The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Armamike on April 04, 2012, 12:57:28 PM
Aldridge is spot on (as usual).  No amount of spin around cup form and excuses can justify Liverpool's pitiful return in the league this year (btw Liverpool have only reached the semis of the FA Cup - it hasn't been won yet!).  Been a Liverpool supporter for 35 years and Dalglish is a legend for the club, but it plainly ain't working.

Good point about the FA cup. It is not won yet but a fair bit of talk about it. I really doubt Liverpool will win it.

J OGorman

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 03, 2012, 10:10:08 PM
John Aldridge ashamed and embarrassed to be a Liverpool fan and claims the club are now simply a laughing stock.

Former Liverpool striker John Aldridge claims the Reds are now "in a crisis" and admits he is ashamed and embarrassed to call himself a Liverpool fan.

The Reds recently picked up their first trophy in six years by beating Cardiff in the Carling Cup final and they will be back at Wembley to face local rivals Everton in the FA Cup semi-finals a week on Saturday.

However, their form in the Barclays Premier League has been poor. Sunday's 2-0 defeat at Newcastle was their sixth in seven league games and they have lost eight out of 12 since the turn of the year, leaving them eighth in the table.

It is a situation Aldridge - who played under Kenny Dalglish in the 1980s during the Scot's first spell in charge - feels needs addressing urgently.

"There is no getting away from the fact that Liverpool are now in a crisis," said Aldridge, writing in the Liverpool Echo.

"To lose six out of seven in the league is something the club won't ever tolerate, we can't tolerate that.

"To have picked up just eight points out of 36 since the turn of the year is shambolic - that's relegation form.

"The fact that this is the worst run in the league since 1954 speaks volumes. Questions are being asked and they need to be answered.

"The eyes of the world are on Liverpool and the critics are having a field day. We're becoming a laughing stock.

"We're all proud to be associated with the club and everything it has achieved over the years. But at the moment being a Liverpool fan is just embarrassing and that's something I haven't had to say before."

Aldridge has pointed the finger of blame at the players, who he has called on to show more pride.

He said: "The team just seems to have lost their belief. You can blame the manager and the coaching staff but at the end of the day it comes down to the players.

As regards Gerrard and Suarez he states: "They are getting paid unbelievable amounts of money and aren't producing the goods.

"They should take a long hard look in the mirror. They are playing for Liverpool Football Club - one of the biggest clubs in the world - it doesn't get much better than that.

"They need to realise how lucky they are and start doing it or their Anfield careers won't last much longer."

He added: "More than anything I want to see some pride. That's all we're playing for in the league now but there doesn't seem to be much pride around."

your as bad as the journalist lad...Aldridge lays the blame mostly with the players, he says its embarrassing at the moment and never once does he utter the word 'ashamed' as it states in bold in the headline. Ye canny watch the media these days

Gazzler

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 03, 2012, 05:31:41 PM
EC Unique I don't even support Liverpool but you are a serious nuisance.

I go into this thread with a genuine interest in what liverpool fans opinions are on Kenny Dalglish and all I can see is infantile posts from you and have to trawl through them. You're ruining this thread,embarassing yourself in the process, and and not with wit and good banter!

So true.

GalwayBayBoy

Crazy stat I saw today.

QuoteOliver Kay ? @OliverKayTimes
Revealing, damning stat from @TonyBarretTimes in paper. No LFC player has made more tackles this season than Lucas, who's been out since November.

Doesn't say much for the effort the rest of them have been putting in.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 04, 2012, 04:11:17 PM
Crazy stat I saw today.

Revealing, damning stat from @TonyBarretTimes in paper. No LFC player has made more tackles this season than Lucas, who's been out since November.

Or more like how devastating his injury was

Up The Middle

Quote from: Gazzler on April 04, 2012, 03:46:46 PM

I go into this thread with a genuine interest in what liverpool fans opinions are on Kenny Dalglish and all I can see is infantile posts from you and have to trawl through them. You're ruining this thread,embarassing yourself in the process, and and not with wit and good banter!

So true.

Couldnt agree more the mans an idiot
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Bingo

Quote from: Up The Middle on April 04, 2012, 04:41:08 PM

So true.

in Fairness, that should be a sticky at the top of every page. Rarely bother in this thread recently cause Mr Broken Record and his numpties just hog it.

Gazzler

Quote from: Bingo on April 04, 2012, 05:14:22 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on April 04, 2012, 04:41:08 PM

So true.

in Fairness, that should be a sticky at the top of every page. Rarely bother in this thread recently cause Mr Broken Record and his numpties just hog it.
They spend more time in the Liverpool thread than their own Man Utd thread!
Liverpool fans on here seem to know their stuff, a few Man U fans really ruining what is a decent thread with good opinions from LFC fans.
There are a few decent United fans in fairness but the likes of this EC bloke and his buddies who post more on the Liverpool thread than the United one really are clueless twats.

saffron89

surely its time to move the king upstairs.  he has so much to contribute, but possibly not form the sideline anymore. ynwa

blewuporstuffed

If Kenny was to step aside/be sacked/move upstairs who is there out there  that could bring the club on?
who would you all want to see get it?
(by the way, IMO for all the mistakes he has made and the current bad run of form, i wouldnt write kenny off yet, unless he steps down)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 05, 2012, 09:59:43 AM
If Kenny was to step aside/be sacked/move upstairs who is there out there  that could bring the club on?
(by the way, IMO for all the mistakes he has made and the current bad run of form, i wouldnt write kenny off yet, unless he steps down)

Terry Connor may be available from Wolves at end of season  ;)

Good laugh on Twitter last night. Just after Meirles scored, the tweets where flying round that it was another massive mistake by Kenny letting him go! Meirles is a decent player, good movement etc but he's not one for a tackle or the hard work. I had no problems at all with the sale and think Charlie Adam was a like for like swap.

Biggest mistake with the Meirles sale was that the money wasn't used in January to bring in someone new that wasn't a like for like replacement ie right winger or DM.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Bingo on April 05, 2012, 10:07:04 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 05, 2012, 09:59:43 AM

Terry Connor may be available from Wolves at end of season  ;)

Good laugh on Twitter last night. Just after Meirles scored, the tweets where flying round that it was another massive mistake by Kenny letting him go! Meirles is a decent player, good movement etc but he's not one for a tackle or the hard work. I had no problems at all with the sale and think Charlie Adam was a like for like swap.

Biggest mistake with the Meirles sale was that the money wasn't used in January to bring in someone new that wasn't a like for like replacement ie right winger or DM.
having no decent cover for Lucas & no one who is regularly puting the ball in the net are the 2 biggest failings of the squad.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

johnneycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 04, 2012, 04:28:39 PM
Crazy stat I saw today.

strange what a bit of absence can do to a players credibility.

Most Liverpool fans I know didn't rate him as he wasn't a player who suited Liverpools style of play. Now he's been out for a few months his true value to the team is now very apparent.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: johnneycool on April 05, 2012, 10:53:40 AM
Crazy stat I saw today.

Most Liverpool fans I know didn't rate him as he wasn't a player who suited Liverpools style of play. Now he's been out for a few months his true value to the team is now very apparent.
while he wasnt rated by many in the beginning at anfield, anyone who has watched liverpool over the last 2 seasons would be very aware of how crucial he was to the team

J70

Quote from: johnneycool on April 05, 2012, 10:53:40 AM
Crazy stat I saw today.

Your Liverpool-supporting friends are either clueless about football OR you're relying on opinions from a few years back when he first came. He was the fans player of the year for christ 's sake.