Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on February 03, 2013, 05:38:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 03, 2013, 05:36:23 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 03, 2013, 05:32:04 PM
Steven Gerrard at his best 2-1 to Liverpool

This is some result (so far) for Man U

No one gives a shite about Man U on here.

Stupid there from Reina.

Touchy  :o  City will go on and win it from here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Liverpool were the best team should have won that game i think most would have taken a point before the game.

laoislad

Very disappointed after that.
That's twice now this season we have thrown away 2 points v City.
Liverpool were in complete control until Reina's error of judgement, has to be said it was a great finish from Aguero though.
Man City look very ordinary,I don't think they have the fight in them to win the league this year.
It's a shame Stevie G's goal of the season contender wasn't the winner.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Another failure to kill off a big team. Dion Fanning will be rubbing his hands.

GalwayBayBoy

Maybe the best performance of the season. Should have won the game. Disappointing to only take 2 points from the Arsenal and Man City games when it should have been at least 4 and were in a position to take all 6. Positive signs for the rest of the season and next season though.

Absolute madness from Reina to come charging out like that when Aguero was already being shadowed by Skrtel. Brilliant finish though. Not many players would have even got a shot anywhere near the target from where he was but Reina made up his mind for him by charging out like a lunatic.

Have a run of easier fixtures on paper to come now. Hopefully might manage to go on a good run for the next month or so as long as Sturridge is fit and Coutinho might get some gametime.

Minder

Lapses at he back are really halting what could be decent progress, Agger was sleeping for the first and obviously Reina for the second. A top centre back has to be a priority in the summer & someone to compete with or replace Reina, Agger is great with he ball at his feet but he just doesent do the dirty, basic stuff well enough at the minute. Attacking wise it is as good as anyone in the division, Sturridge looks like a steal at that price.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: bridgegael on February 03, 2013, 06:50:41 PM
was enrique injured coming off??

Probably just tired. Only back from injury.

Abble

Quote from: Minder on February 03, 2013, 06:33:40 PM
Lapses at he back are really halting what could be decent progress, Agger was sleeping for the first and obviously Reina for the second. A top centre back has to be a priority in the summer & someone to compete with or replace Reina, Agger is great with he ball at his feet but he just doesent do the dirty, basic stuff well enough at the minute. Attacking wise it is as good as anyone in the division, Sturridge looks like a steal at that price.

minder, i'd have to disagree with you just there about Agger. watching him v arsenal the other night, he went in carra like and put his whole body in for a shot block when arsenal were pushing for a 3rd, that to me is doing the dirty stuff. I think agger is our new rock at the centre. We're shaping well now and rodgers has them on the right road.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Abble on February 03, 2013, 07:48:30 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 03, 2013, 06:33:40 PM

minder, i'd have to disagree with you just there about Agger. watching him v arsenal the other night, he went in carra like and put his whole body in for a shot block when arsenal were pushing for a 3rd, that to me is doing the dirty stuff. I think agger is our new rock at the centre. We're shaping well now and rodgers has them on the right road.
I rate Agger highly but he made a few mistakes lately. Lost RVP, Giroud & now Dzeko today for goals recently. Have always defended Reina & loved him for LFC but he hasn't been great for a season
& a half. Maybe he's gonna stale at LFC & needs a new challenge..but we definitely need a new GK as Minder said. Pretty good performance today but still should have killed City off.

under the bar

Lol @ Reina.  Turned inside out like a pair of socks in the washing machine.  :)

stew

Quote from: laoislad on February 03, 2013, 11:10:48 AM
I think that article is a bit harsh to be honest. Yes there is some truths in it but Fanning is going OTT in my opinion.
Would be great to get 3 points today but I can't see it happening. This is the last real tough away game of the season. With Spurs and Everton to come to Anfield a win today would set us up with a fighting chance of 4th.

US????
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ApresMatch

Liverpool looked far better team than City today. Reina should be fined a weeks wages for that! Dion Fanning is out of order in his article,what does he expect? Liverpool were a shambles under Kenny and going nowhere,theyre improving every week and seem to have a bita steel about them, shoulda won at emirates and etihad, I know they didnt get the results, but sometimes the performance tells us more, and in both games they were the better team. Fanning seems to have some other agenda.

stew

Quote from: ApresMatch on February 03, 2013, 09:54:52 PM
Liverpool looked far better team than City today. Reina should be fined a weeks wages for that! Dion Fanning is out of order in his article,what does he expect? Liverpool were a shambles under Kenny and going nowhere,theyre improving every week and seem to have a bita steel about them, shoulda won at emirates and etihad, I know they didnt get the results, but sometimes the performance tells us more, and in both games they were the better team. Fanning seems to have some other agenda.

Reina made a bad mistake, he deserves to get paid as I am sure he did not mean to look like a wally in front of millions of people.; I am hoping you were joking.

Liverpool deserved all three  points and although I agree with Fanning on a couple of points I think his writing smacks of bias.

Sturridge is going to be deadly altogether if he can get a run of games injury free, he and Suarez are going to take Liverpool far I reckon!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

laoislad

Stevie G won England player of the year and Jordan Henderson won their U21 player of the year tonight.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.