Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Degrassi Hi

ose 14

conor gormley refffed carrickmore the day the question was who manages them.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: on the sideline on November 01, 2015, 12:57:32 PM
Quote from: Degrassi Hi on November 01, 2015, 12:08:20 PM
What exactly is this appeal about can anyone care to explain? The ccc have applied the proper regulations and bye law exceptions in this case. It will be Deja-vu for Loughmacrory tripping down to Croke park to lose yet another appeal to their friends in the ccc. The difference being that this playoff scenario will be played to its conclusion. Music to the Rocks ears as they'll have their full complement of men back to fight for survival in December/January.

Yeah I don't understand the appeal either! Shur it's written in the regulations what would happen in that scenario. For what it's worth I think that once the County Board appeal it then the Urney Gortin match will stand, Gortin and Lough will have to play and so on.  Feel sorry for Owen Roes in all this.

It should never have come to this in the first place though.  Like I said here a few weeks ago there has to be more serious consequences for not fielding in the league rather than a £100 fine. This problem wouldn't have happened if there was.

I believe the appeal in Croke Park is on Wednesday evening.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

parttimeexile

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on November 01, 2015, 12:08:20 PM
What exactly is this appeal about can anyone care to explain? The ccc have applied the proper regulations and bye law exceptions in this case. It will be Deja-vu for Loughmacrory tripping down to Croke park to lose yet another appeal to their friends in the ccc. The difference being that this playoff scenario will be played to its conclusion. Music to the Rocks ears as they'll have their full complement of men back to fight for survival in December/January.

There must be something wrong with the Tyrone County Decision surely if the Ulster Council overturned it!

The Golden Years

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on November 01, 2015, 05:22:06 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on November 01, 2015, 04:35:26 PM
Who is managing Carrickmore? Some win against Dromore!

Conor Gormley

Conor doesnt manage Carrickmore but going by some reports from players he thinks he does at times.  Gavin McElroy and Dermot Loughran are the management.  They were selectors under Enda Gormley and took up the reigns after his departure.

On the game yesterday I was impressed by our display.  Players stood up and were counted especially when we went 5 pts down. This was something that seemed to be missing all year.  We played with an intensity that dromore couldnt handle.  On the other hand though if i was a dromore supporter i would be questioning their tactics.  Played very defensively throughout the game.  Very boring and frustrating to watch. 

Really looking forward to next sunday where hopefully we can built on yesterdays result.  Bring on Clonoe. ;D

50fiftyball

Donaghmore missing N.McKenna & D.McCaul for the Kildress game? With momentum behind them you'd have to fancy the Tones but then again Donaghmore have the experience in recent times in these play offs!

WT4E

Did McKenna or McCaul play against Dungannon?

Uncle Kev

Quote from: In hiding on October 29, 2015, 11:09:26 PM
Quote from: vallankumous on October 29, 2015, 08:48:19 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on October 28, 2015, 04:58:31 PM
Well I would imagine its not much of a rumour/secret seeing as how Brian Mc Guigan wrote about it in gaelic life last week stating he was on a committee set up to find a new one

He should give it a go himself. It'll stand to him in the future as a pundit if nothing else......wear the jersey and all that.
He should be a player manager.
That would make him a player manager referee  :D
(Only joking Brian...   except I'm not)

Wee Brian has been managing Ardboe thas 6-7 years only difference now he's looking paid

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: WT4E on November 02, 2015, 10:20:38 AM
Did McKenna or McCaul play against Dungannon?

McKenna didn't. think Mc Caul did play full back.
Living the dream!!!

Mikhailov

Quote from: 50fiftyball on November 02, 2015, 10:04:30 AM
Donaghmore missing N.McKenna & D.McCaul for the Kildress game? With momentum behind them you'd have to fancy the Tones but then again Donaghmore have the experience in recent times in these play offs!

Never heard Donaghmore were missing McCaul but heard McKenna has missed last 4 or 5 games. Kildress were impressive v the rocks on Friday night - good mixture of youth and experience and this will be a tight game. Not sure about the comment regarding Donaghmore and previous play off experience as they haven't been in any for a while (they are normally safe at this stage ;))

Gaafan2

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 02, 2015, 11:04:13 AM

Never heard Donaghmore were missing McCaul but heard McKenna has missed last 4 or 5 games. Kildress were impressive v the rocks on Friday night - good mixture of youth and experience and this will be a tight game. Not sure about the comment regarding Donaghmore and previous play off experience as they haven't been in any for a while (they are normally safe at this stage ;))

I wouldn't say Kildress were impressive, Cookstown only began playing the last 10 minutes when they were 8 points down and in deep trouble. In saying that Kildress made home advantage count and fully deserved their victory. These playoffs seem to favour the team pushing for promotion as they have momentum therefore you'd have to say Kildress have a really good chance, but are they strong enough for Division 1 with so many of their main men near retirement.

Great win for Carrickmore yesterday up in Dromore, hard to call a winner between them and Clonoe.

Legoman5

Intermediate Runners up to Ulster senior semi finalists within 12 months! What sorta substances is this trillick team on!!

WT4E

Quote from: gaafan2 on November 02, 2015, 11:27:19 AM

I wouldn't say Kildress were impressive, Cookstown only began playing the last 10 minutes when they were 8 points down and in deep trouble. In saying that Kildress made home advantage count and fully deserved their victory. These playoffs seem to favour the team pushing for promotion as they have momentum therefore you'd have to say Kildress have a really good chance, but are they strong enough for Division 1 with so many of their main men near retirement.

Great win for Carrickmore yesterday up in Dromore, hard to call a winner between them and Clonoe.

You might as well take a chance when you have it to go up in my opinion - Trillick Div 2 last year and now 2 games away from being Ulster Champions. I've heard in the past of teams not wanting to be promoted but I've never understood it myself!

Gaafan2

Quote from: WT4E on November 02, 2015, 01:56:45 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 02, 2015, 11:27:19 AM

You might as well take a chance when you have it to go up in my opinion - Trillick Div 2 last year and now 2 games away from being Ulster Champions. I've heard in the past of teams not wanting to be promoted but I've never understood it myself!

I definitely agree with you, when your in with a chance of promotion, go for it. I was questioning whether or not they are strong enough to stay up especially when Kildress are relying on the older heads for the bulk of their scores.

Trillick on the other hand have 4 Tyrone senior men as well as Tyrone u21's, minors and ex Tyrone men. Drawing comparisons between them and Kildress is futile.

WT4E

I'm not drawing comparisons between Trillick and Kildress just pointing out that teams in Division 2 who get promoted can do better than expected. You're trying to make it sound like i'm a nutcase supporter saying that if we get promoted I can see Kildress winning next years senior championship!!!

You listed all the county links with Trillick but did you foresee them getting to the Ulster Club Semi final after promotion last year?