AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2015, 06:31:40 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on September 03, 2015, 06:14:36 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2015, 05:35:52 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 03, 2015, 05:02:47 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2015, 04:43:03 PM
Ridiculous hubris from Mayo supporters considering that your team only scraped a draw last Sunday after being dead and almost buried until injury time. It will be one hell of a let down for you all if you don't win on Saturday.

Ah in fairness it is just a mirror image of the Dublin hubris. Both counties fancy their chances. Dublin being talked up all year i suppose find it strange for the opposition not to be talking about how low the score can be kept when facing them. It's only natural that Dublin fans are offended when a county like Mayo who were suppose to be goners this year (a bit like Donegal last year) are talking the talk. But it's only talk. No harm to shout for your own. So long as it does not belittle your opponent or disrespect them.

It's been a tough week (still looking for tickets). I'm not always this grumpy.  ;)

Hope you get sorted okay for tickets Hill 16 , and enjoy the match (but not too much )!!!
Sure the trawl thiis week for tickets will stand to you for the scramble that surely will follow if you win on Sat!!!!

Maith an fear  ;)

A hill ticket has come through so I'm fixed.  :D

Hopefully everyone will stay safe tomorrow - on and off the pitch

COYBIB

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Aristocrat

Lads, I know I know , last post on this , but just want to say best of luck to the Mayo lads on here tomorrow, should be a good one and enjoy the match .

stew

Quote from: Rossfan on September 04, 2015, 05:45:28 PM
Dublin by 7 I suspect

Dublin will resort to Tyrone tactics, stifle actual footballers and advance easily to the AIF against Kerry. Dublin by 12.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

blanketattack

Quote from: muppet on September 04, 2015, 04:53:18 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 04, 2015, 04:11:43 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on September 04, 2015, 04:05:24 PM
If Mayo lose who would they support in the final?

Dublin

Hmmm. Interesting.
And who would the Rossies and Galway supporters be shouting for in the final if Mayo win tomorrow?

Syferus

Quote from: blanketattack on September 04, 2015, 06:25:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 04, 2015, 04:53:18 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 04, 2015, 04:11:43 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on September 04, 2015, 04:05:24 PM
If Mayo lose who would they support in the final?

Dublin

Hmmm. Interesting.
And who would the Rossies and Galway supporters be shouting for in the final if Mayo win tomorrow?

Why do we have to be shouting? Most Roscommon and Galway supporters are more sophisticated than that.

Crete Boom

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 04, 2015, 05:40:24 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2015, 06:31:40 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on September 03, 2015, 06:14:36 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2015, 05:35:52 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 03, 2015, 05:02:47 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2015, 04:43:03 PM
Ridiculous hubris from Mayo supporters considering that your team only scraped a draw last Sunday after being dead and almost buried until injury time. It will be one hell of a let down for you all if you don't win on Saturday.

Ah in fairness it is just a mirror image of the Dublin hubris. Both counties fancy their chances. Dublin being talked up all year i suppose find it strange for the opposition not to be talking about how low the score can be kept when facing them. It's only natural that Dublin fans are offended when a county like Mayo who were suppose to be goners this year (a bit like Donegal last year) are talking the talk. But it's only talk. No harm to shout for your own. So long as it does not belittle your opponent or disrespect them.

It's been a tough week (still looking for tickets). I'm not always this grumpy.  ;)

Hope you get sorted okay for tickets Hill 16 , and enjoy the match (but not too much )!!!
Sure the trawl thiis week for tickets will stand to you for the scramble that surely will follow if you win on Sat!!!!

Maith an fear  ;)

A hill ticket has come through so I'm fixed.  :D

Hopefully everyone will stay safe tomorrow - on and off the pitch

COYBIB

Great stuff!! It would be sacrilegious if the gave you a ticket anywhere else Hill is Blue!!! Enjoy the match and the pints afterwards!!

High or low it's Willie Joe!!! Hon MAYO ta f**k!!!

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 04, 2015, 05:52:43 PM
Lads, I know I know , last post on this , but just want to say best of luck to the Mayo lads on here tomorrow, should be a good one and enjoy the match .

You too, your Grace. Enjoy the day. It's great to have football in September always.

Rossfan

Quote from: blanketattack on September 04, 2015, 06:25:11 PM

Tipp Minors ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Fair play, I have read this a few times but don't see any Yerra.

Good luck tomorrow and may the best Mayo team win.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on September 04, 2015, 08:00:30 PM

Fair play, I have read this a few times but don't see any Yerra.

Good luck tomorrow and may the best Mayo team win.

Or Mayo-WestRos-Bellaghy team as the case may be.

JoG2

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 04, 2015, 07:22:07 PM

You too, your Grace. Enjoy the day. It's great to have football in September always.

This is it. All joking aside, Dublin and Mayo fans should be like kids on Christmas Eve.  30 other counties would love to be looking forward to a semi (oh sailor!)  maƱana

I cannot wait for it.  Might even have a wee beer

Farrandeelin

Yes, safe travelling to all who are attending. I for one wish I could but sure what can you do. I hope to see an improved Mayo performance and if they perform to their ability what else can you ask? I still have an uncomfortable feeling that Dublin have room to improve as well. May the best team win tomorrow (so long as it's Mayo!)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 04, 2015, 09:28:13 PM
Yes, safe travelling to all who are attending. I for one wish I could but sure what can you do. I hope to see an improved Mayo performance and if they perform to their ability what else can you ask? I still have an uncomfortable feeling that Dublin have room to improve as well. May the best team win tomorrow (so long as it's Mayo!)
Farr, the day you don't have uncomfortable feelings before a Mayo match I'll be turning on Midwest to see if an emergency broadcast system is in place before an impending apocalypse.

Going to be cutting it fine arriving tomorrow, sure when in Rome.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ballinaman on September 04, 2015, 09:45:08 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 04, 2015, 09:28:13 PM
Farr, the day you don't have uncomfortable feelings before a Mayo match I'll be turning on Midwest to see if an emergency broadcast system is in place before an impending apocalypse.

Going to be cutting it fine arriving tomorrow, sure when in Rome.

;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.