Who do you like and dislike most on the board

Started by illdecide, January 19, 2009, 09:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Despite several feuds and rows, theres very few posters on here I'd claim to dislike, and many many good guys.

Even some of my past nemises can come out with something every now and then that makes me laugh or smile.

Yeah theres a few on here just out of nastiness towards the GAA, whether they admit it or not.
But I'd be more sorry for them than to go so far as disliking them. To spend so much time on a website about an organisation you hate says to me they have something lacking in their life.

All in all, theres way more good guys than not on here.

Love is all around.
Ask me holy bollix

ONeill

I'd say the vast majority I like. Even balaxes like Lynchbhoy and Stew adds some value. The board and its contributors have changed dramatically over the last 4 years. The likes of Tony, Hardy, Muppet, maddog etc (and I'd include myself in that) have even changed their approach/style on here from 8-9 years ago. If you ever look at the old threads from 2000/2001 you can see how people have grown old/matured/more cautious/more boring......on the board. Also, the new moderated era has also shaped the personality of the board now. Tis mostly good.

People you couldn't stand 5 years ago now you're starting to warm to...and I'll not mention them for fear of stroking ego. I suppose it's the same as everything; judging a book by its cyber-cover is often wrong. Also, not taking 'words' seriously helps.

As for those dislikeables/malcontents - there are those who are a little long winded or narrow-minded but everyone has their story. Don't like Mod2 though. He probably robs grannies.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

cavan4ever

I like Our Nail he is very helpful in the betting threads and was a good laugh in the threads that were deleted a few weeks ago.  On the Cavan Thread Ballyhaiseman seems to be a decent fellow I dont like the people who come into the Offical No piss taking Tottenham Thread and laugh  >:( .

Croí na hÉireann

Loads of weird and wonderful people on here but I think Bud deserves a special mention, his stories and comments always raise a laugh...

The board would be complete if u could ignore certain member's "contributions" like u can ignore their PM's...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

saffron sam2

Hard to dislike anyone who suffers from the same addictions as yourself. The only thing I dislike is the "We're whiter than white, everyone else is a ****" parochialism that infests this board and the GAA in general.

Dislike is too strong a word for those whose sole aim is to wind-up and who have no interest in the GAA. Pity is much more appropriate.

The PM part of the board is where it really comes into its own and regardless of what has been said on the main board, any PMs I receive are always extremely courteous. Particular thanks must go to those members who have been able to sort out a few of my stranger queries; toys for Santa, advice on the sanity of managing particular clubs etc. 
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: ONeill on January 19, 2009, 01:52:38 PM
The likes of Tony, Hardy, Muppet, maddog etc (and I'd include myself in that) have even changed their approach/style on here from 8-9 years ago. If you ever look at the old threads from 2000/2001 you can see how people have grown old/matured/more cautious/more boring......on the board. Also, the new moderated era has also shaped the personality of the board now. Tis mostly good.

How do you access the old board?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ONeill

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Deel Rover,Gab Hurl,Minder,Pints,Ziggy,corn02,Puckoon,Treasurer,full back,midlouth(despite his love of a certain Cork man  ;) ) to name a few I think are class posters and seem like good honest genuine folk.

I love winding Tankie and Gnevin up and apart from a few occasions they take it all and give it back as good and I'd say they aren't the worst in the world.. :)

I had the pleasure of meeting dodo and stevo-08 and both are very sound individuals,also Shamrock Shore who I haven't actually met face to face yet but have talked to and texted on the phone many a time and he helped me enormously a few years ago and I still give him the odd phonecall when I'm in bother..Thanks Shamrock  :)

If I hadn't been stood up I could have added Mr.Fearon and Lynchbhoy to that list but.......................

As for dislikes..

Life is to short to be getting worked up and disliking people so the posters I have no time for on this board and there are a few,I wouldn't even be bothered wasting my energy  having a dislike for them.

EDIT : I meant to ad I have got to know a few posters whom I wouldn't normally post with on this board through the chatzy and facebooks sites and all are sound dudes,you know who you are
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

Just spent an hour going over the 2002 threads around Armagh's All-Ireland. Even after 3 Sams, that was a depressing time!

illdecide

Is Pints intentionally staying away from this thread as he would be typing all night in who he dislikes...lol :D (himself included)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: ziggysego on January 19, 2009, 03:41:23 PM
Croí na hÉireann is beginning to annoy me ;)

Well if someone was trying to drag me to water to get me to drink it I'd be fairly grumpy too...  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Billys Boots

You should never have called him 'son' ziggy.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ziggysego

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 19, 2009, 05:02:49 PM
You should never have called him 'son' ziggy.  :P

Did I? Oops, sure he's old enough to be my father
Testing Accessibility