Dublin v Tyrone BOYCOTT

Started by Tankie, December 31, 2008, 02:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sligoper

I was, and then a rake of northern comments came in so i gave up!

I fuckin love the GAA!

That is all..........
Go on the Bunnies!

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: INDIANA on January 09, 2009, 12:11:49 PM
thats exactly it heffo, unfortunately that doesn't register with some of them. even if they have to give free tickets away they'll make sure its a full house. Its my democratic right not to go and I'm exercising it, but if everyone thinks I'm going to be standing outside with a placard ;D, the nordies have been sniffing too much of the fuel they've been smuggling across the border. I'll be making a dignified protest in the comfort of my own living room, and I couldn't give a continental what the rest of you think of it.

Just out of interest were you one of the Dubs who was going to boycott the quarter final last year because it was being played on a different Saturday than initially expected?

Tankie

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on January 09, 2009, 04:19:58 PM
Quote from: Tankie on January 09, 2009, 03:46:56 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on January 09, 2009, 03:18:33 PM
Quote from: Tankie on January 09, 2009, 03:12:29 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on January 09, 2009, 03:08:41 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 09, 2009, 03:00:15 PM
Not if healy park against westmeath last year is anything to go by. I mean tyrone will travel in numbers to croke park for a league game but can't be arsed turning up for a championship match on their own doorstep. You got it all the wrong way round. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Comparing like for like, an attendance of 7000 at Healy Park for a Tyrone game is the rough equivalent of around 50,000 in Croke Park for a Dublin game. In other words there's been better, but far from shabby...

what a pathetic excuse. We all know Tyrone fans are just about the bandwagon and that game againt Westmeath proved it! Funny how you will get more to an away league game then you will to a home Championship game. Its hardly the Dubs bring out the bandwagon in you guys  ;)
Classic WUM. No point making a worthwhile reply to the likes of you...

with over 1800 posts i dont think i would be a WUM and I aint gonna let you talk shite about 7k = 50k or some bullshite when the facts are there to be seen!
Amount of contributions /= Quality of Contributor

Have you read the crap that you are posting?
Grand Slam Saturday!

BennyHarp

OK, i've read all the posts on this thread and still dont really understand the argument some of the dublin posters are making - are you complaining because;
1. you want to play your home league games at parnell park  OR
2. you dont want to play your league games in croke park   OR
3. you feel that the GAA is using you to get a full house in croker as part of 125 year celebration of the organisation OR
4. you feel that you arent getting enough pats on the back to say how great ye are and how the GAA would be lost with ye OR
5. you want people to stop calling croke park your home ground OR
6. you have a problem with the GAA money grabbing - is it not just good business sense to fill a stadium as and when you can? OR
7. you dont feel that the rest of the country hasnt been thankful enough for you paying for our clubhouses?

All very serious and important points lads - i'd be up in arms myself and i agree the best way to show people is by boycotting your own team! Good on ye, ye'll be sadly missed at the game!  ::)
That was never a square ball!!