The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has confirmed both Steven Gerrard and Robbie Keane will definitely be rested for Wednesday's Carling Cup fourth-round tie at Tottenham.

And he has intimated Jamie Carragher, Dirk Kuyt and Xabi Alonso could also be left out.

Benitez's decision means Keane will not be able to face his former club, having left Spurs for Liverpool during the summer in a £20million move.

Benitez had made it clear he would rest several senior players - some of whom have played six games in 18 days - for the game at White Hart Lane, but has only now confirmed exactly who they will be.

Benitez said: "Gerrard will not be in the squad and neither will Keane.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on November 12, 2008, 10:09:55 AM
Mourinho was the only 'big four' manager who actually wanted to win this competition. I dont think he realised how little the other 3 teams wanted to win it. chelsea always had most of their first team playing when he was manager.

I think it will be a good game tonight maybe extra time

True re Jose. I think, and would agree that winning the CC gave Chelsea a winning mentality. It also takes some pressure off a boss when he has silverware in the cupboard.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: new devil on November 11, 2008, 11:33:38 PM
Yous would of been glad of the carling cup the last few seasons  :D :D

Hope your not banned again for being a idiot   
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

Quote from: corn02 on November 11, 2008, 04:52:54 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 11, 2008, 04:48:18 PM
Didn't see anyone thanking Carson for his assist for Keane's second the last day. Joke.

Near as bad asPhil Neville's assist for Unted in the 4-2 one.  ;)

I think it was actually an og and I seem to remember that being highlighted quite a lot at the time unlike Carson's fuckup (what was he thinking?).

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 12, 2008, 04:29:51 PM
Didn't see anyone thanking Carson for his assist for Keane's second the last day. Joke.

I think it was actually an og and I seem to remember that being highlighted quite a lot at the time unlike Carson's fuckup (what was he thinking?).

Aye sure Aurelio's great counter attack from defense and excellent thru ball for Robbie had no bearing on the goal whatsoever it was all down to Carson  ::)
Robbie might have actually scored even if Carson hadn't rushed out,but don't let that get in the way of a good whinge
You'll Never Walk Alone.

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on November 12, 2008, 02:24:29 PM
Fears of fire sale of Liverpools top players

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article5134437.ece

Interesting but I don't think it will come to that! If there is a £500 million offer on the table why is it not accepted given the current economic state? I would rip their hand off for it!!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on November 11, 2008, 09:53:15 PM
Agree with LL,i would play the bus driver,cleaning staff etc tomorrow night
Play the bus driver!..I thought only the Kilkenny footballers done that..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 12, 2008, 04:29:51 PM

Yeah still as bad. Carson did not strike me as doing anything wrong to be honest - looked like a smart touch from Keane to take it past him.

Stalin

keane took it well aye but carson did fk up, error of judgement in that he came out to get the ball but misjudged the situation and allowed keane to get to it first.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Gabriel_Hurl

The Liverpool team in full:
Cavalieri,
Degen, Agger, Hyypia, Dossena,
El Zhar, Lucas, Plessis, Babel,
Ngog, Torres.

corn02

1-0 spurs , it has been coming.

Babel the only player performing, Torres sloppy.

corn02

corn02

3-0 spurs. Was contemplating heading to this - thank f**k I didn't.

stiffler

dossena is the worsttt, closely followed by ngog and plessis.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009