Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tothetop03

Was at our game yesterday..Donaghmore fully deserving their win... we had plenty of possession but could not turn it into scores...we may have this problem until we have Danny,Magee ,Elliot and Ryan t back on the field...(and skeet obviously not for a while)  Donaghmore where flying fit and have a Young eager team,Our fitness was well of the pace but will improve.....Stevie McNulty will be a massive loss going forward he has no luck at all...but it is what is massive improvement required next week.. Good to have Colly Doris back thought he has a long way to go to get up too match pace but games will help... Unfortunately we may not be the team we once where...

Gaafan2

Quote from: The Golden Years on April 10, 2017, 09:55:23 AM
Quote from: Tyroneforsam on April 09, 2017, 08:10:48 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 09, 2017, 08:02:41 PM
Good start for donaghmore. Not a bad time to get clonoe with them trying to peak for later in year and missing players. Thought pomeroy might have got the result v carrickmore. Are the games all next Saturday again then none on the tuesDay?

Carmen just about deserved the win today. Pomeroy had plenty of chances and had they taken them we would have won it. Carmens experience and knowhow won it for them.

I think we more than deserved the win yesterday.  Two one on one chances with the goalkeeper missed as well as some poor shooting cost us what would have been a more comfortable victory.  Very disappointed with pomeroys approach to the game.  Maybe it was last years managements influence on the team but the way they were setup was extra defensive.  14 men inside their 45 on a regular basis.  Hopefully not many other teams set up this way otherwise club football will become as bad to watch as county football.  Wouldn't like to paying into watch Pomeroy every week.

You'll find Pomeroy missed just as many chances as Carmen if not more, including two goal opportunities. I agree, we seem to be set up very defensive but anybody in the county knows that's not the way Pomeroy would play football. Carmen were actually set up the same way, leaving mark Donnelly up top on his own. I hope the management opts to play a more attacking brand of football as had we have yesterday I think we could have got a result!

Tyrone95

To be fair carmen got a lot of men behind the ball too when the game was in the mixer, can see this being a regular occurrence with most teams in the county this year..Was impressed with our breakdown in defence and pace on the counter attack, something thats been missing this past few years..Hopefully a sign of things to come

redhandofgod

Carmen never looked like losing against pomeroy, however Pomeroy missed a gilt edge goal chance when the score was 4-3. Pomeroys keeper also hit 3 poor kick outs in a row in the second half and Carmen scored from all 3 of these. In fairness to their keeper he made 2 brilliant saves too. Was surprised how defensive pomeroy were especially with the wind in the first half.

The Trap

Looking through the results I noticed that Errigal Ciaran fielded 4 teams over the weekend ( I know they have been doing this for a good while) and that they won narrowly at Senior, convincingly at reserve and the seconds put it up to one of the top teams in Division 3 at both senior and reserve. That takes some doing and especially at a time when lots of players work away from home and other clubs are struggling for numbers.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyrone95 on April 10, 2017, 10:27:51 AM
To be fair carmen got a lot of men behind the ball too when the game was in the mixer, can see this being a regular occurrence with most teams in the county this year..Was impressed with our breakdown in defence and pace on the counter attack, something thats been missing this past few years..Hopefully a sign of things to come

Carrickmore were not set up defensively.  Men might have dropped back which is their nature when a game can be become tight towards the end.  Numerous times when carrickmore more had the ball in their own defence Pomeroy players turned their back to the ball and ran straight back to their 45 to form a wall.  This was orchestrated on the Field by Kieran McGeary who was telling men where to stand and when to tackle.  As a spectacle it was poor dirt to watch and for someone to come here to say thats not the way Pomeroy play football is kidding themselves. I am also at a loss as to where these 2 goal scoring opportunities happened? Carmens keeper hadn't a difficult save to make, unless i was watching a different game.

Gaafan2

Quote from: The Golden Years on April 10, 2017, 11:39:59 AM

Carrickmore were not set up defensively.  Men might have dropped back which is their nature when a game can be become tight towards the end.  Numerous times when carrickmore more had the ball in their own defence Pomeroy players turned their back to the ball and ran straight back to their 45 to form a wall.  This was orchestrated on the Field by Kieran McGeary who was telling men where to stand and when to tackle.  As a spectacle it was poor dirt to watch and for someone to come here to say thats not the way Pomeroy play football is kidding themselves. I am also at a loss as to where these 2 goal scoring opportunities happened? Carmens keeper hadn't a difficult save to make, unless i was watching a different game.

