Dublin v Tyrone BOYCOTT

Started by Tankie, December 31, 2008, 02:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Is someone having a f**king laugh??
Boycott the game because of the way the Dubs fans are treated :D

I mind the time I had a dream, and in this dream championship games were held off until all the Dubs fans made their way from the pubs to the ground.
If this had really happened it would be a disgrace that the GAA pandered to the 'fans'  ;)

Gaffer

I mind the time I had a dream, and in this dream championship games were held off until all the Dubs fans made their way from the pubs to the ground.
If this had really happened it would be a disgrace that the GAA pandered to the 'fans'  ;)
[/quote]

Funny! I had the same dream more than once in recent years!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

pintsofguinness

To be fair, it was in soccer season.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

thejuice

I really dont think the Dublin fans have much to complain about.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magickingdom

altho loath to post on one of the dumbest threads ever i'd like ye all to make a few bob so..... ladbrokes have 4-1 that the dubs wont play a senior championship game outside cp this year. that might be worth a few bob

Tankie

Quote from: magickingdom on January 02, 2009, 09:03:46 PM
altho loath to post on one of the dumbest threads ever i like ye all to make a few bob so..... ladbrokes have 4-1 that the dubs wont play a senior championship game outside cp this year. that might be worth a few bob

There is noway Dublin will play outside Croker in the Championship unless the GAA are ready for the waves of protesters from this board that insist Dublin should play all their games in Croker so the GAA can make loads of money......
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tyrone Dreamer

No one is saying that Dublin should play every game in Croke Park. We're simply saying that you lads should dry your eyes and stop moaning about a game that your county board and team are happy to play in. This is a celebration of the 125th Anniversary of the gaa and Dublin should be proud to be part of it. Why are you's so worried about more people going to the match. Its not costing you's anything more to attend. If anybody is being used its the Dublin summer supporters who wouldnt normally attend. Why do you's care if they are giving money to the gaa?

Tankie

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 03, 2009, 04:54:11 PM
No one is saying that Dublin should play every game in Croke Park. We're simply saying that you lads should dry your eyes and stop moaning about a game that your county board and team are happy to play in. This is a celebration of the 125th Anniversary of the gaa and Dublin should be proud to be part of it. Why are you's so worried about more people going to the match. Its not costing you's anything more to attend. If anybody is being used its the Dublin summer supporters who wouldnt normally attend. Why do you's care if they are giving money to the gaa?

Well it seems fine for the GAA to put the Dublin supporter first when they wanna play a league game that nobody really takes serious (even the GAA dont) and call it a "125th Celebration" just so they can get a full house but when a Dublin fan wants to go to a AI q/f or s/f they can expect to be told that a triple header is on that day so your only get 15k tickets or something rediculous.
Grand Slam Saturday!

muppet

Should it be called a Budcott?  ???

Will they show up on time for it?  ??? ???

Welcome back Gaa season, welcome back.  ;)

MWWSI 2017

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Tankie on January 03, 2009, 05:07:08 PM

Well it seems fine for the GAA to put the Dublin supporter first when they wanna play a league game that nobody really takes serious (even the GAA dont) and call it a "125th Celebration" just so they can get a full house but when a Dublin fan wants to go to a AI q/f or s/f they can expect to be told that a triple header is on that day so your only get 15k tickets or something rediculous.

No one has yet given me a list of double headers that Dublin have been forced to play in that sold out and therefore possibly denied fans tickets. I can only think of one v Donegal a few years ago. This past 2 years the GAA has rearranged games to ensure Dublin got stand alone quarter finals. List out these fixtures or stop crying about nothing.

Tankie

Quote from: AFS on January 03, 2009, 07:59:30 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 03, 2009, 06:46:01 PM

No one has yet given me a list of double headers that Dublin have been forced to play in that sold out and therefore possibly denied fans tickets. I can only think of one v Donegal a few years ago. This past 2 years the GAA has rearranged games to ensure Dublin got stand alone quarter finals. List out these fixtures or stop crying about nothing.

Would you ever wise up TD and stop trying to counter the Dubs perfectly logical argument with trivial things such as facts!  ::) :P

I think there was a trip to Longford where a total of 16K were at the game. I think most people on this board found it to be fair enough that thousands of Dublin fans missed that game.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Tankie on January 03, 2009, 08:04:26 PM

Would you ever wise up TD and stop trying to counter the Dubs perfectly logical argument with trivial things such as facts!  ::) :P

I think there was a trip to Longford where a total of 16K were at the game. I think most people on this board found it to be fair enough that thousands of Dublin fans missed that game.

That was the 1st round of the championship and I'm assuming a home game for Longford. You's cant expect to get every one of your championship games in Croke Park just like Tyrone cant for example expect to play all their championship matches in Omagh. Id say this decade up to 90% of Dublin championship matches have been in Dublin. What the hell more do you's want!

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Tankie on January 03, 2009, 08:04:26 PM

So Longford should have forsaken home advantage just so Tommo and Anto cud stroll to Croke Park 10 mins into the second half? Can't believe I'm even responding to such a daft post. Ye's are losing whatever little credibility ye's ever had
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tankie

Ok so Dublin should give up home advantage for a league game to get 80k but come the championship and a country board wants Dublin down to play but only has a stadium that hold 16k its just tough luck on the other 70k Dublin fans that turned up to some shitty league game........ Typical GAA Bullshite if you ask me!!!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tyrone Dreamer

Well you obviously dont care about them when your moaning looking this match played in Parnell Park were most fans will miss out!Typical Dublin bullshit.