All Ireland final tickets for 2009 already sorted !!!!!!

Started by orangeman, November 28, 2008, 01:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: AN other on November 28, 2008, 08:16:34 PM
What would happen if you couldn't get a ticket for a semi-final or quarter-final???
Unless the Dubs are involved, that is never an issue.

Quote from: AFS on November 28, 2008, 08:38:42 PM
A bit shit that you have to go to every game. There'll be plenty of genuine Armagh supporters that'll give the away league game in Cork a miss for obvious reasons.
But surely those who do go to all the games should get priority, because if they're willing to travel to Cork for a league game, then surely they've proved that they're entitled to the chance of an AI ticket.
'Genuine' Armagh fans might miss the Cork game, but the hardy few who do make the journey should surely get priority come the summer.

Bogball XV

Quote from: drici on November 29, 2008, 12:14:32 PM
If somebody wanted to go to the Final no matter who was in it, just make a list of the Counties that might reach the Final and buy tickets for all their games.
With a bit of luck, they might even touch for both Finalists and could get a ticket for one of their mates as well though they might have to ring up and explain that they wanted to sit near them in case there was no craic with the other people who were in that area.
Aye, I mind going to a hurling final there a few a years ago and it was boring as fcuk (not just because it was hurling - do people really have a clue where thon wee ball is half the time??), as I had to sit way these auld boys from Cork and they were no crack, as Kilkenny were giving them a beating.  I do think however that the gaa probably won't accommodate you if you happen to strike lucky - probably the best thing would be to buy 2/3 season tickets from the teams you think will be in the final and then, when they get there you could have sets of tickets together to give to your mates (via ebay for a nice packet too maybe ;)).

magickingdom

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 30, 2008, 10:19:20 PM

(not just because it was hurling - do people really have a clue where thon wee ball is half the time??),

??? ??? ???

Tyrone Dreamer

Taken from hoganstand:

The GAA has launched a reduced price Season Ticket for the 2009 season. This is the first of many planned ticketing packages to be introduced over the coming years as part of the Association's continuing development of ticketing operations.

The county and code specific ticket has been designed to meet the unique requirements of the GAA fixtures schedule. The ticket, excellent value at Eu75 entitles the supporter to entry to all Allianz GAA National League round games and the first round of the GAA Senior championship involving their county in their chosen code and a discounted price for all subsequent games, excluding Provincial and All-Ireland final.

There is an in-built loyalty programme involved in the ticket in that, should the supporter's county in the chosen code, qualify for the All-Ireland final then based on a minimum attendance of 60% the supporter is guaranteed an All-Ireland final ticket.

Speaking at the launch, GAA President Nickey Brennan said: "I am very pleased to launch the GAA Season Ticket for 2009, which has been designed to accommodate our unique fixtures programme. I am particularly delighted that loyal supporters now have the opportunity to guarantee themselves a ticket for the All-Ireland final should their county qualify."

The GAA Season Ticket is available through www.gaa.ie

For those who will attend 6 or 7 of their counties nfl games and 1st round of championship €75 is very good value. Will call the bluff of supporters who are normally shouting in September that theyve been to all the matches all year but cant get a ticket for the final. I take it there will be a barcode on the ticket and at every match your ticket will be scanned which will be the proof  that you have attended 60% plus of the matches. Definately an excellent idea.

orangeman

About the GAA Season TicketGAA Season Ticket is county specific & code specific, so that means you need one for hurling and one for football.

The Ticket provides entry to the stand for one person at all of your county's Allianz GAA National League matches & GAA Senior Championship matches.* See Stand Tickets! for more details.

You can buy the Ticket on-line only and you will need a credit card or Laser Card to do so.

You pay an initial base price of €75 that includes all of your county's League round matches plus the opening Championship match. Your credit card or Laser Card will then be charged for each subsequent match that your county plays in whether you attend or not. See Price & Payment for more details.

Dedicated fans will be entitled to All-Ireland Final tickets. See Qualifying for All-Ireland Tickets for more details.

For details on your county specifically click on the relevant code and then select your county: Hurling or Football.

*There are a small number of venues where there is insufficient stand capacity to guarantee a seat. Pre-printing your seat number will also be required for some fixtures, at no additional cost

Tyrone Dreamer

Think the gaa deserve praise for this initiative. Definately will reward genuine fans who attend all games - they will get a reduction in terms of overall total costs and be guarenteed tickets for all matches. It sounds like you pay €75 initially for the league games and 1st round of c'ship. You then are automatically charged for all other championship matches involving your county (with a €5 reduction - except finals) directly to your credit card.

