Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty4Sam

Staying in Ireland now I hear. Could be an interesting Easter coming up, CPA have the perfect opportunity here to lay down a marker but as far as I'm aware not much movement from them.

the goal was on

There was obviously never any palns for a training camp but someone has pushed this on to the agenda, either players or management. Does'nt say much for the planning process from county team management or county board. They should have told them they can go during the 13 days prior to Derry or have highlighted this wish at start of year. Serious costs too I imagine involved and who is footing the bill for the mma wrestling in ballybofey. 5000 fine i believe they have been santioned with. It will be left to clubs and sponsors to foot this again while palyers are away sunning themselves!.

Oghams Law

Dont think the Omagh boys wana go back go Ardboe full stop, thats the real problem here..

longballin

Quote from: Oghams Law on April 13, 2017, 11:48:09 AM
Dont think the Omagh boys wana go back go Ardboe full stop, thats the real problem here..

That may be true about Omagh but greater problem is how Tyrone GAA break rules and walk all over the clubs. Needs to be stopped for once and for all

tiempo

Quote from: longballin on April 13, 2017, 11:49:32 AM

That may be true about Omagh but greater problem is how Tyrone GAA break rules and walk all over the clubs. Needs to be stopped for once and for all

Can a single officer not put a stop to this? Get someone in who will front up on behalf of the clubs. There are 12 people on the CCC, is it the chair, secretary or adult fixtures co-ordinator who is breaking the rules here? Either way players need to get militant with the CB. Now there is no way clubs or supporters are going to boycott Championship, having waited all year you just want to get down to business, but players should align themselves to call a halt to unreasonable fixtures during holidays and short notice fixture setting. It is also in rule that 5 days notice must be given ahead of any game, is that being followed?

The players have the power here, they just don't know it. The playersdon't want committee type hassle when focusing on their preparation for games as you only get a short enough time to play, but they could pull together now and get this sorted.

Ty4Sam

Quote from: tiempo on April 13, 2017, 12:13:09 PM

Can a single officer not put a stop to this? Get someone in who will front up on behalf of the clubs. There are 12 people on the CCC, is it the chair, secretary or adult fixtures co-ordinator who is breaking the rules here? Either way players need to get militant with the CB. Now there is no way clubs or supporters are going to boycott Championship, having waited all year you just want to get down to business, but players should align themselves to call a halt to unreasonable fixtures during holidays and short notice fixture setting. It is also in rule that 5 days notice must be given ahead of any game, is that being followed?

The players have the power here, they just don't know it. The playersdon't want committee type hassle when focusing on their preparation for games as you only get a short enough time to play, but they could pull together now and get this sorted.

Not necessarily true, GAA guidelines state 5 days for championship games, nothing about league games, it seems its left to County boards bye-laws for each individual county. Dublin, for example, states 5 days notice for a league game in their bye laws. Tyrone?? States that there must be a 'reasonable' notice given? I mean, what is or isn't reasonable?

tothetop03

Quote from: Ty4Sam on April 13, 2017, 12:24:52 PM
Quote from: tiempo on April 13, 2017, 12:13:09 PM

Not necessarily true, GAA guidelines state 5 days for championship games, nothing about league games, it seems its left to County boards bye-laws for each individual county. Dublin, for example, states 5 days notice for a league game in their bye laws. Tyrone?? States that there must be a 'reasonable' notice given? I mean, what is or isn't reasonable?

Tyrone made their own bye laws to suit certain situations on fixtures/notification to suit County Management Teams calling matches of when it suited 100% percent of the time WE THE CLUB will suffer.... i know scores of people fed up with the whole thing...

WT4E

I'm not the biggest fan of the county board but is this not a bit an over reaction - If they get the amount of games played that they say will between now and August it will be a credit to them.

ON THE HILL

All this talk..just do something about it...dont play the games ..then see what happens...its obvious who calls the shots in the county..few people running scared..afraid to take a a stand

tothetop03

Quote from: WT4E on April 13, 2017, 04:35:06 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of the county board but is this not a bit an over reaction - If they get the amount of games played that they say will between now and August it will be a credit to them.

We go to Killyclogher we have 3 players working in Belfast 2 off quit work at half Five and cannot get it changed the other can use flexi-time... so if you think it all is an over reaction so be it.... i am for one is completely  sick to the back teeth of the County Board and County Management set ups tramping through clubs like they do not exist.....

Tyrone Gaa

Can see both sides of the coin with this one.  I think mid week games are great, frees up the odd weekend but they are something that can and should be planned for.  If Omagh were playing Killyclogher would we see this uproar??  Possibly not.  It is somewhat unfair to expect a team to travel across county to play a game on Thursday night.

Personally id like to see more mid week fixtures with a wee bit of common sense from the CB it could be very successful
Living the dream!!!

ON THE HILL

Quote from: tothetop03 on April 13, 2017, 04:40:35 PM

We go to Killyclogher we have 3 players working in Belfast 2 off quit work at half Five and cannot get it changed the other can use flexi-time... so if you think it all is an over reaction so be it.... i am for one is completely  sick to the back teeth of the County Board and County Management set ups tramping through clubs like they do not exist.....
agree with this people have plans made..feel for the reserve player going to play a stand alone game on the sunday...treatment of club players is a disgrace

Christmas Lights

Quote from: ON THE HILL on April 13, 2017, 04:43:06 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on April 13, 2017, 04:40:35 PM

agree with this people have plans made..feel for the reserve player going to play a stand alone game on the sunday...treatment of club players is a disgrace

Check out the reserve here lads looolllll

Tyrone95

Coalisland   v   Omagh
An Charraig Mhor   v   Killyclogher
Edendork   v   Pomeroy
Trillick   v   Strabane
Donaghmore   v   Dromore
Errigal Ciaran   v   Urney
Ardboe   v   Galbally
Greencastle   v   Clonoe

Thoughts?

LeoMc