Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 09:13:48 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 09:04:57 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 08:59:31 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 07:54:19 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 07:50:13 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 07:00:11 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 06:43:42 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 06:38:30 PM
Explain where & how in the rules the awarding of a match to another team as a result of a bad decision by a referee can come about?
According to the rules you're not allowed to throw the ball or carry it in to the net but that went out the window today.

Correct but where's the rule to change a result?

I detest straw man arguments.

Louth were cheated.

Well tough, no one's disputing the manner of the defeat, resolving it is a different issue.

You have (indirectly) been advocating doing nothing to resolve it.

What's your resolution give the cup to Louth?

If the game had any integrity that is what would happen.

Precedent 1989 Connacht Minor Final. Roscommon (Cake Curran) scored a goal from the penalty spot that the referee disallowed. Roscommon ignored/didn't notice that the ref had disallowed the goal and were presented with the cup.

After much back room diplomacy (Galway were looking for support in the Tony Keady affair) Galway offered a replay which Roscommon won. No bad taste left for anyone, unlike this situation.

So the game itself lacks integrity because it has no mechanism for altering a result? You know quite well there are good reasons for not revisiting decisions that affect the outcome of a game, this is the same in most sports not just the GAA.

Another man putting words in my mouth.

The game lacks integrity because one the game was won by the awarding of a goal that never happened. I really don't care about the head in the sand 'good reasons', a terrible injustice was inflicted today.

You said the above in the context of the cup being awarded to Louth after the fact. You dont' care about reasons, just give them the cup then & see the consequences further down the line when other contentious situations arise.

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

muppet

Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 09:22:29 PM

You said the above in the context of the cup being awarded to Louth after the fact. You dont' care about reasons, just give them the cup then & see the consequences further down the line when other contentious situations arise.

Can you not just make your own point without trying to put words in my mouth?

If Meath win based on that goal then the game has no integrity. Is it so difficult for you that that is my opinion?

MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Not the way I envisaged us winning a Leinster title.
Felt very bad for the Louth fans around me.
Would have no problem whatsoever with a replay.
The referee rode us all day up until that decision however.
Some of the lads comparing Joe Sheridan to Thierry Henry would want to wise up.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Incidentally, it was never a square ball when Kenny caught it.

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on July 11, 2010, 09:43:30 PM

miss of the centrury Jinxy had sheridan not scored. How did Kenny miss in the first place. It wasn't a square ball on my viewing on it unless the rule includes Sheridan being in there.
However in fairness jinxy sheridan did himself no favours in the aftermath. None.

Celt_Man

Jaysus was on my way to a match earlier on so it was hard to figure out how balant the whole throw ball thing was, only after seeing it there now and holy fook... what a disgrace.

First of those boyos clipping the ref after the game is wrong - I can understand their frustrations but not their actions

The ref was being a little bollox booking boys like mad after the final whistle, he done himself no favours.

Gping on what Peter Fitzpatrick said, can't believe that the ref ran in and told the umpires to put up the flag.  Some pig headed stunt not consulting with them.

As regards Sheridan, the best thing he could have done was say nothing and don't do any interviews
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: INDIANA on July 11, 2010, 09:46:09 PM

miss of the centrury Jinxy had sheridan not scored. How did Kenny miss in the first place. It wasn't a square ball on my viewing on it unless the rule includes Sheridan being in there.

Huh?  ??? How can a player facing the ball the whole time, back into the square and receive the ball coming directly towards him while entering the square after the ball? Short of it being a very straight up and down kick which it wasn't...

Square ball all the way for me.

Jinxy

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on July 11, 2010, 10:12:46 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 11, 2010, 09:46:09 PM

Huh?  ??? How can a player facing the ball the whole time, back into the square and receive the ball coming directly towards him while entering the square after the ball? Short of it being a very straight up and down kick which it wasn't...

Square ball all the way for me.

He started his run outside the square.

Jinxy

Some clown on ResDubs reckons Joe Sheridan should be banned for life!  :D
They're all coming out of the woodwork.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on July 11, 2010, 10:41:37 PM

We are still at the 'disgraceful' phase.

Its isn't over until after the 'Will some one think of the children?' phase and I haven't seen that yet.
MWWSI 2017

Mac2

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 09:35:58 PM

If Meath win based on that goal then the game has no integrity. Is it so difficult for you that that is my opinion?

Exactly how I am trying to put words in your mouth? I asked you what should happen now, should the cup be given to Louth, you said yes. So where's the mechanism for doing this or are you just content to keep moralising about integrity.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 10:44:00 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 09:35:58 PM

Exactly how I am trying to put words in your mouth? I asked you what should happen now, should the cup be given to Louth, you said yes. So where's the mechanism for doing this or are you just content to keep moralising about integrity.

The referee's report decides everything, he can amend it to say that he incorrectly awarded a goal and Louth should be deemed winners, simple as that

Rule 6.41, Official Guide - Award/Facts of Game

The Award of a Game rests with the Committee or Council-in-Charge acting on the Referee's Report.

Rule 7.3(aa)(1)(vi)

A Referee's Report, including any Clarification thereto, shall be presumed to be correct in all factual matters and may only be rebutted where unedited video or other compelling evidence contradicts it.
#newbridgeornowhere

tyroneboi

Jinxy

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 10:43:16 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 11, 2010, 10:41:37 PM

We are still at the 'disgraceful' phase.

Its isn't over until after the 'Will some one think of the children?' phase and I haven't seen that yet.

Just wait for Liveline tomorrow.