The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Well worked out, heard all the jokes at this stage ;).

Nothing could put me in a bad mood after watching that outstanding match, only wish it lasted a couple more hours. Fantastic.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Puckoon

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 08, 2008, 10:17:07 PM
Quote from: ONeill on April 08, 2008, 10:15:02 PM
Well done Liverpool. Arsenal aren't in the top 4 teams in Europe at present so don't deserve to be there.

Fair play O'Neill. Not easy after looking like you were going through with 5 minutes left.

Hope ye can recover to take something from United next weekend.

I think thats pure balls. By that rationale Chelsea and liverpool are in the top 4 teams in Europe?? If they are then we arent a kick in the balls away from being there either.

While I agree that we arent necessarily in the top 4 - (its probably a fans debate to be honest between the other big 3 in the PL - Man united are a shoo in) that has nothing to do with deserving or not deserving a place in the champions league semi final.

We didnt win the tie - which is why we dont deserve to be there - however Liam Brady has it right - arsenal must feel (at least this fan does) that we havnt had our just rewards over the course of the season. That young team fought their hearts out tonight in Anfield stadium, they played their arses off last week at the emirates. Everyone needs a little rub of the green to progress. What arsenal have achieved this season they have had to bust a gut for, and they can certainly feel aggrieved at the double edged nature of penalty decisions, which effectively resulted in a 3 goal swing against a team of CL calibre and experience like liverpool.

I am not belittling Liverpool, or Man Uniteds achievements this season - I wouldnt say they have had above average luck in any instances compared to other teams - dont get me wrong. Arsenal however must be wondering why they cant even acheive average luck. Even slightly below average luck. f**k it, any kind of luck whatsoever except for the rotten luck we've had thus far.

You cant rely on luck - but a bad dose can fairly fcuk you in the ass when you least expect it.

Liverpool - Bring it home.

Goats Do Shave

Thought Babel did very well to stay on his feet for the last goal, considering he got wobbly legs a couple of minute's ealier to go down for a peno!

In the end 2 horrible penalty descisions (1 in each leg) cost the Gooners..... ALMOST feel sorry for them! - But I'm sure Wenger will winge about it for the next couple of weeks any way - sickening everyone!

Dream final still could be on!  :o ;D

girt_giggler

Quote from: derryexile on April 08, 2008, 10:15:41 PM
jesus lads what a game... emotional rollercoaster!!

Feckers ryanair crashed the site as I was processing me flights for the Chelsea game... 45 euros all in... then BANG!!

Easyjet still have all in flights for 50 quid sterling which i quite good...

Have tried the usual suspects like the adelphi, holiday inn, marriot etc for accomodation but they are all 140 plus for the night... anyone else got a suggestion of where would be decent?

Premier Inn ( City Centre ) is better than the other Premier Hotel suggested. Modern & clean with a mighty comfy bed. £60 quid a double room per night.

Formula 1 is a shit hole

Hound

What a match!

While Liverpool were poor in the opening half hour (must have been half a dozen passes sent over the sideline), they were very good for the remaining hour, and were dominating when it was 2-1. Great run by Walcott for the equaliser but I knew there was still plenty of time for Liverpool to get back. I thought Liverpool were the better team on the night and deserved the win. We certainly owed Arsenal one (at least).

While Alonso was dire in the first half, I thought he was the major controlling influence in the second. Demanded the ball, played with urgency and was very positive.

Babel is so much more of an influence when he's a sub rather than a starter. His pace and power has much more impact against tiring legs. He should be a great player in the future, but for this season he should always be supersub.

I don't like seeing Carra at right back. He did alright, but I think I'd prefer either Finnan or Arbeloa.

el_cuervo_fc

Deadly result last night.  My heart was pumping for about an hour afterwards.  Wenger is doing some yapping in the papers this morning.  What ever happened to being gracious in defeat?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Hound on April 09, 2008, 08:44:19 AM
Babel is so much more of an influence when he's a sub rather than a starter. His pace and power has much more impact against tiring legs. He should be a great player in the future, but for this season he should always be supersub.

