All Ireland final tickets for 2009 already sorted !!!!!!

Started by orangeman, November 28, 2008, 01:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rage

Doohicky, a BOI Maestro Card from the north will not work for this, mine has just been rejected  >:(

Doohicky

Quote from: rage on December 02, 2008, 11:06:20 AM
Doohicky, a BOI Maestro Card from the north will not work for this, mine has just been rejected  >:(

Ah, big hairy balls to that then. Good thing I did not go down and put money into the account for this then. (I use a seperate account for all my Maestro stuff). Looks like it's down to begging others to put it on their Credit Card for me.

rosnarun

think were missing something anout the 60% if you buy the seSON TICKET . is it not a given that you were at the match. or do they have some way of checking that you actually attended ? could someone else use the ticket surely they wont have electronice equipment to scan them at all grounds next year.
Or are they chatting FBD,mcgrath o'byrne cup games as well?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: rosnarun on December 03, 2008, 12:46:12 AM
think were missing something anout the 60% if you buy the seSON TICKET . is it not a given that you were at the match. or do they have some way of checking that you actually attended ? could someone else use the ticket surely they wont have electronice equipment to scan them at all grounds next year.
Or are they chatting FBD,mcgrath o'byrne cup games as well?

I'd imagine they will have one of them barcode scanners they use in Croker at every ground in the country now to record your attendance and can't imagine it'll be any problem for someone else to use your ticket if u can't go. Not valid for FBD,mcgrath o'byrne cup...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

T Fearon

two tickets purchased already! Excellent value (it was £11 into NFL Games last year)and a guarantee of All Ireland Final tickets for Armagh V Kerry in 2009! I'll probably get freebies for the championhsip as well which I will sell and use to finance the season ticket purchase ;D

Hardy

Quote from: T Fearon on December 03, 2008, 10:30:28 AMI'll probably get freebies for the championhsip as well which I will sell

Why am I not surprised? I'm sure all the people who have provided you with said freebies over the years will be hugely impressed with your generosity when the opportunity arose to reciprocate.

armaghniac

This seems an admirable scheme, especially for those of us living outside our counties who are obviously peripheral to any clubs in that county. Apart from anything else it sorts out a ticket for the first championship game, which might be hard enough to do if you are in Armagh or Tyrone.

Cue a row though when some ground somewhere hasn't got the scanners or whatever and they don't properly record if you attended or not.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Armaghmaniac, there wasn't a row last year when thousands of people paid £11 thinking we were going to watch Armagh play Dublin and the game was called off without any refund. In otherwords I paid 1/5 of the cost of the season ticket last year and didn't even see a game ::)

T Fearon

I also understand that sales are limited to 250 per county, so at the most there's only 248 left for Armagh currently ;D

AN other

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 03, 2008, 09:34:08 AM
can't imagine it'll be any problem for someone else to use your ticket if u can't go.

Terms and conditions outlines that it must be yourself who uses the ticket and that they may ask for ID...

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AN other on December 03, 2008, 01:42:14 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 03, 2008, 09:34:08 AM
can't imagine it'll be any problem for someone else to use your ticket if u can't go.

Terms and conditions outlines that it must be yourself who uses the ticket and that they may ask for ID...

:D some chance of that happening...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

T Fearon

Cannot see anything wrong with this scheme whatsover. You are making huge savings getting 7 NFL Games and Championship round 1 for less than a total of £65 (thats less than I pay for one ticket to an Ireland soccer game at Croker), and  guaranteed tickets all through the championship (remember last year when it was difficult enough to get a ticket for the Ulster Final) and that magical feeling if you're watching your team win an AI Semi Final that your Final ticket is assured.

thejuice

Think I might get one. I might get to tip over for the odd league game and it'll get me a seat for Meath beating Dublin. if they arent gone already that is.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

T Fearon

The Meath ticket will also grant access to the Royals defeat in Armagh in the league as well ;D

thejuice

Ahem!

Meath 0-15 Armagh 2-5

NFL 2006
Meath 0-19 Armagh 1-9

NFL 2008
Meath 3-07 Armagh 1-06

There was another game that ended in a draw played in Navan but I cant remember the year or result,
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016