The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitegoodman

Liverpool won't win anything with two djimi traores playing on left side of defence!!!

Tony Baloney

J OGorman

A valuable point for the strikerless 6 man midfield online ticket touting agency sponsored Newcastle Loansharks, aka the Stoke of the North East ;-)
The Reds should have buried them in the second half if theyve real aspirations for a top 4 finish. Sterling should have been introduced after Studges goal to keep the momentum up. Gerrard n Henderson decent partnership.  Luis very jaded looking after getting some serious airmiles during the week 
Nice to see johnny foreigner Suarez finally get a free kick in the 95th minute

J OGorman

Quote from: whitegoodman on October 19, 2013, 02:06:41 PM
Liverpool won't win anything with two djimi traores playing on left side of defence!!!

They all look the same dont they???! Hilarious

Dont think anyone supplied as many decent crosses as cissoko did today or got in behind his man. Didn't see a loose tackle either...take off the blinkers

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: J OGorman on October 19, 2013, 02:54:57 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on October 19, 2013, 02:06:41 PM

They all look the same dont they???! Hilarious

Dont think anyone supplied as many decent crosses as cissoko did today or got in behind his man. Didn't see a loose tackle either...take off the blinkers

Cissokho played quite well but definitely a black mark for ball watching for the 2nd Newcastle goal. Let your man run in behind him.

Very flat performance overall coming out of the international break. A lot of the the players didn't seem tuned in at all.

Rodgers should have subbed off one of the 3 central defenders at half-time for a midfielder. We had 3 back there with hardly anyone to mark.

whitegoodman

No blinkers just think both defensive liabilities and don't see what the big deal is about Sakho! Agger is twice the player IMO.

To me a 4 of Johnston, Toure, Agger and Enrique looks a lot more solid than a 5 of Johnston Toure Skrtel, Sakho and Cissoko

gawa316

Quote from: whitegoodman on October 19, 2013, 05:12:41 PM
No blinkers just think both defensive liabilities and don't see what the big deal is about Sakho! Agger is twice the player IMO.

To me a 4 of Johnston, Toure, Agger and Enrique looks a lot more solid than a 5 of Johnston Toure Skrtel, Sakho and Cissoko

What game where you watching today? I can't remember a Newcastle attacker get the better of Sakho once, thought he had a great game. I have a lot of time for Agger but to say he is twice the player is ridiculous. Go back to the 1st 3 games where we didn't concede and it was clearly inspite of him. He made some big defensive mistakes but was bailed out by those round him.

As for Cissoko it was his second start for the club, yes he was ball watching for the goal but other than that he had a pretty decent game and added something to the attack. I also like Enrique more for his attacking play but he can be a liability at time, just ask Carra's opinion on him.

CD

Plan A is brilliant when it works well and it did for long spells today.

I still think Liverpool need to be a wee bit more fluid and be able to adapt to suit the circumstances of a game by changing formations. After the sending off today we should have gone to a back 4 and brought on a midfielder much earlier - we were 2-1 down when this decision was made. Not many attacking options on the bench in fairness. Still, another point away from home and United were held again so all in all, not a bad day. Massive game against West Brom next week - a win is needed to get a bit of momentum again
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

whitegoodman

Quote from: gawa316 on October 19, 2013, 07:03:27 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on October 19, 2013, 05:12:41 PM

What game where you watching today? I can't remember a Newcastle attacker get the better of Sakho once, thought he had a great game. I have a lot of time for Agger but to say he is twice the player is ridiculous. Go back to the 1st 3 games where we didn't concede and it was clearly inspite of him. He made some big defensive mistakes but was bailed out by those round him.

As for Cissoko it was his second start for the club, yes he was ball watching for the goal but other than that he had a pretty decent game and added something to the attack. I also like Enrique more for his attacking play but he can be a liability at time, just ask Carra's opinion on him.

Apart from palace at home have they kept any clean sheets with Sakho in the team? just looks clumsy to me and always likely to give one away.  Can't agree with you on Agger.

Poor result today against 10 men for so long, look a lot better with 4 at back.  Thought Alberto looked lively when he came on.  When is Coutinho back??

laoislad

I thought Liverpool were rubbish today. It's worrying when a team built on a philosophy of possession football couldn't keep the ball against 10 men.

I lost count of the number of poor passes from Liverpool today. The better teams like Chelsea, City and Arsenal would have hammered Newcastle in the same situation today.
The defending for the second goal was comical, even the first Newcastle goal they all stood off and let the guy shoot.
Really don't know what to make of Cissokho either . It's funny someone mentioned Djimi as that thought crossed my mind too.

Rubbish performance.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: laoislad on October 19, 2013, 08:51:52 PM
I thought Liverpool were rubbish today. It's worrying when a team built on a philosophy of possession football couldn't keep the ball against 10 men.

I lost count of the number of poor passes from Liverpool today. The better teams like Chelsea, City and Arsenal would have hammered Newcastle in the same situation today.
The defending for the second goal was comical, even the first Newcastle goal they all stood off and let the guy shoot.
Really don't know what to make of Cissokho either . It's funny someone mentioned Djimi as that thought crossed my mind too.

Rubbish performance.

I thought the same. Some players looked very tired and the play was generally very sloppy, at least up until the second equalizer. Even then, it was only a five or ten minute spell where they really looked like they were going to turn the screw. The game then petered out a bit towards the end, the late free kick excepted. Hopefully the return of Coutinho will add a bit more cleverness going forward.

Hound

Didnt think they were rubbish, but certainly a mixed bag and unquestionably it was 2 points lost. New defenders will make mistakes as they settle into a team, but from what I've seen I hope he sticks with both Sakho and Cissohko over Agger and Enrique.

The biggest problem I thought on Saturday was our lack of energy and bite at the start of the 2nd half. It was as if they thought the goal would come by itself. Copped on to ourselves after they scored and played a bit better. I think Moses is a waste of space in the hole. Hasnt the guile or the brains for that position - still rate him highly as a winger though - but Coutinho will make a big improvement when he comes back. Until then we'd be better pushing Gerrard forward into that position.

deiseach

Just back from the ground, good day's work. 4-1 didn't flatter them. Apart from the obvious quality performances (Sturridge actually was only all right for the most part, missing a sitter at one point - then scored a ridiculously precocious goal), thought Cissokho and Henderson were excellent. The latter made it look like Liverpool were a man up, popping up to break up attacks and pin back their defence. That's boss, that.

AZOffaly

Good win and sounded like a good performance. Looking forward to MOTD tonight.

Dinny Breen

I think both Arsenal and Liverpool will be happy with a draw next week, 1-1 you heard it hear first.
#newbridgeornowhere