Dublin v Tyrone BOYCOTT

Started by Tankie, December 31, 2008, 02:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

We're not Cork we're the Dubs and we don't go on strike like Reillers and co.

Norf Tyrone

Excuse my ignorance but is the boycott because the match is in CP and not Dublin's home venue of Parnell Park?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 31, 2008, 04:07:32 PM
Excuse my ignorance but is the boycott because the match is in CP and not Dublin's home venue of Parnell Park?
Yeah and the sequel will follow in the summer if they've to play a game outside Dublin.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 31, 2008, 04:09:08 PM
Yeah and the sequel will follow in the summer if they've to play a game outside Dublin.

Cheers POG... I dipped into the game's thread, and had a laugh to myself.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tankie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 31, 2008, 04:09:08 PM

Well i would expect this board to be up in arm if Dublin had to play a championship match outside Croke Park as it is quite clear that everyone feels that the Dublin money making machine should be used at all times....
Grand Slam Saturday!

his holiness nb

I'll be at the game.

The players or management dont seem to have a problem with playing in Croke park, so stop pissing and moaning about it.
Ask me holy bollix

thebandit

They'rs probably boycotting because there is a soccer match on or something.

Tankie

Quote from: thebandit on December 31, 2008, 05:10:05 PM

LL should be able to check that one out for us  ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

I'm going to this game with my GF and her father..Can I expect to see Tankie and INDIANA outside Croke Park with placards  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gaffer

Quote from: thebandit on December 31, 2008, 05:10:05 PM

Or its because they might get cold !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Fuzzman

Fair play to ya your Holyness. You call a spade a spade.

What a lot of crap and there's no way ye'd come up with such chat in Championship time.

Saying all that though I'll be controversial by asking how many of you non Dubs agree it's harder to beat them in Parnell than in Croker?

Canalman

As I said earlier the ticket demand in our southside club is good and I will toddle in with a few mates.Would personally never countenance a such a "boycott" and I really hope I see a new mindset and a return to core values in the Dublin approach to the league opener. To expect a Dublin win is not feasible as I can't envisage Tyrone falling back the 5 or 6 points needed for Dublin to win.However for a start I want to see a crispness in the Dublin play with all forwards actively seeking to get in front of their man when our defence has the ball.

Having seen Vincents trounce Crossmaglen last year I am optimistic that Gilroy and Whelan will improve us. The sight of the "Cross" fans and sideline gobsmacked and incredulous in the 1st half   was one of my(admittedly few) highpoints from last year. Just showed you how our standards in Dublin have dropped in recent years when a team is stunned by meeting a well drilled and physically strong Dublin team.

Personally feel that the Crokes players should have made themselves available. I think they cant afford to absent themselves.

ONeill

I also support this motion. I think Jackeens should boycott Dublin.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 31, 2008, 06:19:28 PM
Can I expect to see Tankie and INDIANA outside Croke Park with placards  :D

What would they have on the placards (memories of the fella in the Celtic jersey and "No Foreign Games")?

"No Home Games" ?
"No Away Games" ?
"No games in Croke Park (until the Summer)" ?

INDIANA

Personally feel that the Crokes players should have made themselves available. I think they cant afford to absent themselves.

rubbish, you have no concept of what is required to win a club all-ireland. Its ok for crossmaglen who are in the latter stages nearly every other year. But for clubs who are rarely there, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and they have to make the most of it. The county players have to train with the club team to bring the standard of training up and at a high level. Crokes made that mistake in 2005 by allowing their players to train with Dublin , they won't make that mistake again.