Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: AFS on April 08, 2009, 04:34:25 PM
Quote from: A Daintier Hero on April 08, 2009, 04:28:52 PM
Because there are more games.

I think average attendances is undoubtedly the fairest and most accurate way of determining which is better attended.

Well yeah it probably is. My choice of wording wasn't great, but the point I was trying to prove in that post was that the EPL is a better vehicle for sustaining his profile. I think the fact that it has more people through it's gates than any other league in the world goes some way to doing this.

I think continental players would view European football and lot differently than us exposed to th Premiership.

In the likes of Italy, Speain etc, etc the CL is the biggest trophy you can win.

In England we see that sometimes the PL is bigger.

Ronaldo I think would just love to play for Madrid and become the biggest Galatico they have signed. I also think he would like the notion of a team being completly and utterly built around him as would be the case in Madrid. He would probably get the captiancy straight away with Cannavaro and Raul on their way out.

ExiledGael

Quote from: corn02 on April 08, 2009, 04:42:03 PM
Quote from: AFS on April 08, 2009, 04:34:25 PM
Quote from: A Daintier Hero on April 08, 2009, 04:28:52 PM
Because there are more games.

I think average attendances is undoubtedly the fairest and most accurate way of determining which is better attended.

Well yeah it probably is. My choice of wording wasn't great, but the point I was trying to prove in that post was that the EPL is a better vehicle for sustaining his profile. I think the fact that it has more people through it's gates than any other league in the world goes some way to doing this.

I think continental players would view European football and lot differently than us exposed to th Premiership.

In the likes of Italy, Speain etc, etc the CL is the biggest trophy you can win.

In England we see that sometimes the PL is bigger.

Ronaldo I think would just love to play for Madrid and become the biggest Galatico they have signed. I also think he would like the notion of a team being completly and utterly built around him as would be the case in Madrid. He would probably get the captiancy straight away with Cannavaro and Raul on their way out.

Whatever else, the captaincy issue is nonsense. Absolutley no chance, maybe of him ever being captain anywhere. Just not captain material, certainly not at Madrid with homegrown players like Cassillas there. I know they're the Newcastle of Europe but I can't see that at all.

gawa316

Quote from: ExiledGael on April 08, 2009, 06:47:54 PM

Whatever else, the captaincy issue is nonsense. Absolutley no chance, maybe of him ever being captain anywhere. Just not captain material, certainly not at Madrid with homegrown players like Cassillas there. I know they're the Newcastle of Europe but I can't see that at all.

Might be wrong but thought I heard he was captain of Portugal. Couldn't think of anyone worse to be honest

AFS

Quote from: gawa316 on April 08, 2009, 06:50:59 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on April 08, 2009, 06:47:54 PM

Might be wrong but thought I heard he was captain of Portugal. Couldn't think of anyone worse to be honest

Nani...

The Corporal

Hopefully some team out there will take Nani off our hands in the summer, he is brutal

full back

Nani is just like Ronaldo..............................without the assists & goals

mrsandman

Quote from: full back on April 09, 2009, 08:10:43 AM
Nani is just like Ronaldo..............................without the assists & goals

Great left foot, and an excellent celebration...Ronaldo without as much sulking id say, and as many goals/assists
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

new devil

Are you saying he has as many goals and assists as ronaldo ???

under the bar

QuoteA Harvard University study found that there are 287 million people in the world with an interest in Madrid - according to the study that is higher than United.

That's indisputable then!  ::)

full back

new devil

No FB mrsandman....you know i would never question you  ;)

nrico2006

Ronaldo is a great player, but I would have Kaka, Ribery or Messi in the team before him any day.  More influence on a game.  Ronaldo simply loses the ball too often, doesn't attempt to track back and is constantly moaning when fairly tackled.  Rooney has replaced him as United most important player.  If Madrid were to offer United £70 million then United should take it.  

As for richest club, I think there are other factors that come into play.  Was it not only a few years ago that Madrid were in serious debt and the Spanish government controverially bought land of them>

Quotehttp://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/eu-investigates-real-madrid-property-deal-572010.html
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Goats Do Shave

I'd be tempted to let Ronaldo lead the line up front. He's stronger & better in the air than any of the players you mention.

I think it would be his natural position.

full back

Good lad new devil  :D

Kaka & Messi are head and shoulders above anyone else in the world IMHO
Would have Ronaldo before Ribery

new devil

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on April 09, 2009, 10:09:18 AM
I'd be tempted to let Ronaldo lead the line up front. He's stronger & better in the air than any of the players you mention.

I think it would be his natural position.

Ive been saying the same thing this last 2 years...him and rooney up front with tevez for cover..show berv the door...buy a world class midfielder and winger and a right back and we will be on top for another 4/5 years with that team