Who do you like and dislike most on the board

Started by illdecide, January 19, 2009, 09:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

You must give at least one name who you like and who you dislike, of course you can list as many as you like. And the important bit is to state why, please keep it clean and civilised...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Like (in a totally non sexual way), cant separate Lynchboy and Rufus: both fascinating and thoroughly likeable chaps one's a fellow Celtic fan and the other a fellow Armagh fan and I have met both.

In terms of dislikes, 5 Sams just shades Hardy for me. Both total plonkers

Orior

I like Dinny (for his wit and longevity)

I dislike Illdecide cause he tries to hog the Corny thread.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

Well i dislike Pints (not hate) because he's always putting our club down and that he always has a negative opinion on everything and sounds like a middle aged man with a real chip on his shoulder.

I don't really have any favourites, kinda like you all (until you cross that line ;))

Easy you Orior :-\ or you'll go on my list ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

maddog

Of those that i dont know personally, Jim Murphy, Hardy, Hardstation, Lynchboy, Drici are all worthy reads, ziggy for his persistence and sheer weight of posts is worth a mention, and of course O'Neill in a favourite dog to kick sort of way. Of those i do know personally they are all sound with the exception of stevetharlear who's an awful ballix. Also like the Dublin posters i like in a "god love ye" sort of way.

Dislikes - there are a few of the tyrone posters who im waiting patiently on them to grow up. All in good time i suppose. And the Kerry contingent with the exception of Kerry Mike are arrogant animals.

longrunsthefox

As a newcomer to this forum but spectator for  a while... O'Neill is v tedious.. Fearon self indulgent but has to be admired for having the conviction to put his name up front.  Ziggy is  a legend while Mr Bojangles is an enigma... called for an Everton thread and then vanished. 

T Fearon

It is remiss of me also not to count Bud among my favourites, after his kindness to me in 2002 and on other occasions, I have had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions as well (in both Dublin and Cavan!). Others deserving of mention are Orior, Puskas (doesn't seem to be about much these days), ziggy, heganboy and even the bald Shane whose real life persona (shy) is totally opposite to his Board one, and Pints (who apparently can see me in pubs but I can't see him), and all the various Celtic thread contributors.

maddog

Quote from: T Fearon on January 19, 2009, 10:48:11 AM
It is remiss of me also not to count Bud among my favourites, after his kindness to me in 2002 and on other occasions, I have had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions as well (in both Dublin and Cavan!). Others deserving of mention are Orior, Puskas (doesn't seem to be about much these days), ziggy, heganboy and even the bald Shane whose real life persona (shy) is totally opposite to his Board one, and Pints (who apparently can see me in pubs but I can't see him), and all the various Celtic thread contributors.

yeah forgot about Bud, a good man for a tip as well

lynchbhoy

Have to say theres a good few who I like on this board, some are great craic and others are good fun - when they dont mean to be.

Thre are plenty here who have helped me out and help others on a regular basis , and I think it was hardy who voiced it not too long ago that this site is the first place you post a question when you want to know where to buy a digital camera, printer, new laptop or what hong kong is like as a holiday destination etc.

Of the lads I have met , there are no bad ones - Tony F , Brokencrossbar, a few of the Derry lads, Dinny Breen, saffron sam2, Bannside, donagh, GDA, Zapatista are 100%

A few have been helpful to my questions - Some of the Dubs,some of the larries, main st, Bud, the ever cheerful Pog and Hardy who I might not have seen eye to eye with initially is a decent chap, just likes to hear reasoning why certain things are said in relation to 'northern questions' - stuff a lot of us would just know almost instinctively yet dont realise/remember that others dont have the same insight or experience of the north and cant just accept things without reasoning.

Its a good board, and its easier to pick out who you dont like
imo the siht stirrers and people who intentially try to spin their propaganda and inject the lies/negativity in here that 'debate AT' you not debate with you !
I even think the tyronies are developing personalities and a sense of humour too ! Gawd bless em !
;)

Billys Boots

Quotesome of the larries

Why didn't we get a big 'L' for Larries?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

What makes you think you are one of the 'some'? :D

Tankie

Grand Slam Saturday!

Billys Boots

QuoteWhat makes you think you are one of the 'some'?

Never said I was.  I know you're feeling a bit cocky today AZ, but that shouldn't impair your reading abilities. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Don't be splitting hairs. Your use of 'we' implied you assumed you were one of the some, even if semantically you might be correct. :D

lynchbhoy

btw I may have subliminally left out AZ because I'm an eagles fan.

that presumption might have been a bit 'cocky' too Billy
(though correct)