The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

laoislad

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 19, 2020, 05:22:02 PM
Should be winning this easily.
If Firminos goal wasn't wrongly disallowed I reckon we would have went to town on them afterwards.
These cnuts could sneak a draw now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Need the second goal. Playing well though.

f**k, but DeGea is weak under the high ball for an otherwise excellent keeper.

laoislad

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Get in to f**k.

Only disappointing thing about that is we didnt hammer the cnuts by the 5 or 6 that we should have.

Geoff Tipps

Should have won by more. United have a knack of bringing Liverpool down to their level. Class shone through in the end.

J70

From the Bunker

That was made more enjoyable as Utd could have stole it! Confirming the result with the last kick of the game was sweet!  ;D

9-3-4 to see us over the line!

Gabriel_Hurl

Lovely stuff.

Can't wait for the drunkard to come in later typing through his tears  ;D  ;D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 19, 2020, 06:43:00 PM
Lovely stuff.

Can't wait for the drunkard to come in later typing through his tears  ;D  ;D
He's already at it over on the United thread. Poor fella needs help.

Ambrose

I think its safe to say it now.....

We're almost guaranteed to finish in the top 4 now.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

RedHand88

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 19, 2020, 06:42:32 PM
That was made more enjoyable as Utd could have stole it! Confirming the result with the last kick of the game was sweet!  ;D

9-3-4 to see us over the line!

If liverpool drop points in 7 of the last 16 games I'll eat my hat.

TabClear

Surprising comfortable win. While we should have been 3-4 up by the hour mark except for De Gea and some awful finishing from Mane/Salah, even at 1-0 I was much more confident than in other matches this year when we have held a single goal advantage going into the last 15. Bar Martial's chance which was really well worked they never really looked like creating decent opportunities. VVD was unreal. Never looked flustered and just controlled everything back there. Henderson and Winjandam were excellent as well.

Not sure how VAR overturned the Firminio goal. VVD could not have challenged any better. If the ref had blew the foul I would probably have accepted it given the level of protection keepers get but how it met the "clear and obvious error" threshold for VAR to overturn is a joke. Pity Gini just strayed offside for his disallowed goal as it was a great move.

Carra and Keane were hilarious in the studio afterwards. Keane defending his buddy Ole by having a go a Lampard, the media and anyone else who disagreed with him and Carra's voice getting higher and higher as he argued with him.  ;D ;D

All in all a great weekend for Wolves  ;)

laoislad

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: TabClear on January 20, 2020, 07:34:55 AM
Surprising comfortable win. While we should have been 3-4 up by the hour mark except for De Gea and some awful finishing from Mane/Salah, even at 1-0 I was much more confident than in other matches this year when we have held a single goal advantage going into the last 15. Bar Martial's chance which was really well worked they never really looked like creating decent opportunities. VVD was unreal. Never looked flustered and just controlled everything back there. Henderson and Winjandam were excellent as well.

Not sure how VAR overturned the Firminio goal. VVD could not have challenged any better. If the ref had blew the foul I would probably have accepted it given the level of protection keepers get but how it met the "clear and obvious error" threshold for VAR to overturn is a joke. Pity Gini just strayed offside for his disallowed goal as it was a great move.

Carra and Keane were hilarious in the studio afterwards. Keane defending his buddy Ole by having a go a Lampard, the media and anyone else who disagreed with him and Carra's voice getting higher and higher as he argued with him.  ;D ;D

All in all a great weekend for Wolves  ;)

I think Keane's underling point was that chopping and changing the manager every turnaround isn't the solution.  It hasn't worked for the past few years and Ole needs to be given time to make his mark at United.  His pop at Lampard was that their was direct comparisons are being made of him and Ole and Chelsea aren't exactly setting the premier league on fire also.  I think there was substance to what he was saying. 

On the topic of the match, Liverpool are streets ahead, every player looks comfortable in their role in the team, and they seem to make chances out of nothing. 
VVD will continue to dominate the premier league for years, with a man like him in the backline, Liverpool can feel comfortable pressing high up the pitch. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...