The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Very strange and unsatisfactory. And I have to say, I did mention the fact that they had made some strange personnel and back office decisions with the Red Sox. Now the Red Sox are well off the pace, and the new manager is under fire and under pressure.

I think these guys might be very good at balancing the books, etc, which is important of course, but I'm not sure if they are the right lads to be guiding the strategy of the club in a football sense. Maybe they need to trust a football man, be that Rogers or whomever.

Hound

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 03, 2012, 10:48:43 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on September 03, 2012, 09:58:28 PM
It looks to me like King Kenny's time in charge has fecked Liverpool up big time for a few years.

Liverpool's spending wasn't particularly outrageous under Dalglish. Yes he spent 100M (most of it unwisely by the looks of it) but 70M of that was funded through player sales so the owners stuck their hands in their own pockets for 30M or so. A decent amount but hardly extravagent by modern standards.

Worst part of is was how poorly that 100M was spent.

As for Drogba if the owners wouldn't sanction an extra 2 million to buy a 29 year old I can't imagine they would sanction a deal for a 33 year old who will demand a gigantic wage.
The owners didn't take a penny out of their pockets, never mind £30M!
Not that they ever claimed they would.

The club has to fund itself. But at least they have wiped out most of our interest payments.

gawa316

Minus15

Florent Sinama-Pongolle is the latest name to have been linked.

Minder

Del Piero isn't happening, he is joining Sydney.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

under the bar

QuoteDel Piero isn't happening, he is joining Sydney.

he preferred a team on the up apparently! ;)

supersub

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 03, 2012, 11:04:19 PM
Sp,given that the transfer window is closed which free agent striker would you all like to see signed as a stop gap?

heganboy

Quote from: supersub on September 05, 2012, 12:12:46 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 03, 2012, 11:04:19 PM
Sp,given that the transfer window is closed which free agent striker would you all like to see signed as a stop gap?

I just threw up a little bit..
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Lecale2

Could Robbie Fowler still do a job in the Premier League for Liverpool as an impact sub? I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to go back to Anfield and the wages would be affordable. I know he's 37 but worth a punt.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minus15 on September 04, 2012, 07:34:40 PM
Jesus it'll be Sean Dundee next.

Armamike

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 05, 2012, 11:29:40 PM
Could Robbie Fowler still do a job in the Premier League for Liverpool as an impact sub? I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to go back to Anfield and the wages would be affordable. I know he's 37 but worth a punt.

This is getting rediculous. Robbie was done at 27.

Give youth a chance rather than look to the past. Adam Morgan should be given a bit of game time to see how he gets on.
That's just, like your opinion man.

el_cuervo_fc

Forget signing anyone on a free transfer, you're only buying problems.

The likes of Pacheco and Suso will hopefully get their chance now to show what they can do. Pacheco has been unfortunate with his chances This past few years and now that he's been named in the Europa League squad he will get the chance to step up to the plate.

Suso impressed for Spain during the summer and is definitely one for the future but realistically this is the best chance these lads will ever get to show what they can do at this level.

Adam Morgan was a bit over eager the last time out but he was getting into some great positions and with a bit more exposure he could start finding the net in the Europa competition.

All the talk of Owen signing was making me sick. He represents everything that is wrong with modern football. A long time ago he decided that money was the priority and nothing else mattered, not the love of your club, loyalty to fans, even the love of the game. He sees football as a way of funding his horse fetish. Simple as. He's signed for Stoke now which is a pitty as I was hoping nobody would move for him and he'd be forced to join the Championship.

I'd much rather see any of our younger players given the chance to show what they could do than that hateful ****.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 05, 2012, 11:45:27 PM
Quote from: Minus15 on September 04, 2012, 07:34:40 PM
Jesus it'll be Sean Dundee next.

Erik Meijer is only 43, might be worth a gamble..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnneycool

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 06, 2012, 06:25:02 AM

All the talk of Owen signing was making me sick. He represents everything that is wrong with modern football. A long time ago he decided that money was the priority and nothing else mattered, not the love of your club, loyalty to fans, even the love of the game. He sees football as a way of funding his horse fetish. Simple as. He's signed for Stoke now which is a pitty as I was hoping nobody would move for him and he'd be forced to join the Championship.

What makes you think he's any different to 97% of other professional footballers?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: johnneycool on September 06, 2012, 09:17:58 AM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 06, 2012, 06:25:02 AM

What makes you think he's any different to 97% of other professional footballers?

Like I said, he represents everything that is wrong with the modern game.  He is more on the extreme side of it than others though. 

In addition to that, I just don't like him.