AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

We will pick up where we left off the last day and it will be us 5 up after 13 minutes.

It shouldn't surprise me at this stage as to the blinkered analysis of the last game. It's all about the Dubs won't be as bad again, Mayo need to find forwards etc.

People on the radio saying the Dubs were better for 60mins of the game. That's simply incorrect.

We came back from 5 down and from 7 down in that match and we persistently fouled in order for the Dubs to stop us getting goals.

I fancy us to blitz the Dubs early in both half's and rack up a match winning score. Mayo by 3 with us hanging on at the end this time for dear life.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Pub Bore

Dubs for me.  As another poster said the Dubs will have learned more from last week.  Play the football you've played all year and leave the Tyrone tactics to Tyrone.

Dubs by 2

Crete Boom

I think Mayo will perform much the same as they did the last day with maybe a couple of less wides. The thing is will Dublin play as bad in terms of the middle third??

With all the shite talk about the red card and should have been red cards every one has missed the fact that Dublin only created half the amount of scoring chances that they normally do ( I think it was 22 v an ave of 40) , so that is a 64% success rate which is very impressive considering the missed 4 placed balls.Will Mayo restrict them as much the next day? It will be a huge task!!!

I think if Gavin leaves on Dean Rock , who is out on his own ahead of everyone else when it comes to percentage of dead ball scores taken then they will add at least 4 or 5 points to there tally which could be enough to beat us the next day.

On the flip side we could and should start better than the last day where we were sluggish with lazy long balls into O'Shea and just taking 50% ( I think 52% is our season ave) of those scoring chances when we had our purple patch in the game we could be leading the Dubs by 2 or 3 points heading down the home stretch. After the crazy finish to last Sunday's game this might weigh heavy on the Dubs although the are amply equipped up front to chase a game they way we did!!

My feeling is that this could go to extra time if the Dubs struggle in midfield again but if they improve a significant amount in this area it will take an even bigger comeback by Mayo to keep this game in the melting pot. Also if we take advantage of any dominant period we should have during this game then I think we could squeeze home by 2 or 3 points in the end.

The more I think about it they more I think everyone should hunker down and prepare for extra time!!!!

heffo

Quote from: Declan on September 04, 2015, 03:29:26 PM

Everytime I see that clown in the blue paint it boils my blood.

The closest he was ever to a GAA club was when I let him into our car park when the Dubs won in 2013 and they were bringing Sam out and I wouldn't say he was ever at a match before two years ago.

In case anyone is interested, he's also off 'drink and drugs' for two years now.

screenexile

FYI Mayo lads heading up the road Paddy Power have done you a solid here . . .

Pity they didn't have it a few weeks ago for the Tyronies!!!!

Declan

QuoteThe closest he was ever to a GAA club was when I let him into our car park when the Dubs won in 2013 and they were bringing Sam out and I wouldn't say he was ever at a match before two years ago.

Doesn't surprise me

Crete Boom

Quote from: Declan on September 04, 2015, 03:51:25 PM
QuoteThe closest he was ever to a GAA club was when I let him into our car park when the Dubs won in 2013 and they were bringing Sam out and I wouldn't say he was ever at a match before two years ago.

Doesn't surprise me

Every county has a few of them in fairness. THe Dubs are below the average in my experience considering the amount of fans they have going to games.

deiseach

Who among us culchies is going to be the one to break it to the Dubs that we don't all hate them? Hell, plenty of us don't even dislike them.

blanketattack

If Mayo lose who would they support in the final?

Crete Boom

Declan

A small number of additional tickets for the #DublinMayo replay have just gone on sale online only! #GAA @ tickets.ie

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 04, 2015, 03:57:00 PM
Quote from: Declan on September 04, 2015, 03:51:25 PM

Doesn't surprise me

Every county has a few of them in fairness. THe Dubs are below the average in my experience considering the amount of fans they have going to games.

There were two wizened Dubs (probably brothers) in cowboy hats and full regalia in the Upper Hogan in 2013 for the Dublin-Kerry 'Classico'. The world was either ending on they were singing their heads off. Though I suppose that's not much different to any supporters. Something about that accent though.