New Years Eve

Started by pintsofguinness, December 28, 2008, 07:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is New Years Eve the most depressing, hateful night of year?

Yes
No

Puckoon

People f**king dying is depressing. People losing jobs is depressing.

New years eve might be no great shakes for anyone but for fecks sake - depressing? Hateful? I really think people need to come across real hardship in order to get them to stop bandying about words in a context like this.

Christ such a bunch of useless hoors.

Happy new year.

stew

To O'Neills point there is no harm wishing someone a happy new year. I spent mine in the company of the wife and kids and one of the twin brothers was over, we had a few drinks, a few laughs and I was sound asleep at 12:15. happy days.

Pog, your glass is half empty persona has reached legendary proportions, I had a lad who is a lurker on this site call me to ask me if you are as miserable a man as you appear by your posts, I didnt know what to say.  :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

stew
QuotePog, your glass is half empty persona has reached legendary proportions, I had a lad who is a lurker on this site call me to ask me if you are as miserable a man as you appear by your posts, I didnt know what to say.
Why would anyone think I was miserable  :(
I go with the glass is half empty attitude because that way you can never be disappointed, always expect the worst and you'll be prepared for the worst.  That's my attitude to life.
and what do you mean you didn't know what to say? Didn't you tell him how charming and delightful I was?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

heganboy

Feck the lot of ye- its my birthday. The pain of being over age by one day (16 minutes to tell the truth) for everything was only soothed by never having to put your hand in your pocket when I got older...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Square Ball

I have no problems with NYE, its a time for ringing out the old and hoping for a better one, will spend it as i have done for the last load of years, with the wife, kids and a few family members.

God it seems to be the most depressing night of the year for some of you.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

downgirl

I don't see the big fuss about NYE at all, I will be going out but not to Belfast, somewhere local with my best mate just to have a good night.  Will just be like any other night of the year to me though!

Harold Disgracey

Like Heganboy my birthday is on NYE. I haven't been out on NYE night for about 10 years now. I prefer to have a couple of pints early in the evening & then watch Jools Holland. I have a charity match to play on New Year's Day so I'll probably have a few scoops after that.

leenie

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 29, 2008, 05:54:06 AM
Glad to see the vote goes against the mainly negative stuff written on this thread. Jees its not that depressing is it, id give anything to be back home with family and friends to be honest.

First NYE one on foreign soil for me. Dubai has something spectacular planned id say. I spent 4 days on the beach over Christmas ;) to keep my mind off the homesickness, it helped.

Leenie what does rote mean, in your post i thought it was a something else on first glance :-\..

rote means drunk.....
hope ur not feeling to homesick......
will dedicate one of my many shots to you on new yr eves....

p.s party house in belfast.......
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: leenie on December 29, 2008, 11:00:23 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 29, 2008, 05:54:06 AM
Glad to see the vote goes against the mainly negative stuff written on this thread. Jees its not that depressing is it, id give anything to be back home with family and friends to be honest.

First NYE one on foreign soil for me. Dubai has something spectacular planned id say. I spent 4 days on the beach over Christmas ;) to keep my mind off the homesickness, it helped.

Leenie what does rote mean, in your post i thought it was a something else on first glance :-\..

rote means drunk.....
hope u not feeling to homesick......
will dedicate one of my many shots to you on new yr eves....

p.s party house in belfast.......

Thanks, Happy Christmas and New Year :).
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Hank Everlast

Have to say im not a big fan of new years eve either, you end up spending the whole nite shaking hands and talkn shoite to people u have to pretend to like that on any other nite you wudnt go near.

DrinkingHarp

In regards to the actual post ..........No NYE is not the most depressing, hateful nite of the year.
To me it would be my B-Day..another reminder how close to the end of your time line ::)

NYE is great from 16-28 after that it is just a headache on who is/not driving, the price of destination, the crowd   etc etc etc.

I have it planned out for a great pizza, rum and coke, and 3 hours of online poker. In bed by 1:45 awake by 9 the next day ....perfect.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Hardy

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on December 29, 2008, 09:35:11 PM
I haven't been out on NYE night for about 10 years now. I prefer to have a couple of pints early in the evening & then watch Jools Holland.

That's me/us exactly as well. Jools's show is always brilliant on NYE. The shite in the pubs is only starting as we're leaving. At midnight all the ships/boats in the harbour sound their horns and send up flares and it's just grand.

ONeill

Same here. Jules Holland is more important than Jesus.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

The Beatles are bigger than Jules Holland.
Testing Accessibility

Hardy