R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

And now for Tyrone. ... Our physical conditioning looked poor compared to the opposition.  We lost out all over the field in the battles. Perhaps it was the row at the start but we had many headless chickens in defence for most of the first half. Our midfield was shambolic not helped by many poor kick outs and the ball into the forward line was terrible. That was today and there needs to be a root and branch look at what we are doing in Tyrone football who is managing and coaching at all levels right down to the type of footballers we are putting through so called development squads. It needs to be on the level done post 96.
Finally if this is the final game for some of the greatest legends to manage or play for Tyrone then our appreciation  for their efforts is very important here.  They have been our greatest and what a ride we all had.
The era is over and Tyrone are most definitely another 5 or 6 years away from challenging again.  The players aren't there.

TF15

Honestly knew this team wasn't great but our next crop of lads aren't good enough or near it. Old guard kept the thing respectable. Mickey should probably move on but to be honest the quality isn't there. It shows how far we have fallen that - no offence intended - this Armagh side comfortably beat us. Getting sick of these young lads getting chance after chance and putting in nothing performances. Gormley came on and within 2 minutes a man hanging of him got a elbow thrown back while he was on the ball putting the fella down. That mentality not to be bullied isn't in these lads. They all put in serious training and give up so much for our enjoyment but I think too many really are too happy to be county players and have not a hint of nastiness. Fcuk that! It's about winning. Who isn't on the panel that would make that big a difference? That's the scary thing for me. Conor McKenna going to Oz is a nightmare too if he stays out there. He's the only real top drawer player I see coming through and could be with Donnelly and Harte our driving force in the next 5 years. Well done to Armagh. Enjoy it as you've had to put up with many bad days of late!

I agree on the ref. Worst display of inconsistency I have seen in quite some time. Why bother getting annoyed, it'll never change.

tyroneman

Ah jAysus that was disappointing on so many levels.

The same tactics fom 09-14. The same results. Nada.

I use the word 'tactics' loosely as all we seem to do is run into trouble, turn and pass back then repeat until ball is lost. Occasionally, as a nod to variety, we pump aimless ball into the corners. That's it.

As has been mentioned already it is the old dogs that bring any sort of passion. Mattie D is the only newcomer who shows any heart and without him we were in big diffs.

Penrose pulling out of that 80/20 ball (in his favour) near the end was shamefull. He offers little to the team anymore and while you can forgive a bad day at the office but not a lack of courage.

It's impossible though for a team (and units in that team) to get any cohesion when there is so much chopping and changing. Coney gets no time against Louth yet starts at CHF today. Shea plays fairly well and is dropped. A team needs the to gel. It needs consistency. Players need to know each other react in game situations. To understand each other's runs and moves they have to play together.

This whole playing people out of position is also getting unreal. McKenna and mcGinley are so far from being wing forwards it's laughable.

Armagh.
Jeepers.

How Armagh couldn't put away 14 men with more ease was unreal.With an extra man against a disjointed Tyrone team they were playing 2 sweepers at times for goodness sake.

Good luck to them in the next round.

I'm not sure where we go from here.

bigpaul

Tyrone are shaping up into a good Mc Kenna Cup team 8)!

BennyHarp

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I couldn't get over for the game today so I'm not able to comment on today's display. However, I would agree with most that it's probably time for a change but ffs there's some Tyrone lads who actually seem smug that we got beat so they could race on here to slag Mickey off and tell us that they told us so. I've been following Tyrone long enough to know that there were days like this before Mickey came along and we were spoiled for many years. It's hardly surprising that Mickey has many supporters in the county who remember those good days and were prepared to give him a benefit of the doubt that may not have been afforded to others. Yes, it's probably time to go, but let's not hang the man out to dry by having an open season on his reputation. Remember what he has bought to the county during the glory years (not just the past few years) and give him the respect he deserves over the next few days. Fair play to Armagh, sounds like they had their homework done and best of luck to them for the rest of the qualifiers.
That was never a square ball!!

Zip Code

Quote from: rrhf on July 13, 2014, 06:45:25 PM
Well done Armagh.  Shocking lack of faith and belief by their supporters on here in their management and footballers before the game now every Armagh supporter on here must mix their joy with humble pie. You have lads putting in honest effort from management through to players now support them properly stop bitching like a pile of women and get behind them. I for one will be wishing them further success as they were the superior team on the day.

The only one's needing to eat humble pie are the Tyronies. I knew we would beat Tyrone ;) , and should have had them out of sight by half time.  ;D

T Fearon

Great win but very laboured. 17 wides and two gilt edged goal chances missed and you could never get rid of the fear of a repeat of 97 and Tyrone stealing victory at the end in a match dominated by Armagh.More emphasis needed on fforward play and scoring.On plus side we have unearthed some very good players in Findon, Shields Harold etc and Campbell and Dyas improving rapidly.

tyroneman

Quote from: Zip Code on July 13, 2014, 07:34:39 PM
Well done Armagh.  Shocking lack of faith and belief by their supporters on here in their management and footballers before the game now every Armagh supporter on here must mix their joy with humble pie. You have lads putting in honest effort from management through to players now support them properly stop bitching like a pile of women and get behind them. I for one will be wishing them further success as they were the superior team on the day.

The only one's needing to eat humble pie are the Tyronies. I knew we would beat Tyrone ;) , and should have had them out of sight by half time.  ;D

Amazing hubris from a support whose team have been nowhere near the top table for almost a decade.

Any team that hasn't the courage to press on and put a disjointed 14 man team to the sword needs to ask itself questions. Playing 2 sweepers in the second half ffs   ::)

and still only a kick of a ball in it.

Zip Code

Quote from: tyroneman on July 13, 2014, 07:45:52 PM

Amazing hubris from a support whose team have been nowhere near the top table for almost a decade.

Any team that hasn't the courage to press on and put a disjointed 14 man team to the sword needs to ask itself questions. Playing 2 sweepers in the second half ffs   ::)

Any division 1 team who has been at the top table for so long and can't beat a poor division 3 team has more questions to ask than Armagh.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tyroneman

Quote from: Zip Code on July 13, 2014, 07:49:22 PM

Any team that hasn't the courage to press on and put a disjointed 14 man team to the sword needs to ask itself questions. Playing 2 sweepers in the second half ffs   ::)

Any division 1 team who has been at the top table for so long and can't beat a poor division 3 team has more questions to ask than Armagh.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

As I said...the hubris is unreal.

general_lee

My favourite type of Tyrone fan after getting bate: "Yeah, Armagh are still shite"

Agent Orange

Quote from: general_lee on July 13, 2014, 08:03:36 PM
My favourite type of Tyrone fan after getting bate: "Yeah, Armagh are still shite"

I prefer the ones that blame the ref ;)

5 Sams

Puts it into perspective now. A poor Down team should have beaten Tyrone in Omagh. Shows how good they are. Doesn't tell us how good Our Ma are though. Next round will tell. ::)
The Aristocrat Years

Zip Code

Quote from: tyroneman on July 13, 2014, 08:01:40 PM
Quote from: Zip Code on July 13, 2014, 07:49:22 PM

As I said...the hubris is unreal.

You need the kleenex, dry them ffs.  ;D

Wildweasel74

Just hope Armagh go on and do themselves justice, no point doing what Longford did, beat Derry then get trimmed next day out. If they keep there Heads right they could get to the last 8