Tyrone v Kerry NFL Round 2

Started by Kerry Mike, February 01, 2009, 04:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

The word round Tyrone is Mickey Harte got everyone to applaud Ricey in the dressing room for what he did. He also told him next time to bite the player in question rather than just a we flick with the hand.

This abuse being directed towards Harte is laughable. Mickey Harte cant be accountable for every players behaviour in every minute of each game. Tyrone players are generally well behaved and I'm sure he wouldnt be encouraging players to behave badly in a league game in which the result will have little impact on the season. Catch a grip lads.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: tyronefan on February 24, 2009, 07:29:01 PM
no  he is appealing the length of the suspension  not the reason

are you reading what he is saying before commenting on it
If Harte was unhappy about monobrow's general behaviour, there would have been no appeal - truth be told monobrow could have been hit with bringing the Association into disrepute because of his antics.  Harte saw what he was at like everyone else did and the appeal is still going ahead.

He should have done nothing and definitely not encouraged an appeal on grounds of length of suspension.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

tyronefan

all harte is asking for is that ricey should be treated the same as other people who committed the same offense

dont think he is out of order  just because he wants some consistency

Tyrone Dreamer

I cant believe people think its fair for players from different counties to get different suspensions for the same offence. Ricey's ban will mean he misses 4 times as many matches as Kenny who's action was much worse and dangerous.

ardmhachaabu

TD I don't think that's fair.

I think, as I said before, that he could easily have been hit with bringing the Association into disrepute.  Tyronies would have been crying about a very lengthy ban then.

Ricey was out of order all throughout the game, a 6 week ban is the very least he should have got.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: pedro on February 24, 2009, 06:24:45 PM

While I have the highest of respect for MH, where does he get off with this sort of statement?? He is quite happy to speak out and be the ambassador on how football should be played, on the internation rules, grants etc. but when something unsavoury he does what a lot of Tyrone posters do here, turn a blind eye. No one can persuade me to believe that McMenamin doesn't deserve a ban. He was acting like a tr**p from the start of the game to the finish and rightfully deserved it. The thing is, he doesn't have to do those sort of thiings. he is a good enough player to be at that

"We all agree that it wasn't the proper thing to do and didn't look good. Ryan has acknowledged and recognised that......That is, in no way, to condone what he did because it wasn't good enough and Ryan has agreed with that, and he has regrets for what he has done."

My own feeling was that Ricey embarrased himself and the Tyrone team and should have just taken the punishment (unless it was something ridiculous like 6 months which some halfwits on this thread had called for). This latest abuse on the thread for Mickey Harte is just a joke though, he says clearly in the article posted why the appeal is going in. But the comments about Harte, just like the fact this thread is 60+ pages, just show that some people love to stick the boot into Tyrone.  Any old excuse. Far more serious events took place on GAA fields (in National League games) the same weekend and yet there dont seem to be 60 page threads or calls for lengthy bans. The usual suspects, and some others who should know better, have lost all perspective. 

As for this idea that what McMenamin did to Galvin, or the trash talking, is worse than striking a player thats just pathetic. The kind of macho talk people pinned (rightly) on the Aussie fans who came on here after some of the worst Mixed Rules games and slagged off Irish players.

tyronefan

the suspension is completely unfair when you compare it to what galvin done last year.
Galvin only missed 3 match's while ricey will miss 4

this is what makes the suspension look ridiculous

what he done was wrong and deserves a suspension but in order for it to be acceptable it must be in line with other suspensions given out for the same offense and the punishment should be related to the crime not to how people perceive the offender

magickingdom

it beggars belief that mcmenamin will not accept a 6 week ban. people talk about a disconnect with politicans - does he have any clue how bad he looked? as for comparisons with galvins ban it was 6 MONTHS FFS

tyronefan

read it what ever way it suits you but the fact remains that galvin missed 3 matchs and ricey will miss 4  oh and by the way galvin didnt accept his either  ::)

ddc1990

Quote from: tyronefan on February 24, 2009, 09:30:32 PM
the suspension is completely unfair when you compare it to what galvin done last year.

