Sen Edward Kennedy RIP

Started by magickingdom, August 26, 2009, 09:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

Nothing like a wee bit of vitriol on a Sunday morning, eh lads ;)
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Tyrones own

Ach na Aerlik, just Muppet found wanting again...sure you know the craic yourself 8)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

QuoteYou ask questions about Fox TV presenters. Why would I want to even know who they are? And what did I not back up? You are the one suggesting there is more to the Mary Joe accident, let's have the facts then genius. I mentioned the conviction, that is a fact. Where are your facts on the matter?

There is life outside the States, you might even remember this country.

The Kennedys mean a lot to some people here, not that that would stop you dancing on their graves.

When consulting Wikipedia on Tony Snow, had you read much past the first line you'd have noticed he was Bush's
Press secretary which was enough to rile the left with their despicable tasteless insults to a dying man... yes they couldn't even wait til the
man passed on....and yet you have the audacity to slate me for dancing on a man's grave

I called you on the Cheney jibe with Clinton's own war crimes but you didn't deem that question pertinent to your argument and so
moved right along ::)

Back to the Conviction, running you car off the road into a tree and leaving it there for some reason like I don't know say a few
drinks on board is what I would consider leaving the scene of a crash, not knowingly leaving a woman to die in a car up side down in water FFS
This conviction was an insult to her family and a cop out on the judges part and for reasons non other than the fact he was a Kennedy...
..how any one could argue that is beyond me!
There is life outside the States,
Indeed there is and might I suggest you focus on things around home that you might actually know something about!
QuoteThe Kennedys mean a lot to some people here,
No doubt, I have no problem with that and like me they're entitled to their opinions.

Lets not forget you initially targeted me here...seems to me that in true Muppet fashion you figured you'd step in to the ring
throw a few rabbit punches and quickly put me in my place with your intellectual brilliance.....didn't happen Muppet now did it ;)
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2009, 11:24:26 AM
Quote from: Tyrones own on August 27, 2009, 03:57:28 AM
Agreed..... and then to say that that's the reason he never made president  :o
how about a reason why he never done 20 years like you or me never mind
continue on as a State Sen for as long as he did...give me a break!
Oh but that's right he did apologize  ::)

He was tried and convicted of leaving the scene of an accident. Unless you have evidence that he intended to kill her then he didn't 'get away with it'. In many interviews he stated that he thought of that event every day of his life.

Any chance of Cheney ever seeing a trial?

On the contrary you introduced the sarcasm and derogatory comments to the thread with this post.

Previous posters who had issues with Ted Kennedy posted those points of view but maintained the respect that usually goes with some one held in high esteem by others.

My point on the conviction is simple. He was tried and found guilty which was incredibly damaging to his career at the time. He didn't 'get away with it' as has been suggested on this thread. He may have got away with something else but no one has provided any evidence so until you do it is just another conspiracy theory. It must also be considered that your comment about 'I don't know say a few beers on board' should be judged in the context of the era and not on today's standards. Certainly in Ireland in those days you would be under suspicion if you didn't have a few beers on board while driving

You brought up Tony Snow. I don't know who he is and don't care.

You will notice this is an Irish Forum and this is an Irish thread paying tribute to a man who did a lot for Ireland. No amount of Fox News propaganda from you is likely to change a single opinion here.

As for Clinton's war crimes, I did answer by comparing them with Cheney's while you dodged the question and still haven't answered the original question as usual. But one rule for you and one rule for everyone else eh? That philosophy sounds familiar, Guantanamo, rendition flights, WMDs? Your answer to those questions always seems to be Clinton doesn't it?

And congratulations by the way. It must be great judging yourself the winner of imaginary contests all the time.
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Ever heard the saying "When you find yourself in a hole stop digging" Muppet :-X
No amount of twisting and turning can turn this around for you at this point.
Your welcome to my home Phone number if you like to save yourself any further embarrassment here :-[

- Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 30, 2009, 07:00:17 PM
Ever heard the saying "When you find yourself in a hole stop digging" Muppet :-X
No amount of twisting and turning can turn this around for you at this point.
Your welcome to my home Phone number if you like to save yourself any further embarrassment here :-[

What are you talking about?

Not like a Republican to declare victory early is it?

MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

How does it go...."Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves".
Don't mind me, the floors yours :D
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 30, 2009, 07:12:48 PM
How does it go...."Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves".
Don't mind me, the floors yours :D

I thought you were better than that.

MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Yes I know... you've been a bit slow in the up take but sure now you know it  :P
  - Walter Lippmann