The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on April 08, 2008, 10:10:12 PM
What happened on RTE as i cant get it on Sky digital

I missed the beginning of it but apparently they showed some clip of Wenger that Brady took umbrage with and he said "if I had known you were going to show that I wouldn't have bothered turning up today". He looked ready to take off his mic and bugger off until Bill calmed him down.

Dunphy stoking the fire beside him the whole time with a big grin on his face.

Owenmoresider

Showed a compilation of wenger on the touchline on Wed last and Sat, all animated and frustrated. Dunphy referred to him as doing a John Cleese impression. Chippy was livid and said it was a setup and uncalled for. Dry your eyes Liam.

ONeill

Well done Liverpool. Arsenal aren't in the top 4 teams in Europe at present so don't deserve to be there.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

derryexile

jesus lads what a game... emotional rollercoaster!!

Feckers ryanair crashed the site as I was processing me flights for the Chelsea game... 45 euros all in... then BANG!!

Easyjet still have all in flights for 50 quid sterling which i quite good...

Have tried the usual suspects like the adelphi, holiday inn, marriot etc for accomodation but they are all 140 plus for the night... anyone else got a suggestion of where would be decent?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 08, 2008, 10:13:22 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 08, 2008, 10:10:12 PM
What happened on RTE as i cant get it on Sky digital

I missed the beginning of it but apparently they showed some clip of Wenger that Brady took umbrage with and he said "if I had known you were going to show that I wouldn't have bothered turning up today". He looked ready to take off his mic and bugger off until Bill calmed him down.

Dunphy stoking the fire beside him the whole time with a big grin on his face.
Yep, Dunphy saying he was in on the editorial production. Brady said he hadn't been and Dunphy said that was cos he missed the bus, doing press conferences and so on. :D Thought that was going to make him erupt.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ONeill on April 08, 2008, 10:15:02 PM
Well done Liverpool. Arsenal aren't in the top 4 teams in Europe at present so don't deserve to be there.

Fair play O'Neill. Not easy after looking like you were going through with 5 minutes left.

Hope ye can recover to take something from United next weekend.

muppet

They showed a medley of clips of Wenger losing the plot on the sideline including last saturday's match to suggest Wenger has been losing it for a while. Brady said if he knew that was part of the editorial script he wouldn't have come on the show.

Dunphy then wound it up by saying he was part of the editorial team that selected the clips and that they were entitled to play it.

In fairness to Brady guesting on a show where there is a set up of your boss puts him in a difficult position. I seem to remember Giles suggesting his position might by untenable as an RTE pundit if he was involved in the appointment of the Ireland boss.

I always found that ironic that a football might consider resigning over such a matter while oh say a politician would'nt dream of such a thing.  
MWWSI 2017

Minder

Aye hopefully they kick the shit out of United on Sunday. Get Torres to put his feet up now for a couple of weeks.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stiffler

Quote from: derryexile on April 08, 2008, 10:15:41 PM

Feckers ryanair crashed the site as I was processing me flights for the Chelsea game... 45 euros all in... then BANG!!

Have tried the usual suspects like the adelphi, holiday inn, marriot etc for accomodation but they are all 140 plus for the night... anyone else got a suggestion of where would be decent?

try the premier inn(west derby), 3miles from city centre, 2 miles from anfield

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: derryexile on April 08, 2008, 10:15:41 PM

There is a real cheap place down near Albert Dock called the Formula 1 hotel or something. Doesn't have much staff or anything. Just the basics. A bed and a bog.

Minder

Essien will miss 1st leg against Liverpool

ONeill

Brady was correct in his premise. Wih 5 mins left, Arsenal were through. One silly stumble/tackle and they're out. Wenger would have been regarded as a genius by Dunphy (he more or less said that at Christmas) if hey'd seen out that period.

Chelsea v Utd final I'm afreard.

I'd love a Liverpool beating Utd final.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

5 Sams

Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2008, 10:02:11 PM
Great row on RTE.

Brady about to walk off.

Brady sounded as if he had a few scoops in him :o
The Aristocrat Years

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on April 08, 2008, 10:23:16 PM
Brady was correct in his premise. Wih 5 mins left, Arsenal were through. One silly stumble/tackle and they're out. Wenger would have been regarded as a genius by Dunphy (he more or less said that at Christmas) if hey'd seen out that period.

Chelsea v Utd final I'm afreard.

I'd love a Liverpool beating Utd final.

Im not sure we could beat them this year, nor could i watch it

AZOffaly

What a roller coaster. First of all, my hat is off to Arsenal. They were absolutely out on their feet, but kept trying to play their football right to the death, and would have been deserving winners had the last 5 minutes not happened. Fair play to them, and very hard luck. But Wenger will strengthen them in the summer, his laudable policy of nurturing youngsters just needs a little boost in the shape of a couple of more experienced players to add depth. Seriously, well done to Arsenal for 3/4 of this season, and I would love to see Liverpool play the same brand of football.

However. Delighted for Liverpool as well, played poorly in the first half and were very lucky to still be in the game. Much better in the second half, and looked like winners for a long time. Torres took his goal very well after being well marshalled by a combination of Gallas and Liverpool's poor play. Then the madness. What a run by Walcott, fantastic stuff, and a little part of me was glad he wasn't brought down. That's the sort of play you just have to admire. But even when they scored, I said to the wife 'This is not over' and I had barely the words spoken when Babel (who was very good when he came on fresh) made his burst. I thought it was a pen when it happened, and I still think it was a pen after looking at it, but it was far, far less certain than the one not given at the Emirates. Fair play to Gerrard who put what he correctly called one of his worst performances in a Red shirt behind him, and took it very well. After that Arsenal were always going to be prone to the sucker punch, and Babel was the right man up front at that stage.

I thought Rafa got it wrong with the 4-4-2, especially with Gerrard wide left. I'd have played Kuyt over there and Gerrard on the right if I was going to do that.It's not as if Kuyt is a natural winger on either side, so you wouldn't be losing much, whereas Gerrard looked completely at sea out there. The Crouch call was brave, and paid off to a certain extent, but I feel that the balance is lost with this Liverpool side when you try and fit Gerrard into a 4 man midfield with Mascherano and Alonso.

I thought the back 4, especially Aurelio and my man of the match, Skrtel, were very good, even if Carra continues to look completely lost at right back. I thought Masch was good tonight, better than last week for longer periods, and I thought Alonso was poor again.

Liverpool still give the ball away much too easily, and are very hard on the eye when put in stark contrast with a team like Arsenal, but my God are they 100%ers in terms of effort, application and courage. I love Liverpool FC no matter what style they play, for nights and heart like that, but I would love it if they could couple that with a game like Arsenal or Man Utd play. Then we'd be back for real.

Anyway, roll on Chelsea, another tough tie, and once again, sincere hard luck to Arsenal.