Very powerful when he went down in the box!!  :-\

nrico2006

I would be moaning if I was Wenger too - a challenge nowhere near as illegal as the one executed by Kuyt last week wins the game for Liverpool - I feel for Arsenal, Liverpool have lady luck again and also had a nice little rest at the weekend too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 09, 2008, 08:59:27 AM
I would be moaning if I was Wenger too - a challenge nowhere near as illegal as the one executed by Kuyt last week wins the game for Liverpool - I feel for Arsenal, Liverpool have lady luck again and also had a nice little rest at the weekend too.

These things happen in football.  Sometimes decisions go your way and sometimes they don't.  Gerard rightly applauded Arsenal after the game.  they've played some excellent football in the last 3 games.  In the first 25 mins last night I thought we were in for a hammering.  They looked a bit more tired in the second half but fought well to get the equaliser with that great run by wallcott.  The penalty decision could have went either way but luckily on the night we got it.  Gerrard showed great composure for the penalty and Babels pace showed against a tiring Fabregas for the last goal.  3 games on the trot for him fairly showed. 

All in all a great night

Dinny Breen

Why can't people enjoy the Liverpool win and not worry about Wenger  ::)

Haven't read through this thread yet but at the end it did come down to penalties, one not given and one given, if ever there was need for a TV replay in soccer those two penalties are the evidence...

Anyhow Liverpool stilled deserved to go through, they didn't sit back and had a right go at Arsenal whose defence was again shown to be naive bordering on shambles. Liverpools European pedigree is amazing and they will be in the final in Moscow and from here on in they'll have my support, for whatever that is worth..
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

A great game, really enjoyed it.  All Arsenal for the first half-hour, all Liverpool for the final hour.  Neither defence looked particularly solid, though Skyrtl had a decent game. MOTM for me was Mascherano, he made it really difficult for Arsenal to get any slow settled ball through the middle, and gave his wide men loads of possession.  Clichy wasn't far behind, and if he was English, would be up for plaudits for player of the season.

In the end the (very even) match rested on two penalty decisions, and on that basis I feel very sorry for Arsenal - they've played the best football I've seen anywhere in Europe this season and will end up empty-handed.  They are lacking something in the middle, and will have to lose Eboue and Senderos.  

Liverpool will need to extend the run of jamminess to win the tournament; Chelsea's power and strength will be a different prospect, but I'm sure Rafa already has a cunning plan.  In a one-off final, which suits them less, they could mug either Manure or Barca.  Who knows?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

tintin25

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 09, 2008, 09:16:29 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 09, 2008, 08:59:27 AM

These things happen in football.  Sometimes decisions go your way and sometimes they don't.  Gerard rightly applauded Arsenal after the game.  they've played some excellent football in the last 3 games.  In the first 25 mins last night I thought we were in for a hammering.  They looked a bit more tired in the second half but fought well to get the equaliser with that great run by wallcott.  The penalty decision could have went either way but luckily on the night we got it.  Gerrard showed great composure for the penalty and Babels pace showed against a tiring Fabregas for the last goal.  3 games on the trot for him fairly showed. 

All in all a great night

Liverpool are the jammiest b**tards I've ever seen. How can they lose with refs like that? 2 men off in the Inter tie, pen last week not given and then pen last night.....sickening. I thought Arsenal were going to coast it in first half hour but they froze after Hypia's goal and allowed Liverpool back into it. Whilst Liverpool had the majority of possession in the second half you could hardly say they were all over them....didn't make a clear cut chance until Torres scored....whilst Arsenal had 2/3 good opportunities in the first. The last ten were frantic to say the least! Hopefully 3rd time lucky for Chelski in the semi and a final meeting with Utd...with Utd winning of course   :)

nrico2006

It will be a Chelsea v Man U/Barca final.  Liverpools luck will run out, but I suppose when you have teams like Chelsea/Arsenal/United challenging for the league aswell then Liverpool should be fresher as they only have the CL to play for.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Great game that had everything. Arsenal looked in devestating form the first 20 mins and played the best football of the 3 macthes in this period. Arsenal will feel robbed over the penalty saga but Im happy enough as the dream final is still on :o :o

Minder

I wouldnt be too hard on Wenger, i dont think Benitez or Whiskeynose would have been too gracious after suffering a defeat like that either. Walcott is lightning quick but Mascherano was close to catching until he fell on his hole.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"