Did you even watch the game man, just before half time our corner forward missed with a punched effort at goal from 6 yards with only the keeper to beat but palmed it straight to him. Had he known he had time to catch the ball and bury it. Frank Burns also blazed narrowly wide in the first half. At least I can admit we were set up defensively but I can assure you that's not the system the players want to be playing and haven't played in previous years. Carmen set up in the same fashion as a previous Carmen poster stated and had two sweepers at all times!

omagh_gael

Good win for the Lough yesterday over Stewartstown. We're missing 5 minors who are with Tyrone until they're put out, great to have the county representation but missed big time by the club!

Tyrone95

Is there any official confirmation on fixture schedule for next week? Tyrone gaa have Easter saturday and the following sunday outlined on the website..No word of Tuesday/thursday fixtures

Tyrone Gaa

All fixtures are with clubs today for Saturday and if there's county involvement Thursday 20th
Living the dream!!!

The Golden Years

Quote from: gaafan2 on April 10, 2017, 11:57:01 AM

Did you even watch the game man, just before half time our corner forward missed with a punched effort at goal from 6 yards with only the keeper to beat but palmed it straight to him. Had he known he had time to catch the ball and bury it. Frank Burns also blazed narrowly wide in the first half. At least I can admit we were set up defensively but I can assure you that's not the system the players want to be playing and haven't played in previous years. Carmen set up in the same fashion as a previous Carmen poster stated and had two sweepers at all times!

I can mind Burns effort alright but the other must have been that good that i have forgot it.  I would like to know who the Carrickmore sweepers were yesterday you mention? We had our half backs sitting back around our half back line because the men they were marking were playing inside there own 45m line.  What would the point be following them up there to overcrowd what already was a heavy congested area. None of our forwards or midfielders played as sweepers. I have also no doubt that the pomeroy players want to play like that as what player would.  Thankfully i quit playing long before these defensive systems where introduced.  I am sure they are taking the enjoyment out of the game for the players and they are certainly ruining the game as a spectacle.

The Golden Years

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 10, 2017, 12:24:33 PM
Good win for the Lough yesterday over Stewartstown. We're missing 5 minors who are with Tyrone until they're put out, great to have the county representation but missed big time by the club!

Will the 5 minors be starting on the Lough team once their involvement with the Tyrone Minors is over?

Wee Roddy

The stats do not lie as they say. Carrickmore missed two one on ones and two other attempted shot at goal went over the bar. 15 wides to 7 is a fair indication of what way the game went. Pomeroy are a very decent side who certainly wont be bullied. I would have been happy enough with Carrickmore performance yesterday. There looks to have been a lot of work defensively and with Colm McGurk and Benny McLaughlin to come back in we would have reason to believe we will see progress which is all that can be expected at the moment.

omagh_gael

Quote from: The Golden Years on April 10, 2017, 01:20:12 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on April 10, 2017, 12:24:33 PM

Will the 5 minors be starting on the Lough team once their involvement with the Tyrone Minors is over?

Wouldn't think they'd all start but I'd say 3/4 out of the 5 would. Nearly certain Antoin Fox has at least two years of minor left. Not 100% on the other lads.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Wee Roddy on April 10, 2017, 01:21:21 PM

The stats do not lie as they say. Carrickmore missed two one on ones and two other attempted shot at goal went over the bar. 15 wides to 7 is a fair indication of what way the game went. Pomeroy are a very decent side who certainly wont be bullied. I would have been happy enough with Carrickmore performance yesterday. There looks to have been a lot of work defensively and with Colm McGurk and Benny McLaughlin to come back in we would have reason to believe we will see progress which is all that can be expected at the moment.

Ah come on, you weren't watching the same game as me. As a previous poster confirmed, we missed a 'gilt edge goal chance' just before half time as well as franks opportunity. As for the 15 wide's, where did you get that figure out of, 7/8 at most I'd guess.