The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: square_ball on September 01, 2023, 12:56:10 PM
So who is this transfer windows Andy Carroll when the bid for Mo gets accepted?

I can't see this happening today but you suspect the Saudis will come back again and again until they get their man.

Worth noting they have until September 7th when their window closes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 01, 2023, 01:01:05 PM

I can't see this happening today but you suspect the Saudis will come back again and again until they get their man.

Would it not be good business? Salah Didn't look happy the other day when coming off, I'm not happy either when getting taken off but he's been subbed before and never reacted like that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

If they want him now - they'll still want him next summer. He can go then.

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2023, 01:03:08 PM

Would it not be good business? Salah Didn't look happy the other day when coming off, I'm not happy either when getting taken off but he's been subbed before and never reacted like that
That's absolutely not true. That's the way he often reacts if he's taken off with a game still in the melting pot!

Hound

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 01, 2023, 01:08:05 PM
If they want him now - they'll still want him next summer. He can go then.
Spurs got about 100m for Kane with 1 year left, so I guess that's what Liverpool expect next summer.

This bid is 'only' actually £100m. The add-ons are far from certain and no way LFC could accept with Salah still having 2 years left on his contract. A £150m bid with no strings might change things. Wouldn't make sense to accept from a football point of view, but the extra £50 mill could well give FSG pause for thought.

Joeythelips

Liverpool would have taken hand and all if they had someone else lined up, a bit late in the day now to get a replacement in.

square_ball

Yeah thats true but the only way I can see it happening this window is if Salah pushes for it between now and then.

Talk is the next bid is £175m and they will go towards £200m if they have to. But obviously a lot of that is add ons of which a load could be unrealistic.

trailer

Quote from: square_ball on September 01, 2023, 01:38:52 PM

Yeah thats true but the only way I can see it happening this window is if Salah pushes for it between now and then.

Talk is the next bid is £175m and they will go towards £200m if they have to. But obviously a lot of that is add ons of which a load could be unrealistic.

He'll push for it. I can't see him staying

seafoid

salah is Arab and Muslim like the Saudis. A massive role model in the Middle East compared to , say, Henderson. Egypt is a big market. He is only 31. He would be worth opening another oil well for.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 01, 2023, 12:35:24 PM
Liverpool
LASK
Union SG
Toulouse

You'd be happy enough with that

Who the f**k are those teams. I know the last one are good at rugby
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

jcpen

£200mill straight up is what they should tell the Saudis.
Get João Félix in for now and then have someone lined up for January.
Liverpool pretty stacked up front so I don't think he'd be as much of a miss as people think.
NEUTRAL

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Joeythelips on September 01, 2023, 01:34:41 PM
Liverpool would have taken hand and all if they had someone else lined up, a bit late in the day now to get a replacement in.

This

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 01, 2023, 01:43:36 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 01, 2023, 12:35:24 PM
Liverpool
LASK
Union SG
Toulouse

You'd be happy enough with that

Who the f**k are those teams. I know the last one are good at rugby

LASK are Austrian
Union SG are Belgian - they were in the competition last year - played Rangers, it was their first European campaign in 60-ish years. Alexis's brother Kevin (yep-really) plays for them

statto

Quote from: trailer on September 01, 2023, 01:41:48 PM

He'll push for it. I can't see him staying
Moh what are you doing on the gaaboard?

statto

Why would the Saudi outfit wait to now to place a bid?  They hardly stumbled across this money after selling one of their star home grown players.  I am sure they are aware that the window in England closes today and giving Liverpool little or no time to get a replacement. 

If they had bid in June Liverpool could have taken the cash and maybe pursued Bellingham as well as the other midfielders have got.  While Liverpools refurb of the midfield has left alot to be desired up until this summer, they actually have handled the forward line well getting in Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz, Jota to replace Bobby and Mane.   

statto

Divock is pushing for a move back to EPL  ;D