The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) has said tweeted

Quote:
Arsenal close to completing Sahin deal. Season-long loan with view to permanent. Confirmation likely early next week

Usually very reliable.

Minder

Quote from: ballinaman on August 19, 2012, 10:05:25 PM

Quote:
Arsenal close to completing Sahin deal. Season-long loan with view to permanent. Confirmation likely early next week

Usually very reliable.

I think it is pretty obvious Sahin is going to Arsenal, Liverpool offered more money but he prefers a move to Arsenal allegedly.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on August 19, 2012, 10:08:25 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 19, 2012, 10:05:25 PM

Quote:

Usually very reliable.

I think it is pretty obvious Sahin is going to Arsenal, Liverpool offered more money but he prefers a move to Arsenal allegedly.
Yeah, read that Wenger rang him personally during the week.

el_cuervo_fc

I think the point all along was that he preferred to move to Arsenal but Jose wanted him to come to us.  More's the pity if he chooses Arsenal.

GalwayBayBoy

Sahin would have been nice but I don't think we are too badly off for central-midfielders. A goalscorer and a wide attacker should be the priority.

Hound

Well another disappointing start. You'd say it was a freak, but for the fact its happened so many times over the last few years. West Brom were playing well, but Liverpool were still in control. Our defence was completely on top, giving up no chances and Long and Odemwinge werent getting a kick, whereas at the other end Suarez was playing very well, and it looked only a matter of time before we broke the deadlock.

Up to that stage, only Gerrard and Lucas were a bit below were I expected them to be. Everyone else was doing fine, and I was impressed by the touch and play of Allen.

But then, after WBA's great goal, we pretty much capitulated. Panic mode sets in, and we just start making poor decisions.

Big decision coming up for the manager now as to whether he goes with Carra or Coates. I was disappointed he brought on Carra when we were losing 1-0. Could have moved Kelly across and threw Gerrard or Lucas into right back, would have been a more positive move, but I like the 4-3-3. Hope he gives Carroll a chance. And I'd prefer to see Downing on the left rather than the right.

johnneycool

Quote from: Hound on August 20, 2012, 08:20:12 AM
Well another disappointing start. You'd say it was a freak, but for the fact its happened so many times over the last few years. West Brom were playing well, but Liverpool were still in control. Our defence was completely on top, giving up no chances and Long and Odemwinge werent getting a kick, whereas at the other end Suarez was playing very well, and it looked only a matter of time before we broke the deadlock.

Up to that stage, only Gerrard and Lucas were a bit below were I expected them to be. Everyone else was doing fine, and I was impressed by the touch and play of Allen.

But then, after WBA's great goal, we pretty much capitulated. Panic mode sets in, and we just start making poor decisions.

Big decision coming up for the manager now as to whether he goes with Carra or Coates. I was disappointed he brought on Carra when we were losing 1-0. Could have moved Kelly across and threw Gerrard or Lucas into right back, would have been a more positive move, but I like the 4-3-3. Hope he gives Carroll a chance. And I'd prefer to see Downing on the left rather than the right.

For Rodgers sake and for Liverpools, you'd hope Carragher sees that his time is up and quietly steps aside to allow the new man create his own team, possibly lesser so Gerard who may have to content himself with a bit part role from now on, rather being the be all and end all of Liverpool FC.

These two lads could make Rodgers life a lot easier or hell if they are arrogant enough.

Bingo

What a start that was, still at least the tough opening fixture is out of the way before the easy run of fixtures we have coming up  ???

Terrible start, game was fairly even up to opener with maybe Liverpool have the clearer chances but new season, same old story. Second half was just like a pub team, players on different waves lengths. You could go on and on.

At least it only Hearts now, I'd play a team of squad players and focus on City at weekend to try and get a team together that know what they doing and will play together in BR system. Try and avoid a hiding from City and maybe take a point but that looks like our level at the minute.

