The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

I think the Carroll down the tunnel thing was a load of shite and just more media and anti pool fans jumping on the disharmony. He was losing badly against his former side and booed every time he touched the ball, obviously frustrated and pissed off due to all of this and went down the tunnel, boo hoo! The thing I would point to and was clearly obvious to me and surprised no one said it was when Reina was sent off Dalglish came on the pitch and Gerrard as good as told him to get the f*ck off the pitch and that he had the situation sorted as the captain on the field. This was a direct confrontation with Dalglish which IMO was disrespectful (although agree Dalglish shouldn't have come on to the field), and far from the Carroll 'disrespect' by going down the tunnel after being substituted. Carroll always gong to be the focal point whatever happened and what he did was very minor, players do it all the time, but what Gerrard did would be more what I would call disrespect. Not slating Gerrard or backing up Kenny as think both were wrong in their actions in said incident, but just showing how this was something not picked up, whereas the Carroll non runner tunnel incident seemed to be a total disgrace etc.

Quote from: ludermor on April 03, 2012, 09:49:05 AM
Quote from: supersub on April 03, 2012, 02:50:48 AM
To add to my earlier post, it is quite clear that one of the main downfalls of the season is the distinct lack of converted chances. People are asking what's wrong and why is it going so badly, and I know it is all hypothetical but if Liverpool had finished off teams when they were bombarding the opposition goal as they did so often without any joy, they wouldn't be in this mess as they would be higher up the table and fighting for something, rather than laying near half way down the table going nowhere. That is the main problem, goals. Lacklustre performances at this stage are born out of an anti climax of a league campaign with so many points left behind due to poor conversion and lack of a ruthlessness in attack. Please buy a goal scorer if nothing else in the summer. Don't necessarily want anyone to be sold though.
There isnt many better goal scorers than Darren Bent but you rubbished him before, have you changed your mind?

As for the Bent comment, I don't think too many rubbished him to be fair, you are talking shite. The fact is we had bought Suarez and Carroll, already had Kuyt, Gerrard, Maxi who all play in more forward roles so there was no need for Bent as we thought then. I would have welcomed him openly to be honest at that stage and now, but how was anyone to know Livepool weren't going to be able to score goals this season? Thats what reviewing the squad and weaknesses is for at the end of the season - to see what can be changed, and I was pointing out its now clear we need someone else.

AZOffaly

Quote from: EC Unique on April 03, 2012, 01:25:51 PM
I think you are delusional if you think Kenny is the man for the job. It is not long ago that Liverpool finished 2nd to Utd in the league. Now they are mid table side. Only last year RH was chased for similar results. Kenny has demonstrated in a few different ways that he is not up to the job. In the transfer Market, in his handling of the saurez affair and in his handling of the media. The players are obviously loosing respect for him as demonstrated by carrol's reaction to being taken off in the Newcastle game.

I can understand why you would want a Liverpool legend to succeed but he is failing miserably. If you think he is the man then I say you are delusional.

EC, Roy Hodgson was not 'chased' simply because of results. He was chased because he played a cack brand of soccer, he was defeatist in his dealings with the meeting, and he seemed to have no appreciation for what the club or the fans wanted.

Dalglish at least has an in depth understanding of LFC. He also has tried to play a nice brand of soccer, and has stood up for the club (stupidly in some cases) with the media.

The question is whether you should sack a fella who had a good start, changed the style of play and won a trophy, but who has also made several mistakes, and has not managed to bed in his big buys yet. All the emotive language that (mostly) Man United fans have been using doesn't change the core issue. Would Liverpool be better off beginning ANOTHER rebuilding job, or give Dalglish at least one or two more seasons to bring his plan to fruition. That's a decision for the owners, but I'd prefer the latter.

nifan

AZ - thats fine, as long as there is a plan that can work.
So far weve spent a lot of money on fairly average british players. Id be interested to know what kennys plans are for next year, what the actual transfer targets are for the summer.
Problem is now that "bedding in" players who arent good enough might not be enough.

supersub

Nifan this is my point about these average players, how can other so called average players play well for the likes of Newcastle, Stoke, Norwich, Swansea etc and bring them above the level expected of the club? Why can't Liverpool players who are more talented than most perform to the best of their ability for the team.

AZOffaly

Quote from: nifan on April 03, 2012, 02:30:11 PM
AZ - thats fine, as long as there is a plan that can work.
So far weve spent a lot of money on fairly average british players. Id be interested to know what kennys plans are for next year, what the actual transfer targets are for the summer.
Problem is now that "bedding in" players who arent good enough might not be enough.

There you have it in a nutshell. If there's a plan that's agreed, and Kenny and the owners believe in it, despite the current struggles, then I'm happy with that, and I'm happy to give it another season at least.

