 08:55:41 AM
Oh God. When you start resorting to crap excuses like that, you're in trouble.
Surely he can motivate them better than that

supersub

It's not a case of motivation here, it's a case of protecting his players in the public domain.

Nothing to see here.

AZOffaly

Quote from: supersub on September 23, 2014, 09:22:55 AM
It's not a case of motivation here, it's a case of protecting his players in the public domain.

Nothing to see here.

I think so too. He always plays the cotton wool act in public. If you strip away the words he chose, he's actually saying 'This will take time for them to settle, please be patient'. I think that's a reasonable comment. The worry I have is that by the time they've settled, they may be in 8th place and 10 points behind 4th.

It's a good thing that Everton, Spurs and United seem well able to drop points too.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2014, 09:25:25 AM
Quote from: supersub on September 23, 2014, 09:22:55 AM

Nothing to see here.

I think so too. He always plays the cotton wool act in public. If you strip away the words he chose, he's actually saying 'This will take time for them to settle, please be patient'. I think that's a reasonable comment. The worry I have is that by the time they've settled, they may be in 8th place and 10 points behind 4th.

It's a good thing that Everton, Spurs and United seem well able to drop points too.

And City and Arsenal!!!  There are 3 points between 4th and 11th and there are only 5 games played so please keep your knockers untwisted!!!  Yes, they do need to get a few wins under their belt and yes they are playing poorly but a win against Everton and they will jump about 4 maybe 5 places as most of the teams above are likely to drop points this weekend.  Chill the f**k out.

AZOffaly

I presume that's not aimed at me? I'm very chilled. I expect this to take time. I just want to see progress each week.