Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

LMC V Gortin officially called off I see!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

sam03/05

Giving up neutral venue would suggest that Cookstown were not that bothered about going up.
Whoever goes up would be cannon fodder for the rest next season. Be lucky to get 6 points in Div 1
Easier to keep everyone on board when your winning games

Quote from: square_ball on October 30, 2015, 10:51:35 PM
I had heard from a kildress fella that the Cookstown manager was away on holidays tomorrow so kildress agreed to move the match to Friday provided they get home advantage as opposed to a neutral venue and Cookstown agreed to that.

WT4E

I had heard from a kildress fella that the Cookstown manager was away on holidays tomorrow so kildress agreed to move the match to Friday provided they get home advantage as opposed to a neutral venue and Cookstown agreed to that.

That Kildress fella you were talkin to was slightly wrong - cookstown asked for game to be changed alright and they offered to play it in Kildress. Kildress never made any demands they just wanted to accommodate the town. Don't think the venue would have had much influence on the result.

Rumour has it that cookstown felt they would win the game wherever it was played but that didn't happen. Good game of football played in good spirit and the tones are delighted about being the right side of the result!!!

WT4E

Quote from: sam03/05 on October 31, 2015, 08:24:14 AM
Giving up neutral venue would suggest that Cookstown were not that bothered about going up.
Whoever goes up would be cannon fodder for the rest next season. Be lucky to get 6 points in Div 1
Easier to keep everyone on board when your winning games

You could be right about the points but unless you push yourself you'll never improve! The last 15/16 years Kildress have spent vast majority of their time in division 1 and the club crave to get back there so will be putting everything into the Dmore game.

What club are you as matter of interest?

square_ball

Quote from: WT4E on October 31, 2015, 09:21:33 AM

That Kildress fella you were talkin to was slightly wrong - cookstown asked for game to be changed alright and they offered to play it in Kildress. Kildress never made any demands they just wanted to accommodate the town. Don't think the venue would have had much influence on the result.

Rumour has it that cookstown felt they would win the game wherever it was played but that didn't happen. Good game of football played in good spirit and the tones are delighted about being the right side of the result!!!

Right maybe I picked him up wrong. Good win anyway. Seen kildress a few times last year and to be honest wouldnt have picked them to be in the promotion mix up this year. Full credit to Barry Dillon and players of course. 

WT4E

Quote from: square_ball on October 31, 2015, 04:23:50 PM
Quote from: WT4E on October 31, 2015, 09:21:33 AM

Right maybe I picked him up wrong. Good win anyway. Seen kildress a few times last year and to be honest wouldnt have picked them to be in the promotion mix up this year. Full credit to Barry Dillon and players of course.

To be fair to dillon he has done well with the group ans has added to their development with the only blemish on the account being the championship performance - however some of that could be blamed on the antics of tiffy quinn on the line for loughmacrory begging for some of his ex players to be sent off but to be fair to the old kildress management they progressed a team of young lads to a certain extent to. But sure you seem to have no confidence in kildress anyway so it looks like donaghmore will win the next game just like derrylaughan were suppose to beat the tones and then cookstown were suppose to beat them too!!

rrhf

Kildress were very impressive last night. They have a great chance here.

ONeill

It'd be worthwhile to be relegated. Donaghmore staying up means another year of players win just 5 games.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Kinda agree with that.  Very young group but I suppose the best team of the 2 will win on Sunday and will have earned div 1 status.   Any 4 clubs at least from div 1 could be more comfortable in div 2.to me div 1b is the option.

wee scully

1st November, the cranberry sauce on the shelves, turkeys looking nervously at the farmers, a visit to Ulster council behind the clubs and the CCC and with a long trip down through the toll bridge ahead of them in the next few weeks, this has turned out to be a complete disaster of a season which might get even worse.
Tyrone, not for the first time have lost in Armagh and have now decided to bull on and go to Dublin which they are entitled to do. But the end of the season for all the clubs and their players involved in this has been memorable so far.
The Lough have,coincidentally or not, been on the receiving end of another decision in Tyrone. Urney who thought they were safe are now not sure how this is going to pan out. Gortin will be wondering what this was all about as well and Owen Roes suffer collateral damage not knowing how or when this will be resolved. Rock could never have envisaged the fall out from not fielding surely.
CCC could well win technically in Dublin but there are certainly no winners here.
A messy hanlen all round and one that should make the decision makers at least take stock of what they're at.

on the sideline

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on November 01, 2015, 12:08:20 PM
What exactly is this appeal about can anyone care to explain? The ccc have applied the proper regulations and bye law exceptions in this case. It will be Deja-vu for Loughmacrory tripping down to Croke park to lose yet another appeal to their friends in the ccc. The difference being that this playoff scenario will be played to its conclusion. Music to the Rocks ears as they'll have their full complement of men back to fight for survival in December/January.

Yeah I don't understand the appeal either! Shur it's written in the regulations what would happen in that scenario. For what it's worth I think that once the County Board appeal it then the Urney Gortin match will stand, Gortin and Lough will have to play and so on.  Feel sorry for Owen Roes in all this.

It should never have come to this in the first place though.  Like I said here a few weeks ago there has to be more serious consequences for not fielding in the league rather than a £100 fine. This problem wouldn't have happened if there was.

on the sideline

Who is managing Carrickmore? Some win against Dromore!

rrhf

Serious result for Carmen.  Hard luck Dromore and errigal but that sets up a cracker.

bigfrank

Ronan mc guckin has stepped down as manager of errigal after today,won't be outta work long I would say.

rrhf

Expect a call from Ardboe perhaps..