If there is no plan, or the plan is not really one that all parties have confidence in, then you have to either change the plan, or change the planners. That's where Kenny would have to go. Only FSG know the answer to this.

One thing I would say is that Steve Clarke and Kenny were acknowledged to have made a great start to their current stints. Liverpool began this season playing very well, but simply not scoring enough goals. Since that became enough to derail the champions league target, the season has fallen apart. Is that enough to get rid of the manager and start again, or is it a case of trying to remedy the root cause, which is the goals that have been lacking?  That's coachable, or at least fixable with a purchase. How much for Torres? :)

laoislad

Quote from: J OGorman on April 03, 2012, 11:44:09 AM
It would be madness for Liverpool to get shot of Dalglish @ the end of the season. As much as money is killing the game, the media, esp the poisonous red tops and sky pumping football feeds into peoples brains 24 / 7. I can certainly understand younger fans of football, teenagers like EC Unique et al, as this is what they are subjected to via their sky subscriptions. They have lost the ability to be able to think for themselves. Dalglish 'is out of his depth' etc etc...sweet jesus. Success has to be immediate or a manager gets his p45. Its a sad indictment that the likes of Dalglish cannot at least see out his contract and try to build something. No doubt Dalglish has made a few poor signings and hasn't spent the Torres money wisely.
Would Ferguson have survived in his first 5 odd years @ Utd if the Sky juggernaut was in full swing? Revie, Shankley?
Admittedly I don't watch as much as I used to and would only travel to game at most a season now, but it would serve Liverpool zero purpose to get rid of Dalglish without letting him see his contract through and more.

I agree with all that is said here.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Goats Do Shave

West Brom seem to play good football... I suppose you can only play to your strengths!?

ludermor

Quote from: supersub on April 03, 2012, 01:48:45 PM
Quote from: ludermor on April 03, 2012, 09:49:05 AM
Quote from: supersub on April 03, 2012, 02:50:48 AM
To add to my earlier post, it is quite clear that one of the main downfalls of the season is the distinct lack of converted chances. People are asking what's wrong and why is it going so badly, and I know it is all hypothetical but if Liverpool had finished off teams when they were bombarding the opposition goal as they did so often without any joy, they wouldn't be in this mess as they would be higher up the table and fighting for something, rather than laying near half way down the table going nowhere. That is the main problem, goals. Lacklustre performances at this stage are born out of an anti climax of a league campaign with so many points left behind due to poor conversion and lack of a ruthlessness in attack. Please buy a goal scorer if nothing else in the summer. Don't necessarily want anyone to be sold though.
There isnt many better goal scorers than Darren Bent but you rubbished him before, have you changed your mind?

As for the Bent comment, I don't think too many rubbished him to be fair, you are talking shite. The fact is we had bought Suarez and Carroll, already had Kuyt, Gerrard, Maxi who all play in more forward roles so there was no need for Bent as we thought then. I would have welcomed him openly to be honest at that stage and now, but how was anyone to know Livepool weren't going to be able to score goals this season? Thats what reviewing the squad and weaknesses is for at the end of the season - to see what can be changed, and I was pointing out its now clear we need someone else.
Yes you did rubbish him, it may have been before liverpool signed Carroll but you definitely did. If anythign he was more prolific than he is now.

Gazzler

Quote from: EC Unique on April 03, 2012, 01:25:51 PM
I think you are delusional if you think Kenny is the man for the job. It is not long ago that Liverpool finished 2nd to Utd in the league. Now they are mid table side. Only last year RH was chased for similar results. Kenny has demonstrated in a few different ways that he is not up to the job. In the transfer Market, in his handling of the saurez affair and in his handling of the media. The players are obviously loosing respect for him as demonstrated by carrol's reaction to being taken off in the Newcastle game.

I can understand why you would want a Liverpool legend to succeed but he is failing miserably. If you think he is the man then I say you are delusional.

I'm pretty sure no one on this thread cares what you think  ;D

EC Unique

imtommygunn

EC Unique I don't even support Liverpool but you are a serious nuisance.

I go into this thread with a genuine interest in what liverpool fans opinions are on Kenny Dalglish and all I can see is infantile posts from you and have to trawl through them. You're ruining this thread,embarassing yourself in the process, and and not with wit and good banter!

I'd like to see Kenny stay for what it's worth. Carroll will be a flop and I think we know that. I still think Downing can be productive for them. Adam I'm not so sure but Enrique is a good buy too. I think like a few say if he has a good plan he should stay. Definitely that should involve a goal scorer.

Lucas will make a massive difference to that team and motivation in the league can not be at a high given the max to be achieved is a UEFA place which is already achieved so I think next season, pending post season buys, will not necessarily go the same direction as the current one.

Stevie G only sporadically being fit not helping either.

Minder

Saw a stat today that Lucas has the most tackles in the Liverpool team, and has been out since November. Pretty damning on the rest of them.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"