New Years Eve

Started by pintsofguinness, December 28, 2008, 07:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is New Years Eve the most depressing, hateful night of year?

Yes
No

pintsofguinness

I think it is, what exactly are people celebrating? Is it not a bit daft to be celebrating another year over, another year closer to death?

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Our Nail Loney

I dunno if this is a sign I m getting older and grumpier... But I agree with Pints here!!

Think it is a shite night, I always go out of my way this night, maybe travel somewhere for it like Belfast or somewhere and I alwys have a shite night, you can never get a drink, the places are always packed... Its shite. I am thinking about giving this year a miss.

I havent had a drink all christmas now. Well apart from christmas eve, I a going well though

Maguire01

Haven't gone out on NYE night in a few years now. Few drinks in the house. Complete waste of time and money and guaranteed a crap night out.

pintsofguinness

I haven't gone out on christmas night, boxing night (shut up donagh) or New years eve in years, everywhere packed, can't get a seat or a drink etc

but I find new years eve particularly depressing, I just dont get what people are celebrating?

Over the Bar

I know how you feel pints.   Tyrone win both all irelands, the building trade in tatters and to cap it all diesel north & south now equal in price there's little for South Armagh ppl to cheer about... ;)

Minder

I agree, wankers hugging and kissing people they would not speak to the rest of the year. The incoming year will be as shite as the one just gone. . . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

red hander

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Minder on December 28, 2008, 07:48:13 PM
I agree, w**kers hugging and kissing people they would not speak to the rest of the year. The incoming year will be as shite as the one just gone. . . . . .

Why so grumpy Minder?!?!?

Santa not bring you any playstation stuff??

pintsofguinness

QuoteThe incoming year will be as shite as the one just gone. . . . . .
That's the sort of talk I like to hear!

(very good overthebar)

ziggysego

Last year's was amazing. This year I'm sitting in and doing the family thing.
Testing Accessibility

Tyrones own

The paying of exorbitant rates for baby sitters and taxis on NYE was what used to get my goat, back there especially :o
It really is amateur night out anyhow, far safer sitting in the house..... fcuk it lads admit it, we're all getting old :(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ONeill

Have to say, I never get this 'I hate NYE' mantra people come out with. What the feck do you all think is going to happen on that night? I've always enjoyed a small beverage with people I like and wish well for the coming year. AN excuse for a glass of champagne.

Maybe it's because I spent my teenage years piping in pubs and getting extortionate amounts of sterling for 5 mins work around Draperstown that I quite like NYE.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Square Ball

Quote from: hardstation on December 28, 2008, 08:51:49 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on December 28, 2008, 08:41:07 PM
On that note, where else would anyone recommend going out to in Belfast on NYE to have some sort of enjoyable night?
Ligoniel Working Man's club.
The Hawthorn Bar
Shankill Liverpool Club.
The National
Clonard Hibs
Royal Bar
Falls Pigeon Club
The Dockers Club
The Marty Forsythe

HS

where is the marty f, we were talking about bars and I couldnt remember where the hell it was, all i know is I drank in it a few times. is the falls pigeon club in Iveagh?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Square Ball on December 28, 2008, 09:19:22 PM
Quote from: hardstation on December 28, 2008, 08:51:49 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on December 28, 2008, 08:41:07 PM
On that note, where else would anyone recommend going out to in Belfast on NYE to have some sort of enjoyable night?
Ligoniel Working Man's club.
The Hawthorn Bar
Shankill Liverpool Club.
The National
Clonard Hibs
Royal Bar
Falls Pigeon Club
The Dockers Club
The Marty Forsythe

HS

where is the marty f, we were talking about bars and I couldnt remember where the hell it was, all i know is I drank in it a few times. is the falls pigeon club in Iveagh?

Haven't really had a good night in Belfast on New Year's Eve even though I've been going up there for 4 /5 years. We tend to have too long of a carryout then end up going somewhere poor enough like Dukes / Renshaws. Wouldn't mind just going early to the Bot this year for a bit of craic.

I take the point that it tends not to be a great night out but I'd feel like a tool sitting in. It'll be better than watching TV anyway.

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ONeill

The Falls Bowling Club would be deadly craic that night too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.