The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Fair fucks to N'Gog, he looked pretty useless for long parts. Great ball by Keane

Harold Disgracey

GalwayBayBoy

Not too bad. Top the group and all after Atletico only drawing.

The Real Laoislad

Thought Keane had a good 2nd half,If Babel hadn't been so selfish Keane might have got one himself.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Thought that was a great second half from us. Lucas played really well as did Dossena. we played with ten men until Ngog finally got his act together around the 70 mark. keane had a great second, felt a bit for him when it wasn't going his way. Nice to see the 3 local lads get some CL experience. To be far though PSV were awful apart from a couple of lads up front who looked dangerous at times.

Top of the group though so happy days, hopefully we can avoid Inter. No doubt chelski will get Panathinaikos!

Some goal by Albert :)

The Real Laoislad

That Martin Kelly is some big f**ker...There must be some Irish in him is there?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 09, 2008, 09:48:48 PM
That Martin Kelly is some big f**ker...There must be some Irish in him is there?

Not unless Robbie keane is slipping him one ;) He's from Bolton

Anyone know who our list of potential opponents may be?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on December 09, 2008, 09:52:27 PM

Aye I know he is from Bolton....Kelly isn't a very Bolton name though I would imagine  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Quote from: gawa316 on December 09, 2008, 09:52:27 PM

We will probably get Madrid, or Inter and United will probably get Panathanaikos. Obviously it will be clearer tomorrow night but we cant have anyone we have already played in our group (Atletico) or anyone from the same country (Arsenal, Chelsea or United)

Hound

Not sure that finishing top is any advantage, but nice to get another win and hopefully build momentum. Lucas (my man of the match) and Mascherano pretty much controlled proceedings, so hopefully that'll boost their confidence and result in better performances. Disappointed that Darby didnt start but I was happy to see Babel get a run on the right. I think he'll be more effective there than on the left. Delighted to see Jay Spearing get a run, and he did well too.

Robbie was shocking in the first half. Once again more interested in winning frees and moaning to the ref, than the ball. Much improved in the second half, got himself into the game and made a goal.

I don't think much of Ngog. Albeit he was very composed for his goal, and he made sure to give the defender no chance, but I thought the keeper should have saved it.

Hank Everlast

As things stand we would be facing,.... Inter, Sporting, villareal, bayern, porto or madrid. 
(But thats goin by the way the tablees are the nite before the second set of games.... )

If we had finished 2nd the possibilities would have been... Juve, lyon, barca, roma, panathinaikos...

gawa316

Quote from: Hank Everlast on December 10, 2008, 09:21:28 AM
As things stand we would be facing,.... Inter, Sporting, villareal, bayern, porto or madrid. 
(But thats goin by the way the tablees are the nite before the second set of games.... )

If we had finished 2nd the possibilities would have been... Juve, lyon, barca, roma, panathinaikos...

Feck there is definitely no gimmes there. Would like to get either of the portugese teams but you never know, Look at what happened with Benfica a few years back.

Chrisowc

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 09, 2008, 09:39:55 PM
Thought Keane had a good 2nd half,If Babel hadn't been so selfish Keane might have got one himself.

I thought Babel was going to get one himself.  A dig in the gub from Keane.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

AZOffaly

There is a school of thought that says you try to get the big boys early enough in the knock out stages, rather than later on in a semi or final. That school of thought would prefer Inter or Real maybe. On the other hand, you'd have to fancy Liverpool in a  legged knockout, with the second leg at Anfield, against Porto, Sporting, Villareal or Munich.