Cole should be paid off. Not just based on his brief cameo but he's not the future. Sterling or the likes of Suso would offer more.

johnneycool

Quote from: Bingo on August 20, 2012, 10:02:03 AM
What a start that was, still at least the tough opening fixture is out of the way before the easy run of fixtures we have coming up  ???

Terrible start, game was fairly even up to opener with maybe Liverpool have the clearer chances but new season, same old story. Second half was just like a pub team, players on different waves lengths. You could go on and on.

At least it only Hearts now, I'd play a team of squad players and focus on City at weekend to try and get a team together that know what they doing and will play together in BR system. Try and avoid a hiding from City and maybe take a point but that looks like our level at the minute.

Cole should be paid off. Not just based on his brief cameo but he's not the future. Sterling or the likes of Suso would offer more.

I'd have thought you'd play the first team against Hearts to get the new system to bed in a bit more. I was going to say against lesser opposition but Hearts might be handy enough.

brokencrossbar1

Agger close to a new deal according to the Mirror(dubious I know but still reported) and Gerard throws his hands up in a mea culpa interview for LFCTV over Saturdays lose. 

Don' panic about Saturday lads, it was poor but it will come.  Carroll, Adam and Cole will be gon over the next week and a good finisher will be acquired.  Once that happens things will take shape.

nifan

You still reckon carroll will go BC - im still not sure - big sam the other day that pool rejected the loan offer - it wasnt agreed as the media had reported, so im still not sure where carroll is at the moment.

Adam has said he is going to stay and fight for his place as well:
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/909075-charlie-adam-plans-to-shun-everton-and-fulham-interest-to-fight-for-liverpool-place#ixzz245CXEnFq

I wouldnt be surprised if either/both of these where gone or both stayed really

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: nifan on August 20, 2012, 11:58:54 AM
You still reckon carroll will go BC - im still not sure - big sam the other day that pool rejected the loan offer - it wasnt agreed as the media had reported, so im still not sure where carroll is at the moment.

Adam has said he is going to stay and fight for his place as well:
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/909075-charlie-adam-plans-to-shun-everton-and-fulham-interest-to-fight-for-liverpool-place#ixzz245CXEnFq

I wouldnt be surprised if either/both of these where gone or both stayed really

I think Carroll willgo, BR really doesn't fancy him.  Adams is playing the game, "want to fight for my place", knowing that any trasfer out will mean a pay off if he says all the right things.  No one wants him so he hs no reason to leave, shame that Rangers were fucked over, he would have been welcom there with Wilson!

gawa316

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 20, 2012, 11:41:06 AM
Agger close to a new deal according to the Mirror(dubious I know but still reported) and Gerard throws his hands up in a mea culpa interview for LFCTV over Saturdays lose. 

Don' panic about Saturday lads, it was poor but it will come.  Carroll, Adam and Cole will be gon over the next week and a good finisher will be acquired.  Once that happens things will take shape.

Was Borini not bought to be the finisher?

We need pace big style, there's none in the squad. I would like a pacy tricky attacker to come in. Someone like Tello or Moses, still no idea what the new morrocan fella is like. Going by youtube he would fall into this category but can't see him stepping up to the mark just yet. We really need a 'marquee' signing to lift the spirits as the honeymoon period is firmly over after sat's result. Would also still like dempsey in.

laoislad

I hope he has 3 lined up to come in so as if them 3 go the squad will be bare enough.
Sahin and Tello not coming now it seems so it will be interesting who he has in mind to come in if anyone!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on August 20, 2012, 01:27:22 PM

I hope he has 3 lined up to come in so as if them 3 go the squad will be bare enough.
Sahin and Tello not coming now it seems so it will be interesting who he has in mind to come in if anyone!

Not really, Adam's role already replaced with Allen.  If Dempsey came in that would cover Cole and then an out and out striker is all that is needed.  I wonder would a straight swap for Adam and Cole for Dempsey be an option.  May have to pay off some of Cole's wages but might be an option.  I reckonit would b cracking business for both clubs.