Attendance for all games will be monitored and if you attend 60% of matches and your team get to final you are guarenteed a ticket. If you attend 100% of games and your county isnt in final you will be entered in draw for all ireland tickets. Will be interesting to see if this improves attendances - its probably happened at a bad time in terms of the economic situation.

orangeman

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on December 01, 2008, 02:11:37 PM
Think the gaa deserve praise for this initiative. Definately will reward genuine fans who attend all games - they will get a reduction in terms of overall total costs and be guarenteed tickets for all matches. It sounds like you pay €75 initially for the league games and 1st round of c'ship. You then are automatically charged for all other championship matches involving your county (with a €5 reduction - except finals) directly to your credit card.

Attendance for all games will be monitored and if you attend 60% of matches and your team get to final you are guarenteed a ticket. If you attend 100% of games and your county isnt in final you will be entered in draw for all ireland tickets. Will be interesting to see if this improves attendances - its probably happened at a bad time in terms of the economic situation.

What do you mean by genuine ??

Croí na hÉireann

Excellent, will definitely be signing up to this. Wonder will it be possible to sit with other season ticket holders for the sell out games if you book your seats online at the same time??? Pity you can only book 2 on the one card, I'm sure there'll be groups of people who'd be interested in putting it all on the one card and sitting together...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

tyrone86

I may be in a minority but I disagree with this scheme in principle. If attending 60% of matches is the maximum you have to do to get an All-Ireland Final ticket then where's the incentive for volunteerism within your local club? Why should the clubs allocation be cut making them unable to facilitate genuine club people that give their time over the course of a year at the expense of other people from the area that offer nothing to the club and just attend county matches?

southderryman

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 01, 2008, 02:24:23 PM
Excellent, will definitely be signing up to this. Wonder will it be possible to sit with other season ticket holders for the sell out games if you book your seats online at the same time??? Pity you can only book 2 on the one card, I'm sure there'll be groups of people who'd be interested in putting it all on the one card and sitting together...

could ya not just buy two season cards?

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: tyrone86 on December 01, 2008, 02:46:48 PM
I may be in a minority but I disagree with this scheme in principle. If attending 60% of matches is the maximum you have to do to get an All-Ireland Final ticket then where's the incentive for volunteerism within your local club? Why should the clubs allocation be cut making them unable to facilitate genuine club people that give their time over the course of a year at the expense of other people from the area that offer nothing to the club and just attend county matches?

In reality only around 5000 max (probably being very generous) would attend 60% plus of Tyrone games in a year. Last year Tyrone got 15,000 tickets for the final. There's approx 60 clubs in Tyrone (including hurling etc). 10,000 tickets left for 60 clubs would be around 165 tickets each. That should more than cater for club volunteers/players. The people who may be effected are those who pay £20 to join a club in January and are next seen in September demanding an All Ireland ticket. Also being a club volunteer doesnt stop you supporting your county - the 2 arent in competition.

Great idea to reward those people who support Tyrone all year and not just when theres a ticket shortage.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: southderryman on December 01, 2008, 03:40:39 PM

I was talking about groups of more than 2...

southderryman

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 01, 2008, 04:03:50 PM
Quote from: southderryman on December 01, 2008, 03:40:39 PM

I was talking about groups of more than 2...

read that wrong! :-[

i see what ya mean, but at least they've finally made a start trying to sort things out. for years people have been complaining (and rightly so) about ticket distribution. at least the gaa are taking steps in the right direction to try and reward the most loyal supporters.

Its not often i praise them, but i have to say well done this time.

anyway, if derry ever actually managed to get to an AI final again the last thing i'd be bothered about is where i am sitting!

Doohicky

For me, this is really great value. Not sure if I will be able to attend all the League games, but I know I will attend a fair few of them. Knowing that we (Tyrone) play in Croker for the first game of the season 75 euro is great value to be able to attend all the games (plus first Championship game).

I will definately be availing of this, although does anyone know if Maestro Cards will work? I don't have a credit card. Never trust myself with them.

Croí na hÉireann

Maestro/Laser cards do indeed work, booked mine with it last night. Convinced the woman to sign up too but she wouldn't accept it as a Christmas present, u win some, u lose some...  :P

I'd say you'll be able to sit beside anyone who pays at the gate(child/student/mate), it's just that you won't be able to sit together in the designated area (if the league ground has one), although I'm sure if u arrive early and flash something similar/have a quiet word the steward in charge will wave you in. Regarding being billed for not attending games, well you'd have to miss 4 of the first 8 games to actually lose money on this...