The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

People are talking about creating gal chances and replcing the players who have gone and how that will cost Liverpool in trms of goals.  In total in the League last year Adam, Maxi, Bellamy, Kuyt and Carroll scored the grand total of 18 goals, I repeat 18 goals.  I would hope that Allen, Sahin, Borini, Assaidi and Stering woul score moe than that when they bed into the team.  They say you have to go back to go forward sometimes.  I believe that Liverpool are in a better position than they were at the end of lst season in terms of players.  If you look simply at the goals these players scored last season (or in Sahin's case the previou season as he played very little for Madrid last year) thy scored over 30 goals between th 4 players bought in and Sterling scored for fun for the reserves and u18s.  If they repeat that level with Liverpool, straight away you have potentially 15 -16 moe goals for the season.  I would emphasize potentially there though.   Also the age of the squad has been reducd dramtically and it has been well trimmed.  I hope Spearing does not return and I hope that supporters accept it is a serious of small steps that are needed at the minute and not a fast forward. 

Th goals will come, the biggest concern is re-establishing Reina's confidence. 

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

supersub

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 03, 2012, 12:08:00 PM
People are talking about creating gal chances and replcing the players who have gone and how that will cost Liverpool in trms of goals.  In total in the League last year Adam, Maxi, Bellamy, Kuyt and Carroll scored the grand total of 18 goals, I repeat 18 goals.  I would hope that Allen, Sahin, Borini, Assaidi and Stering woul score moe than that when they bed into the team.  They say you have to go back to go forward sometimes.  I believe that Liverpool are in a better position than they were at the end of lst season in terms of players.  If you look simply at the goals these players scored last season (or in Sahin's case the previou season as he played very little for Madrid last year) thy scored over 30 goals between th 4 players bought in and Sterling scored for fun for the reserves and u18s.  If they repeat that level with Liverpool, straight away you have potentially 15 -16 moe goals for the season.  I would emphasize potentially there though.   Also the age of the squad has been reducd dramtically and it has been well trimmed.  I hope Spearing does not return and I hope that supporters accept it is a serious of small steps that are needed at the minute and not a fast forward. 

Fair enough and agree re these players, but I think it is the lack of back up/options available apart from these boys that people are getting worried about. What happens now if Suarez or someone gets injured on international duty and out for a few weeks? We have precious little to replace them with, just take a look at the bench yesterday!

I agree with the previous post about playing Gerrard further forward, but would like it in the role he played with Torres 4-5-1, but this isnt what Rodgers prefers. His 433 formation means at the moment we have all our recognized forwards on the pitch in one go with none in reserve. Loss of Lucas again has somewhat disrupted the ideal line up.

Armamike

Ideally Saurez would need 'rested', if there were other options to come in. He can't score and his decision making/awareness of players around him is pretty poor imo.
That's just, like your opinion man.

thebigfella

Delighted to see Adam shipped off. Was never good enough and the money wasted on him probably good enough reason to sack the King.

EagleLord

With the emphasis of cutting the wage bill this year, it would be absolutely no sense to sign Owen or Drogba. Drogba would be better off in UAE, Russia or somewhere, if he still wants the cash.

heganboy

Drogba's team is having a financial issue where the main backer was promised a bigger ownership by the state in return for his bankrolling the team. He hasn't got his share and is withdrawing his money which covers all players wages and the teams operating costs. That leaves Drogba possibly on a free. However he is thought to be unlikely to return to the premiership...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

supersub

Lecale2

It looks to me like King Kenny's time in charge has fecked Liverpool up big time for a few years.

ludermor

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 03, 2012, 12:08:00 PM

In the year before they joined liverpool Adam (13) , Carroll(11) Downing ( 8  ) scored plenty of goals for supposedly inferior teams so you cant necessarly rely on new players to settle in and carry on their form.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 03, 2012, 09:58:28 PM
It looks to me like King Kenny's time in charge has fecked Liverpool up big time for a few years.

Liverpool's spending wasn't particularly outrageous under Dalglish. Yes he spent 100M (most of it unwisely by the looks of it) but 70M of that was funded through player sales so the owners stuck their hands in their own pockets for 30M or so. A decent amount but hardly extravagent by modern standards.

Worst part of is was how poorly that 100M was spent.

As for Drogba if the owners wouldn't sanction an extra 2 million to buy a 29 year old I can't imagine they would sanction a deal for a 33 year old who will demand a gigantic wage.

StGallsGAA

Sp,given that the transfer window is closed which free agent striker would you all like to see signed as a stop gap?

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 03, 2012, 09:58:28 PM

If he'd managed to get fourth place and a CL spot there'd be more money for transfers and that's where Kenny fell down.

heganboy

apparently owen has been ruled out by BR, too old and injury prone
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Bingo

Looking at our squad on Sunday, we are only going to limp through to the next window. With Europa league and League cup to fit in, we hardly have a squad to rest players and remain competitive. The europa league will be largely sacrficed to blood in youngsters. A few injuries and we will struggle to score.

Our first team will be decent when it beds in but we have very few is any game changers to spring from the bench.

Could be a long year.