Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radioulster

What happened to Pat McNabb in Coalisland  ??? he must be doing something right to take the reins of another senior club. On Carmen you can see why no local would want it, they are a proud club and expectations are very high. A local not doing well can provoke splits in a club, whilst with an outside manager the blame can be laid squarely on their door which is why I feel so many clubs are continuing to go for outsiders.

Norf Tyrone

Palor McNulty is the new man at the Castlederg helm, while our good selfs have named Maxi Curren as manager.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

aroundincircles

Richard Thornton in the running to be new fainna manager. looks like him and his background team or damien ohagan and peter herron.

tyrone86

3 McKenna Cup games on and I'd say Harte has learnt plenty for this time of year.

With regards to the newcomers, Cassidy has certainly done enough between the Down and Monaghan games to merit selection to the National league panel, as have McAnulla and Devlin. After a stinker against Danny Hughes last week, Swift has played himself back into contention with 2 good performances. As for the rest of the newcomers, none really gave you an impression that they had something extra to offer as opposed to the guys that are already there and its hard to see any of the rest of them making it.

There are a couple or three lads that should be given the gold watch on the basis of their McKenna Cup performances, but given Harte's loyalty to his players - its unlikely.

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on January 18, 2009, 06:26:39 PM
3 McKenna Cup games on and I'd say Harte has learnt plenty for this time of year.

With regards to the newcomers, Cassidy has certainly done enough between the Down and Monaghan games to merit selection to the National league panel, as have McAnulla and Devlin. After a stinker against Danny Hughes last week, Swift has played himself back into contention with 2 good performances. As for the rest of the newcomers, none really gave you an impression that they had something extra to offer as opposed to the guys that are already there and its hard to see any of the rest of them making it.

There are a couple or three lads that should be given the gold watch on the basis of their McKenna Cup performances, but given Harte's loyalty to his players - its unlikely.

Like who or would you rather not say ?

I'd agree with you by the way.

tyrone86

If we're limiting the panel to 30 (allowing for the injuries to Dooher, Brian McGuigan, McCaul and McConnell)

Devine, Curran
Ricey, Gormley, Jordan, Davy, Joey, Justin, Swift, McGee, Quinn, Gourley, McCarron, Sean O'Neill (St Mary's)
McGinley, Cassidy, Holmes, Hub
Sean, Stevie, Tommy, Penrose, McCullagh, Mugsy, Devlin, McAnulla, Mulgrew, Snowy, Colm Cav and to be controversial Ciaran Donnelly.

Final Whistle

lol. Clarke will fit in well.

Ask the armagh posters, Clarke does not hold back and once got a suspension for 2 years following incidents in abbey park!!

Wee Roddy

Good man Final Whistle >:(.  Carrickmore have has 1 straight red card in a 2 year period which has saw them being beat 3 times in 46 games. Its hardly the stuff of a team with a discipline problem.

maco

Does anyone have a rough idea of when club league fixtures are published and championship draws are made?

bennydorano

Very suprised to hear Clarke getting the Carrickmore job, but best of luck to him.  He reached the last 2 Armagh county finals in a row with the Ogs mainly because they avoided playing any of the traditional big teams in Armagh for 2 years running.  Having said that if the Ogs had a decent MF they could probably have taken Cross.

Final Whistle

Quote from: Wee Roddy on January 19, 2009, 09:09:14 AM
Good man Final Whistle >:(.  Carrickmore have has 1 straight red card in a 2 year period which has saw them being beat 3 times in 46 games. Its hardly the stuff of a team with a discipline problem.

Roddy i didnt mention a discipline problem................but now that you mention it!

Wee Roddy

Explain what you meant then by saying he should fit right in? There is no discipline problem in Carrickmore I can tell you.

Final Whistle

On the contrary, I would not hint at any club having a disciplinary problem when our own is atrocious, albeit our misdemeanours are usually double yellowed offences.

I was hinting that Clarke would fit in well with the (admirable) win at all costs mantra of the carmen. ;)

clarshack

Quote from: tyrone86 on January 19, 2009, 01:15:48 AM
If we're limiting the panel to 30 (allowing for the injuries to Dooher, Brian McGuigan, McCaul and McConnell)

Devine, Curran
Ricey, Gormley, Jordan, Davy, Joey, Justin, Swift, McGee, Quinn, Gourley, McCarron, Sean O'Neill (St Mary's)
McGinley, Cassidy, Holmes, Hub
Sean, Stevie, Tommy, Penrose, McCullagh, Mugsy, Devlin, McAnulla, Mulgrew, Snowy, Colm Cav and to be controversial Ciaran Donnelly.

is the NFL panel reduced to 24 for match days only or is it for both training and match days?

tieroan

McCarron is off the panel as far as I know.