The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: naka on March 04, 2012, 10:00:31 PM
Would take rafa and the lady boy back with Carroll back to Newcastle .

If only they would all come out of that closet.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 04, 2012, 09:00:25 PM
How much was spent on Henderson,Downing in the hope they would supply the strikers? would any of them be able to pass the ball like Song did on the winner yesterday? he also did the same in the Everton game.

Downing couldn't even make a simple short square pass to the unmarked Suarez who was free in front of the open goal yesterday.

EC Unique

Wonder will there be many $$$ made available this summer. Liverpool need to get some decent players in if they are to challenge for a top 4 place but will the yanks trust Kenny to buy right after he seemingly wasted a few dollars last summer. Will most likely have to sell to be able to spend.

Gabriel_Hurl

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: muppet on March 04, 2012, 08:32:18 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 04, 2012, 12:26:35 PM
Not sure if it's true but they said on Sky that RVP's goals have been worth 20 points to Arsenal.  That would take L'pool 7 points behind City with a game in hand. A top quality finisher would make a huge difference.

Chesney's saves have been worth 18 points and even though Sagna has only played a couple of games he has been worth 7 points. So if you had the 3 of them you would have 45 more points which would put you 18 points clear with a game in hand. Makes you think doesn't it?
Well since the point was about having a top class striker...no it doesn't really.

muppet

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 05, 2012, 08:32:01 AM
Quote from: muppet on March 04, 2012, 08:32:18 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 04, 2012, 12:26:35 PM
Not sure if it's true but they said on Sky that RVP's goals have been worth 20 points to Arsenal.  That would take L'pool 7 points behind City with a game in hand. A top quality finisher would make a huge difference.

Chesney's saves have been worth 18 points and even though Sagna has only played a couple of games he has been worth 7 points. So if you had the 3 of them you would have 45 more points which would put you 18 points clear with a game in hand. Makes you think doesn't it?
Well since the point was about having a top class striker...no it doesn't really.

Your point was about a striker giving you more points, mine was if you also added a better keeper and a better fullback you could get even more points.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Chesney is better than Reina? Games against Liverpool don't count, as every goalkeeper seems to be a hero there. :D

heganboy

You have to be sure that if the FSG were half as ruthless as Abrahamovich, Kenny and Commolli would not be sitting in the seats they are in now.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on March 05, 2012, 06:45:28 PM
You have to be sure that if the FSG were half as ruthless as Abrahamovich, Kenny and Commolli would not be sitting in the seats they are in now.

Ruthless or stupid?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

heganboy

Mayo4Sam

Strange, because this looks exactly like you were looking into a crystal ball (bag), sorry Freudian slip
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

heganboy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 07, 2012, 02:15:02 PM

Strange, because this looks exactly like you were looking into a crystal ball (bag), sorry Freudian slip

really?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: heganboy on March 07, 2012, 02:24:43 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 07, 2012, 02:15:02 PM

really?

Ruthless or foolish?  Roman treats Chelsea like his own private toy, AVB went in and faced a very strong player base who had the owners ear.  I reckon if he looked long instead of short that Roman would have been better off keeping the young man.  I reckon that FSG have a very good insight into how to make a "franchise" successful and a big part of that is keeping the structure in place.  Liverpool will come good, guaranteed.

By the by, I think they can be ruthless enough, Sammy?

deiseach

You mention Abramovich's ruthlessness as if it's a a good thing

AZOffaly

Is it Ruthless or Trigger Happy? He reminds me of Al Davis (R.I.P) the old owner of the Raiders in  the NFL.