Previous topic - Next topic

Is Roy Keane a good manager?

yes
24 (46.2%)
no
28 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

magickingdom

todays was roys 100 game in charge at sunderland where he has spent e83m putting together his team. is he any good?

Minder

Quote from: magickingdom on November 29, 2008, 08:53:36 PM
todays was roys 100 game in charge at sunderland where he has spent e83m putting together his team. is he any good?

No but i dont mind him as much anymore, more magnanimous and honest than that other silly oul f**ker.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Reckon he might walk out on Sunderland. Won't be the first time after all.

Minder

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 29, 2008, 09:01:58 PM

Mischievous GalwayBay boy.........

Tony Baloney

Should be a third category, too early to tell. I think he has the potential to be a decent manager but he's bought some shite. He has said before it is difficult to bring decent players to the north east as their wags would rather they were near the good shops in london and the north west

The Real Laoislad

He has made some terrible purchases in the transfer market,The amount of money he has spent on pure shite...Chopra,Healy,McShane,Stokes,Miller and many more...Fair enough every manager makes silly signings I know that but Keane seems to be making a habit of it and spending a fortune doing it.
Could see them being relegated this year.
What will all the fools who jumped on the SundeIRELAND bandwagon do if Keane jumps ship ::)
All those egits who were suddenly making weekend trips to Sunderland to follow them because Roy Keane was their manager,There were even idiots on here claiming he was gonna have them in Europe ffs..
He might make a decent 1st Divison manager but he at the moment doesn't seem to have what it takes to succeed in the Premier League despite keeping them up last year.
In fact they were nearly a better side last year,He has brought in to many players if you ask me
Its a true saying that generally good players don't make good managers

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

That reminds me did we not have an "official" boylesports sunderland thread when they beat Aldershot or some powerhouse like that

milltown row

who is he really going to attract to Sunderland? lets be honest players are never going to want to go there and spending that amount of money means nothing.

lovely people, worked with many a maccam (seriously spelt badly) but the place is the pits

Owenmoresider

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 29, 2008, 09:01:58 PM

Frankie Boy

Gaa referee goes on a fishing trip. lol
LOL. HA HA!

Minder

The problem with Sunderland fans is, like the other North East clubs, they think they are better than they are and have a god given right to be in the Premier League. You always hear about their "passionate" support but when they lose a couple of games the place is half empty at home games.

Minder

Is New Devil on the soup again, he put a post on there and deleted it almost immediately !

new devil

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 29, 2008, 09:38:37 PM
He has made some terrible purchases in the transfer market,The amount of money he has spent on pure shite...Chopra,Healy,McShane,Stokes,Miller and many more...Fair enough every manager makes silly signings I know that but Keane seems to be making a habit of it and spending a fortune doing it.
Could see them being relegated this year.
What will all the fools who jumped on the SundeIRELAND bandwagon do if Keane jumps ship ::)
All those egits who were suddenly making weekend trips to Sunderland to follow them because Roy Keane was their manager,There were even idiots on here claiming he was gonna have them in Europe ffs..
He might make a decent 1st Divison manager but he at the moment doesn't seem to have what it takes to succeed in the Premier League despite keeping them up last year.
In fact they were nearly a better side last year,He has brought in to many players if you ask me
Its a true saying that generally good players don't make good managers

Yea the same as the egits who make the trip to liverpool because there grandfather is from there  ::) ::)

Change the record son

Rossie11

When he took over they were 2nd from bottom of championship. They spent a fortune and got promoted.
The team who were bottom Derby also went up... Derby had a poor start last season and their manager got the door.
They spent a fraction of what Keane has spent. He has spent more than Madrid in his time there. Some woeful buys.
I cant see him lasting until end of the season. If they are still in the relegation dogfight come March I reckon he will be sacked.
With the money they have spent they cant afford to go down.

new devil

:D :D Its only 6oclock minder..something wrong if was on the soup at this time