The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Have to agree that Dossena played well last night, when he gets into position he can really cross a ball. But he needs to put together a string of performances before he wins me over. and to be fair I think Stoke or Fulham would have put up a better fight than PSV.
Good to see Agger stride out with the ball a few times last nite. This is what he's good at linking play up which is one of Carra's weaker attributes.
Keane was really doing my nut in for the first half. He just looked sulky and whinging about things. But fair dues to him he kept his head down and stuck at it. And it paid of with a great performance in the second hald and was unlucky not to get a goal.
N'gog still doesn't inspire me. Took the goal well but how many times was the ball played into feet for him and he lost it? I know he's young so hopefully he'll develop but to me he looks like someone who we should be putting out on loan for a year or two to get regular football.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 10, 2008, 09:44:50 AM
There is a school of thought that says you try to get the big boys early enough in the knock out stages, rather than later on in a semi or final. That school of thought would prefer Inter or Real maybe. On the other hand, you'd have to fancy Liverpool in a  legged knockout, with the second leg at Anfield, against Porto, Sporting, Villareal or Munich.

Form has a lot to do with it too. Right now I'd fancy any of the English clubs against Real over two legs but i'd expect they will be a different prospect come the spring. Sometimes an easy looking draw is not the best thing.

ardal

With Real's present run and their injury problems, I'd go for them

gawa316

Quote from: ardal on December 10, 2008, 12:37:43 PM
With Real's present run and their injury problems, I'd go for them

I'd agree if we were playin them in the next couple of weeks but it's not til  march, i think, so no doubt they'll have turned the corner by then

corn02

Quote from: gawa316 on December 09, 2008, 09:46:48 PM
Thought that was a great second half from us. Lucas played really well as did Dossena. we played with ten men until Ngog finally got his act together around the 70 mark. keane had a great second, felt a bit for him when it wasn't going his way. Nice to see the 3 local lads get some CL experience. To be far though PSV were awful apart from a couple of lads up front who looked dangerous at times.

Top of the group though so happy days, hopefully we can avoid Inter. No doubt chelski will get Panathinaikos!

Some goal by Albert :)

Pretty much summed it up.

deiseach

What was the deal with Riera at Man City? When he signed, I thought "great, a Man City reject!" He looks Man Utd quality now

corn02

Quote from: deiseach on December 10, 2008, 01:32:18 PM
What was the deal with Riera at Man City? When he signed, I thought "great, a Man City reject!" He looks Man Utd quality now

He done o.k. He wasn't a dud, the sides could not agree a fee for a permanaent deal, hence him leaving the club.

Goats Do Shave

Go easy!! -It's early yet!  ;)

Minder

He certainly isnt Man Utd quality, he is far better than that.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Looks like it'll be one from Inter Milan, Sporting Lisbon, Villareal, Lyon or Real Madrid in the last 16.

stiffler

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 10, 2008, 09:00:37 PM
Looks like it'll be one from Inter Milan, Sporting Lisbon, Villareal, Lyon or Real Madrid in the last 16.

No easy games at this level, would be very interesting to see Jose come back with Inter.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Hoof Hearted

its been annouced this week that anyone who bought a lump of dodgy irish meat are entitled to a refund. Benitez is currently negotiating with Spurs but they say donkeys werent affeceted so they have no chance of getting any money back !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

corn02

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 11, 2008, 10:47:26 AM
its been annouced this week that anyone who bought a lump of dodgy irish meat are entitled to a refund. Benitez is currently negotiating with Spurs but they say donkeys werent affeceted so they have no chance of getting any money back !!
Boom boom!

EC Unique

:D :D :D

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on December 11, 2008, 12:07:07 PM

:D :D :D

Oh jesus. I knew you and NRico would find it funny.