Cavan v Armagh

Started by bennydorano, March 01, 2016, 09:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Worrying amount of injuries and withdrawals this year, and the past few years. When Armagh were going well we managed to have few enough absentees. In 2002 the only starter absentee we had through the whole championship run was Tony McEntee.  Hard to see how we can build towards anything positive when we've so many personnel changes. Hopefully though the younger players will grab their chance.
That's just, like your opinion man.

rrhf

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Throw ball on March 03, 2016, 11:17:41 PM
Quote from: general_lee on March 03, 2016, 10:33:56 PM
You can have tendon damage that I'm guessing would be quite painful when it flairs up and constantly trying to smack a ball out of a forwards grasp surely does it no favours. My oul fella had to get an operation due to being in agony anytime he was out on the fairways.

Seems our Tyrone friend is trying to stir things a bit.

Seemingly Morgan has been nursing the injury for a while but has got worse and needs surgery. I dare say that if he can get fit quick enough he would want to play. Geezer may feel that is unfair on others though.

Well he's taking the decision now meaning he won't play for Armagh this year.  1 Cross player on the panel and them the best club in the county by a country mile.

Throw ball

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 05, 2016, 09:47:06 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on March 03, 2016, 11:17:41 PM
Quote from: general_lee on March 03, 2016, 10:33:56 PM
You can have tendon damage that I'm guessing would be quite painful when it flairs up and constantly trying to smack a ball out of a forwards grasp surely does it no favours. My oul fella had to get an operation due to being in agony anytime he was out on the fairways.

Seems our Tyrone friend is trying to stir things a bit.

Seemingly Morgan has been nursing the injury for a while but has got worse and needs surgery. I dare say that if he can get fit quick enough he would want to play. Geezer may feel that is unfair on others though.

Well he's taking the decision now meaning he won't play for Armagh this year.  1 Cross player on the panel and them the best club in the county by a country mile.

The medics made the decision.

Most Armagh people would like more Cross players on the county panel but who? Aaron Kernan and Jamie Clarke are obvious but Aaron has retired and is at an age where that shouldn't change. Jamie has played more games for Armagh than Cross over the last few years. The way county football is played may have a bearing - and not just by Armagh. Hughes and McGeown could play but are of a similar level to what is there. Carragher I would like to see there. Rushe and O'Neill are young yet and are with the under 21s. Calum Comiskey may be good enough but is only back from injury. There are not many left of right age.

naka

Cavan hammering Armagh
Mc geeney in diffs here if it continues
Always would defend him but this is so so awful to watch
and it's is s continuation of the past few matches

Tactically naive
It's so embarrassing
What the f foes Aidan o Rourke do as a defensive coach

Itchy

HT
Cavan 1-11 Armagh 0-5

Very defensive puke football so far by Cavan

armaghniac

Armagh poor, soft goal conceded, prospects limited.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Westside

Quote from: smelmoth on March 01, 2016, 09:26:49 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 01, 2016, 09:43:27 AM
A turgid shite fest on the cards?

Probably but not necessarily

It seems Cavan have no interest in playing football but are tough to beat. Armagh are trying to play a bit of football but don't really know how to go about it and can be a bit flakey.

An Armagh collapse could happen and maybe Cavan would open up then. The run of second half scores shows they can put a team away when they are mentally beaten.

Then again Armagh could click. One or two players back and fixing some basics and this team can fire. Not world beaters by any means but good enough to put Cavan away. If they fire that is

This was a great prediction to be fair. Johnston's goal in the 6th minute mentally broke Armagh and Cavan have proceeded to put them away for the rest of the game.

4-37 in our last last two games (and it's not over yet) Think what we'd do if we decided we actually wanted to play football! Really sorry I couldn't be there to see the Armagh lads play a bit of football tonight.

Itchy

FT

3-18 to 0-10

Armagh didn't even muster a fight.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on March 05, 2016, 08:36:47 PM
FT

3-18 to 0-10

D3 arĂ­s  ?

general_lee

Division 3 is the level Armagh are at.
Lacking in forwards, no midfield, and stuck at the back. If Armagh had a full deck to choose from including Cross players, they'd still be Division 2 level and mediocre at that.That was a very demoralising defeat.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Itchy on March 05, 2016, 08:36:47 PM
FT

3-18 to 0-10

Very poor from Armagh well done to Cavan they should be there or thereabouts for promotion to division one now.

armaghniac

Cavan played a bit, Armagh rank.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

twohands!!!

In a tight enough division - (5 sides on 2 points before tonight's game) a 17 point loss looks like it could be a mortal loss.

Before the game Armagh were in 4th place due to their score difference of -5, now they are in last with a score difference of -22.
Fermanagh and Meath are on -6 and Laois on -10.

The one game Armagh did win was a 1 point victory.

Galway at home, then Tyrone away and Derry at home - these are the top 3 teams in the Division with 7 wins between and the 2 loses coming when Tyrone beat Galway and Galway beat Derry.

Oraisteach

Armagh just cautious not to show their hand ahead of the first match in the Ulster championship.  On the other hand, is there a back door through which we can get to Division 4 more quickly!