AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 03, 2015, 05:02:47 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2015, 04:43:03 PM
Ridiculous hubris from Mayo supporters considering that your team only scraped a draw last Sunday after being dead and almost buried until injury time. It will be one hell of a let down for you all if you don't win on Saturday.

Ah in fairness it is just a mirror image of the Dublin hubris. Both counties fancy their chances. Dublin being talked up all year i suppose find it strange for the opposition not to be talking about how low the score can be kept when facing them. It's only natural that Dublin fans are offended when a county like Mayo who were suppose to be goners this year (a bit like Donegal last year) are talking the talk. But it's only talk. No harm to shout for your own. So long as it does not belittle your opponent or disrespect them.

It's been a tough week (still looking for tickets). I'm not always this grumpy.  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Crete Boom

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2015, 05:35:52 PM
Ridiculous hubris from Mayo supporters considering that your team only scraped a draw last Sunday after being dead and almost buried until injury time. It will be one hell of a let down for you all if you don't win on Saturday.

Ah in fairness it is just a mirror image of the Dublin hubris. Both counties fancy their chances. Dublin being talked up all year i suppose find it strange for the opposition not to be talking about how low the score can be kept when facing them. It's only natural that Dublin fans are offended when a county like Mayo who were suppose to be goners this year (a bit like Donegal last year) are talking the talk. But it's only talk. No harm to shout for your own. So long as it does not belittle your opponent or disrespect them.

It's been a tough week (still looking for tickets). I'm not always this grumpy.  ;)

Hope you get sorted okay for tickets Hill 16 , and enjoy the match (but not too much )!!!
Sure the trawl thiis week for tickets will stand to you for the scramble that surely will follow if you win on Sat!!!!

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 03, 2015, 06:14:36 PM

Hope you get sorted okay for tickets Hill 16 , and enjoy the match (but not too much )!!!
Sure the trawl thiis week for tickets will stand to you for the scramble that surely will follow if you win on Sat!!!!

Maith an fear  ;)

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

Looking forward to the game on Saturday. There is more than likely to be a winner. And a loser. It's is important in the spirit of representing your county and the GAA family in general that both sets of fans are graceful and magnanimous in victory or defeat.  I'm not telling anyone not to enjoy their teams triumph, just to be as to show decorum. Anyway Paudi hit the nail on the head here at 6:21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poPfW9mF5fc

macdanger2

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2015, 06:31:40 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on September 03, 2015, 06:14:36 PM

Maith an fear  ;)

Those animals from kerry will have snaffled all the feckin final tickets by now anyway

Farrandeelin

Likewise Dublin to be fair.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Qwerty28

No harm in asking but if anyone has one spare, let me know, based in Dublin but can collect on the day either  ;)

Syferus

Quote from: Qwerty28 on September 03, 2015, 08:06:48 PM
No harm in asking but if anyone has one spare, let me know, based in Dublin but can collect on the day either  ;)

Be careful with the doubled tickets tickets.ie have sent out.

Nihilist

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2015, 08:07:42 PM
Watch the slow motion video.

http://soberpaddy.com/should-dermot-connolly-have-been-sent-off/

Lol - as biased as you can get?

Can he do the same for the other footage of McMahon's dive and headbutt?
And also for Rory's stitches if you don't mind? At this stage it must be up to about 15 ?

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Nihilist on September 03, 2015, 08:29:51 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2015, 08:07:42 PM
Watch the slow motion video.

http://soberpaddy.com/should-dermot-connolly-have-been-sent-off/

Lol - as biased as you can get?

Can he do the same for the other footage of McMahon's dive and headbutt?
And also for Rory's stitches if you don't mind? At this stage it must be up to about 15 ?

He is discussing the Keegan assault, nothing else so quiet down.

Gabriel_Hurl

The Aristocrat

Also you should check out the bloggers backstory, very good, been sober a few years now, was with Dublin as back up to cluxton for a very short period under Gilroy

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 03, 2015, 08:46:15 PM
Also you should check out the bloggers backstory, very good, been sober a few years now, was with Dublin as back up to cluxton for a very short period under Gilroy

Not exactly neutral so...
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!