New Years Eve

Started by pintsofguinness, December 28, 2008, 07:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is New Years Eve the most depressing, hateful night of year?

Yes
No

corn02

I don't think anyone hates NYE more than me. Years of fights, arguements etc have resulted in me spending the last few years at home. It is the worst night of the year.

comethekingdom

For me -  what we do is go out at about 6 ish and have a few pints early and head home about 10:30pm and do the ringing in at home. Have done this the last few years and its hard to beat. lots of the bigger super pubs are too full whereas the 'local' empties out before 12 and theres usually not too very many to ring in the new year. Anyway its near impossible get a taxi if you stayed out the whole night. NYE was always overrated I thought anyway. Have had more shite NYE's out than good ones!

Over the Bar

QuoteThe Falls Bowling Club would be deadly craic that night too.

You'd get some tongue lashing if you called it Falls Bowling Club with the patrons.   It's Fruithill Bowling club and they consider themselves a cut above the plebs of Andersonstown.

ONeill

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=15FWeKzNxyc&feature=related

Funnily enough the only time I can remember being sick was NYE after Goldschläger.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

leenie

i love new yrs eve......

being rote and vowing this yr will be the yr....

been saying it since it '98   and will be saying it again this yr down stairs in the bot.....

woo-de-woop and 08 was a shite yr can't wait to see the back of it ... (apart from tyrone winning)
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

gerry

never though there was as many of us anti NYE. I have never being a big fan except for smokie in knock na moe one  NYE night when i was blocked and i  on jumped on the stage only to get kicked out the fire door
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Treasurer

Used to be one of my favourite nights, then came to hate it, now I still don't particularly like it but don't get too bogged down in it.  Haven't been out on a NYE in about five years.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on December 28, 2008, 09:39:12 PM

Funnily enough the only time I can remember being sick was NYE after Goldschläger.

The video clearly states he was sick on her. He wasn't!! I'm disappointed.
Testing Accessibility

Niall Quinn

Quote from: ziggysego on December 29, 2008, 12:41:53 AM
Quote from: ONeill on December 28, 2008, 09:39:12 PM

The video clearly states he was sick on her. He wasn't!! I'm disappointed.

And in the spirit of being willfully literal, it also clearly states 'Fox News sucks ass', which has never happened.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Tyrones own

Quote from: gerry on December 28, 2008, 10:46:47 PM
never though there was as many of us anti NYE. I have never being a big fan except for smokie in knock na moe one  NYE night when i was blocked and i  on jumped on the stage only to get kicked out the fire door

Reminds me of being at smokie one night in the Glengannon, some hewer bate a pile of bullocks
in through the side door on to the dance floor... some craic trying to get them back out.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

SLIGONIAN

Glad to see the vote goes against the mainly negative stuff written on this thread. Jees its not that depressing is it, id give anything to be back home with family and friends to be honest.

First NYE one on foreign soil for me. Dubai has something spectacular planned id say. I spent 4 days on the beach over Christmas ;) to keep my mind off the homesickness, it helped.

Leenie what does rote mean, in your post i thought it was a something else on first glance :-\..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Tony Baloney

Rote/wrote = drunk, as in wrote off.

Clane rote aff =very drunk

man in black

I like to go out and meet the lads for a good aul drink about 5ish, then land back up home about 9 and herself has a nice bit to eat done. Have that and few nice glasses of wine, see it in and off to the pit for half twelve, hard to beat. Ready for news years day and a proper drink and day of sport down the pub.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Lecale2

I haven't been out on New Years Eve for years. Pints is right it's depressing. The bars will be packed with people who rarely get out and it will be impossible to get a taxi home.

Like Man In Black, I'll get down to the local on my way home from work for a half dozen pints and be home for my dinner at 8.00pm. Probably sleeping before 12.00.

Mario

Some depressing auld men on here! I will most likely be out until 3 or 4 where ever i can get in.