The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: EC Unique on December 12, 2008, 04:34:44 PM
So he is back-tracking now ::)  He has a bit to learn about management yet :-\

Maybe this might explain things for you:

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has rubbished a report suggesting he said his side were not good enough to win the title.

A story on Friday claimed Benitez was unsure of Liverpool's chances of winning the Premier League and that they could only win England's top prize if Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal all messed up.

Benitez has moved quickly to reject the talk by saying the report has been twisted.

"We are really pleased because we are top and I can guarantee that if we are still top of the table after Christmas we will have a clear chance of winning the title," insisted Benitez.

"It was an interview with a French journalist and we were talking about tactics. I was really surprised with the story but everyone in Liverpool knows about this newspaper. "We are at the top of the table because we are doing things better than the others. It is up to us and that is it."

EC Unique

He needs a few lessons in PR I think. I suppose he is just not used to this sort of attention in December :D

Minder

Quote from: EC Unique on December 13, 2008, 11:09:01 AM
He needs a few lessons in PR I think. I suppose he is just not used to this sort of attention in December :D
You do realise "PR" stands for "Public Relations"?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Part of PR is knowing how to handle the media. If he knew what this particular paper was like then why give them the oportunity to twist his words. He might learn with time to select carefully who to give interviews to. :-\

Carmen Stateside

Steven Gerrard returns to the Liverpool starting line-up as Rafa Benitez makes a host changes for today's clash with Hull City at Anfield 
The Reds skipper comes into the side in place of David Ngog, while Dirk Kuyt, Xabi Alonso, Sami Hyypia and Javier Mascherano also earn call-ups.

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Dossena, Hyypia, Carragher, Arbeloa, Riera, Alonso, Mascherano, Benayoun, Gerrard, Kuyt.
Subs: Cavalieri, Agger, Keane, Babel, Lucas, Ngog, El Zhar. 

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermGael

FermGael

2-0 Hull Carragher Own Goal.

Dossena is absolute rubbish

Carmen Stateside

Holy shit 2-0 Hull Cara og
Need to get fingers out or this could get ugly!

FermGael

Carmen Stateside