what he done was wrong and deserves a suspension but in order for it to be acceptable it must be in line with other suspensions given out for the same offense and the punishment should be related to the crime not to how people perceive the offender

Yes but Galvin missed 3 championship matches, big difference to 4 league games.
Also, the word around Tralee (and this is complete heresay) is that McMenamin had Galvin's Girlfriends number on his hand and kept showing it to him through the match.
>:(

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: magickingdom on February 24, 2009, 09:34:56 PM
it beggars belief that mcmenamin will not accept a 6 week ban. people talk about a disconnect with politicans - does he have any clue how bad he looked? as for comparisons with galvins ban it was 6 MONTHS FFS

You tell me what was worse about what McMenamin did compared to the Kenny and thr Campbell incidents and then I'll accept that the 6 week ban was fair. The gaa have imposed a 50% higher ban on McMenamin for the same offence. Off course Tyrone are going to appeal the length of the suspension when it differs from those handed out to other county players. Im shocked that people think its fair for players to get different suspensions for the same offence based on their reputation.

tyronefan

Quote from: ddc1990 on February 24, 2009, 09:46:34 PM

Also, the word around Tralee (and this is complete heresay) is that McMenamin had Galvin's Girlfriends number on his hand and kept showing it to him through the match.

ah now  what next   i heard that mc menamin has cloven feet and makes no foot prints in the snow

Puckoon

Quote from: ddc1990 on February 24, 2009, 09:46:34 PM

Is this the same rumour HEFFO came up with, except then it was Gormley and Alan Brogan?

Come on for fucks sake.

Rodman

why was there not the same outcry last year with paddy campbell and why did paddy get 4 weeks ? simple answer is that a 4 week ban is about right.  The fact that it is Ricey is why there is such an outcry and he got 6 weeks because he is Ricey. If it had of been Davy Harte this thread would have been 2 pages long and he would have got 4 weeks.  Thats the reality of it.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on February 24, 2009, 09:06:33 PM
Quote from: pedro on February 24, 2009, 06:24:45 PM

While I have the highest of respect for MH, where does he get off with this sort of statement?? He is quite happy to speak out and be the ambassador on how football should be played, on the internation rules, grants etc. but when something unsavoury he does what a lot of Tyrone posters do here, turn a blind eye. No one can persuade me to believe that McMenamin doesn't deserve a ban. He was acting like a tr**p from the start of the game to the finish and rightfully deserved it. The thing is, he doesn't have to do those sort of thiings. he is a good enough player to be at that

"We all agree that it wasn't the proper thing to do and didn't look good. Ryan has acknowledged and recognised that......That is, in no way, to condone what he did because it wasn't good enough and Ryan has agreed with that, and he has regrets for what he has done."

My own feeling was that Ricey embarrased himself and the Tyrone team and should have just taken the punishment (unless it was something ridiculous like 6 months which some halfwits on this thread had called for). This latest abuse on the thread for Mickey Harte is just a joke though, he says clearly in the article posted why the appeal is going in. But the comments about Harte, just like the fact this thread is 60+ pages, just show that some people love to stick the boot into Tyrone.  Any old excuse. Far more serious events took place on GAA fields (in National League games) the same weekend and yet there dont seem to be 60 page threads or calls for lengthy bans. The usual suspects, and some others who should know better, have lost all perspective. 

As for this idea that what McMenamin did to Galvin, or the trash talking, is worse than striking a player thats just pathetic. The kind of macho talk people pinned (rightly) on the Aussie fans who came on here after some of the worst Mixed Rules games and slagged off Irish players.

No point quoting what Harte says to the papers. The actions of his players say a lot more than his soundbites. Its clear he is encouraging this very unchristian behavior