All Ireland final tickets for 2009 already sorted !!!!!!

Started by orangeman, November 28, 2008, 01:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

What do you think of the new scheme ???????

New season ticket scheme on the way
28 November 2008

The GAA plans to launch a new season ticket scheme next year in a bid to ensure that loyal supporters can obtain All-Ireland final tickets.

The plan will be warmly welcomed by the 'real' GAA fans, many of whom can't gain access to All-Ireland final tickets after following their team all year.

"One thing we hope to pilot next year is season tickets," said GAA director-general Paraic Duffy.

"A person that gets a ticket for all a county's league and championship matches will be entitled to an All-Ireland final ticket if their team gets there. Getting tickets for the All-Ireland final is one of the biggest gripes any GAA fan has."

As part of their Strategic Plan for the next six years which was launched earlier this week, the GAA also intends to continue growing revenues from ticket sales, but Duffy insists that supporters won't be hit in the pocket given the current economic climate.

"We have a lot of ideas in that regards," he said.

"We want to make it easier to get tickets and have more people coming to our games. We're not even thinking about increasing the price of tickets next year - that's a given. We'll just have to take the hit in terms of inflation and so on."

Maguire01

Well i'll be doing it. I'd be at most, if not all of the games anyway. And i would struggle to get an AI ticket. It's a win win situation for real fans. The only thing is, how will the price the ticket for the championship, given that you don't know how many games a county will get?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 28, 2008, 01:26:01 PM
Well i'll be doing it. I'd be at most, if not all of the games anyway. And i would struggle to get an AI ticket. It's a win win situation for real fans. The only thing is, how will the price the ticket for the championship, given that you don't know how many games a county will get?

I'd imagine you'll have to register a credit/debit card and it will be charged for every ticket issued.  Have been looking for a system like this for years, hopefully you can buy multiple seats on the one card so that people can sit with her indoors, group, etc.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

milltown row

sure ya dont even get a f*ucking ticket when ya pay 12 quid into the games in the first place. how will the 1 for you 3 for me brigade survive :D

Hardy

Quote from: orangeman on November 28, 2008, 01:07:17 PM
"A person that gets a ticket for all a county's league and championship matches will be entitled to an All-Ireland final ticket if their team gets there. Getting tickets for the All-Ireland final is one of the biggest gripes any GAA fan has."

Presumably you'll have to register your team allegiance as well, then?

Edit - I suppose you just have to show you bought tickets for all of one county's matches to qualify it that county gets to the AIF.

AN other

What would happen if you couldn't get a ticket for a semi-final or quarter-final???

youngfella

Pull hard and early

youngfella

Hard enough to get a ticket without all this blocking the road
Pull hard and early

Bogball XV

Quote from: orangeman on November 28, 2008, 01:07:17 PMWe're not even thinking about increasing the price of tickets next year - that's a given. We'll just have to take the hit in terms of inflation and so on."
FFS, martyrs eh??  Maybe they might acknowledge that a wee price drop is in order.

Tyrone Dreamer

Not sure how this will work. Who will be selling the tickets? Will it be the clubs? I'll probably be at all the Tyrone matches so will probably buy one. But if you didnt go to all the games would it not be a lot cheaper just to join a club. Most clubs in Tyrone had tickets for every adult member for the all ireland final last year.

Also would you be able to get a ticket through this scheme and then be entitled to one out of your club as well? Say 6000 or 7000 Tyrone fans bought these (highly unlikely to happen) then surely this would leave clubs short if the 2 werent linked.

magickingdom

the whole gaa ticket system is bolix anyway so if they tighten that up with even basic controls they will generate more money. every time the munster final is in killarney its possible to haggle esp if there is a gang of ye to get a few quid off at the big double gate at the bypass side of the ground. what does that say about controls? how am i supposed to show i was at the game?

its a good idea but will need some work, i go to all kerrys home league games, (plus at least 4 or 5 club games a year) but not to away league games because its just not possible. every time kerry reach an ai i'm always looking for a ticket up to the sat night/sun morning which is a pain in the arse. so some kind of system whereby regular supporters are looked after would be great. an even bigger gripe (maguire01 mentioned it) for me is the fact you cant get seats together for ai, a few years ago i had my 12 year old nephew with me outside croke pk but due to the size of the crowd he wouldn't go in on his own so i had to give away his ticket while his mom took him shopping. its a joke that dads/moms cant sit with their sons/daughters or friends cant sit together for al...

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

carnaross

There wouldn't be a problem if the tickets were allocated to clubs directly rather than county boards. County board officers automatically get/take a ticket and the balance is shared out among the clubs depending on the number of registered players in that county. I have no gripe with county board officers having a ticket, but, in my opinion, the clubs should have the choice to give their members who serve on the board a ticket if it is felt deserved. This would also stop those individuals who are on the county board solely because they automatically get a ticket.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

milltown row

to be honest lads i've haven't misssed a final in the last 14 years (hurling) i've been to some football finals, spare tickets are always available if ya want them

Minder

Same here Milltown, nobody is gonna knock on your door and hand you them but we usually have at least 2 or 3 spares every year (hurling).
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"