Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

£80 million - very very good business - fabablous player but United are right to cash in - Will Tevez stay now ? The lad from Wigan will obviously sign now too.

A Quinn Martin Production

Take the money and run.  Good business.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Norf Tyrone

Platini has been critical of English club's spending.... specifiically Chelsea. His silence over Real is deafening.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

Too good to turn down alright.  Madrid going to bankrupt europe at this rate.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 11, 2009, 10:00:29 AM
Too good to turn down alright.  Madrid going to bankrupt europe at this rate.

Man Utd should ask for a substantial upfront payment...Real might be bust by Xmas!!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

orangeman

In fact on further consideration, £80m is madness - United were right to cash in - It looks like there was a deal done last year that he could go this summer.

The diving and tantrums will go down well in Spain - he'll be a big hit.

Clown

it'll be hard to replace 25 odd goals on a 'bad' season from him!

i suppose immediately he is no longer the 'best player in the world' now

Norf Tyrone

Quality footballer though.... he'll be missed from that perspective. Hopefully the yanks use the £80 million wisely now. Shoring up AIG would be a start.

liihb

Great player, but 80 million is too much to turn down
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Clown

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 11, 2009, 10:00:06 AM
Platini has been critical of English club's spending.... specifiically Chelsea. His silence over Real is deafening.

ok Platini hates the brits,
get over it!!

:D

Hound

Well delighted he's going, coz I think he's outstanding. 

But of course all depends on what United spend the money on.

Money no object to Real Madrid because they know the government will bail them out if they do come close to going bust.

David McKeown

Who would you want to replace Ronaldo then?  I dont rate Ribery as much as most and Benzema (different type of player) are the two most obvious noises coming from OT in recent seasons
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

thebigfella

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 11, 2009, 10:03:17 AM
Quality footballer though.... he'll be missed from that perspective. Hopefully the yanks use the £80 million wisely now. Shoring up AIG would be a start.

?????

Norf Tyrone

That leaves the question..... Are Newcastle over valued at 1.25 Ronaldos?

The GAA

£80m is superb business - they should have taken it last year.

how many of CR's 25 goals were penalties and free kicks? that'll be replaced easily enough and with a £100m transfer kitty (let tevez go) we could get 3 world class additions. for me, Ribery, villa and a creative central midfielder - fabregas!