The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 08:30:40 PM
3-0 spurs. Was contemplating heading to this - thank f**k I didn't.

Jesus the defending is awful and it's not as if it's a young reserve defence

Yes I Would

Reenforces the notion that the second string are a shower of shite!!

Win us the f**king league and then talk about your contract Rafa!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: gawa316 on November 12, 2008, 08:34:08 PM

No but Degen has been injured for the past 2 years and Dossena is just shite. Even Sami is showing his age with those shitehawks either side of him.

Can't get too bothered about it though. The manager obviously doesn't give a toss and neither do the players on the pitch so why should I?

Ones I feel sorry for are the travelling fans spending their money to go watch players who aren't interested.

gawa316

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 12, 2008, 08:40:37 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 12, 2008, 08:34:08 PM

No but Degen has been injured for the past 2 years and Dossena is just shite. Even Sami is showing his age with those shitehawks either side of him.

Can't get too bothered about it though. The manager obviously doesn't give a toss and neither do the players on the pitch so why should I?

Ones I feel sorry for are the travelling fans spending their money to go watch players who aren't interested.

Can't say I'm overly bothered either but gettin a good stuffin can't be good for morale. Just hope we can lift it a bit in the second half and show a bit of pride

ExiledGael

Some encouragement here.
The last two times Spurs have been three nil up at half time they've went on to actually lose both games, to Man Utd and Man City.

Liverpool may now have a team capable of challenging for the Premier League, but certainly not a squad.

corn02

Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 08:36:58 PM
Reenforces the notion that the second string are a shower of shite!!

Win us the f**king league and then talk about your contract!!

Waht shite you talking?

4-1 now.

nifan

I really wish we hadnt risked agger now - those muppets beside him are going to drag him down to their level.

Dossena and Degen are brutal

Yes I Would

I would like to see some meaningful silverware before any extension to contract is renewed. That ok??

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 08:59:21 PM
I would like to see some meaningful silverware before any extension to contract is renewed. That ok??

So if they lost the league on goal difference and lost in the finals of the Champions League and FA cup you wouldn't offer him a new contract?

Gabriel_Hurl

Yes I Would

Basically yes!! When did Liverpool start celebrating second place and runners up medals??
My feeling is that after 4 1/2 years with 3rd place his highest finish, this is the year to deliver. Sitting pretty in November is positive, but its a long season and some of these second string arent up to it and hopefully arent gonna be relied upon to sustain a title challenge.

corn02

Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 09:12:04 PM
Basically yes!! When did Liverpool start celebrating second place and runners up medals??
My feeling is that after 4 1/2 years with 3rd place his highest finish, this is the year to deliver. Sitting pretty in November is positive, but its a long season and some of these second string arent up to it and hopefully arent gonna be relied upon to sustain a title challenge.

f**k you are talking some shite lad. Its a Carling Cup match go away and talk some sense will ya yo fool.

EC Unique

This game really showed Liverpool's squad players to be very weak. To win the league a team must have 18 or 20 players that a manager would have no problems throwing into an important league game. I don't think Liverpool have enough of these type of players and this will cost tham a league title this year.. 8)

GalwayBayBoy

All over 4-2

Pool absolutely woeful first half. No effort. No passion. Nothing. Even the squad players didn't seem interested.

Improved a lot in second half. Won it 2-1 and had the clearest penalty you will see all year not given by Mike Riley who only seems to award penalties at Old Trafford from what I can see.

I have a new found appreciation for Arbeloa and Aurelio because Degen and Dossena are the two worst full-backs to ever pull on a red shirt. I think we overpaid for Degen and we got him on a free.

Anyway that's out of the way now so onto Bolton this weekend.

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on November 12, 2008, 09:43:09 PM
This game really showed Liverpool's squad players to be very weak. To win the league a team must have 18 or 20 players that a manager would have no problems throwing into an important league game. I don't think Liverpool have enough of these type of players and this will cost tham a league title this year.. 8)

Reina
Aurelio
Arbeloa
Hyppia
Agger
Skrtl
Carragher
Alonso
Macherano
Babel
Lucas
Gerrard
Kuyt
Reira
Torres
Keane
El Zhar
Pennant

There is your 18 players wh0o can be thrown in for the big matches - and have been.