The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 20, 2011, 12:40:11 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 19, 2011, 01:31:15 PM
Quote from: Bingo on October 19, 2011, 11:58:16 AM
http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1214578-evra-should-not-have-run-to-media,-claims-united-legend.html

Manchester United legend Paul Parker has criticised Patrice Evra's decision to make public his allegation of racism against Luis Suarez.

The left-back made public his accusation against the Liverpool striker within hours of the 1-1 draw between the sides at Anfield last weekend, in an interview with Canal Plus.

Former defender Parker, 47, believes that by speaking to media in his native France, Evra has poorly handled the situation and questions why he did not air his complaint to the English press in the immediate aftermath of the game.

"Regardless of whether anything did happen, I am a bit disappointed with the way Evra handled the situation," he told Eurosport

"Making his comments to a foreign-based media outlet was an ill-advised move. The perception back in England of a Premier League player complaining to journalists from their homeland is rarely positive.

"Evra is a senior professional who captained United on Saturday, and as such could have addressed the issue head-on by speaking to the assembled media at Anfield right after the game.

"Or even better, he could have not have said anything to the press at all. He could have spoken to the referee, officials at his own club or at Liverpool or representatives of the FA, the Premier League or the PFA, all without causing as much of a public fuss.

"I don't think many people are fooled by him making such explosive claims to the French equivalent of Sky and then saying that he 'won't make a huge deal out of it'."

Do you think Parker is right?

I think he's spot on. Make a complaint through the appropriate channels and let them deal with it. Doing it Evra's way only demonizes Suraez without trial.

Yes I think you are right. Evra prob did not handle this the right way. I wonder has it happened before and complaint made in private and then nothing done?

It is an awkward one in lots of ways.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: EC Unique on October 20, 2011, 02:49:21 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 20, 2011, 12:40:11 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 19, 2011, 01:31:15 PM
Quote from: Bingo on October 19, 2011, 11:58:16 AM
http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1214578-evra-should-not-have-run-to-media,-claims-united-legend.html

Manchester United legend Paul Parker has criticised Patrice Evra's decision to make public his allegation of racism against Luis Suarez.

The left-back made public his accusation against the Liverpool striker within hours of the 1-1 draw between the sides at Anfield last weekend, in an interview with Canal Plus.

Former defender Parker, 47, believes that by speaking to media in his native France, Evra has poorly handled the situation and questions why he did not air his complaint to the English press in the immediate aftermath of the game.

"Regardless of whether anything did happen, I am a bit disappointed with the way Evra handled the situation," he told Eurosport

"Making his comments to a foreign-based media outlet was an ill-advised move. The perception back in England of a Premier League player complaining to journalists from their homeland is rarely positive.

"Evra is a senior professional who captained United on Saturday, and as such could have addressed the issue head-on by speaking to the assembled media at Anfield right after the game.

"Or even better, he could have not have said anything to the press at all. He could have spoken to the referee, officials at his own club or at Liverpool or representatives of the FA, the Premier League or the PFA, all without causing as much of a public fuss.

"I don't think many people are fooled by him making such explosive claims to the French equivalent of Sky and then saying that he 'won't make a huge deal out of it'."

Do you think Parker is right?

I think he's spot on. Make a complaint through the appropriate channels and let them deal with it. Doing it Evra's way only demonizes Suraez without trial.

Yes I think you are right. Evra prob did not handle this the right way. I wonder has it happened before and complaint made in private and then nothing done?

It is an awkward one in lots of ways.

That could've happened too, and that would put a slant on things, but he was probably wrong based on the information that's there.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2011, 09:23:55 AM
50 years young today. Legend.

Legend.

But it always annoyed me the way John Aldridge was given the boot when Rush came back from Juventus.
Aldo was my hero at the time and it broke my heart when he left Liverpool(I was only 11)
I do believe Aldridge would have went on to be Liverpool's greatest goalscorers ever if he hadn't been sold,as it was he had scored 50 goals in 80 odd matches.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Quote from: laoislad on October 20, 2011, 04:53:15 PM

Legend.

But it always annoyed me the way John Aldridge was given the boot when Rush came back from Juventus.
Aldo was my hero at the time and it broke my heart when he left Liverpool(I was only 11)
I do believe Aldridge would have went on to be Liverpool's greatest goalscorers ever if he hadn't been sold,as it was he had scored 50 goals in 80 odd matches.

He would have been going some as he would have been in his late 20's when he joined in '87.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stew

Legend.

He wouldnt have been that but he was at his absolute best when they let him go, a bad, bad move in my opinion at the time.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on October 20, 2011, 05:06:14 PM

Legend.

He would have been going some as he would have been in his late 20's when he joined in '87.

Should have said 'one of' but yeah in fairness I see your point re the age but he would have scored plenty more if he was kept on for 5 seasons or so.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Carmen Stateside

Nice timing from Bellamy, Liverpool deserved a goal. 

GalwayBayBoy

Milltown Row2

1 each now!! When I back them they draw or get bate FFS
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

one each now - these missed chances could be costly. half hour to get a winner
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Worker

2 weeks in a row liverpool have conceded their lead against inferior teams.

Not good enough if top 4 is an ambition this season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 22, 2011, 06:52:21 PM

Any streams?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 22, 2011, 06:57:53 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 22, 2011, 06:52:21 PM

Any streams?

Under each of Laoislad's eyes.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Watching it now, this is pants. Either team can't pass the ball more than 5 times

sammymaguire

I backed 3-1... Can't see it happen the way this is going

Hold yer horses!! Big Carroll comin on but Suarez not getting much from the officials
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!