Cavan v Armagh

Started by bennydorano, March 01, 2016, 09:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

In the McKenna Cup game in January Cavan had three men straight red carded for striking. Is that the brefni baseline for this type of game?

Itchy

Funny ye are always involved in these matches. Armagh the common denominator

DuffleKing

The common denominator for cavan men getting lined is normally a game of football starting.

Itchy

I think we are not as cute as mckeever and the Armagh posse. Anyway looking forward to watching the dirty digs and diving on Saturday.

general_lee

Like butter wouldn't melt itchy  ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Itchy on March 03, 2016, 12:03:55 PM
I think we are not as cute as mckeever and the Armagh posse. Anyway looking forward to watching the dirty digs and diving on Saturday.

But less of what the Cavan players will be at,  how do you think Armagh will do?

Itchy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 03, 2016, 12:26:32 PM

But less of what the Cavan players will be at,  how do you think Armagh will do?

I think Armagh will get 2 or 3 knock outs and a couple of 9.8s for the dives.

Il Bomber Destro

James Morgan taking the season out now, I know it's surgery but I think you can read into the decision being taken now to undergo it.

Only one Cross player on the panel now?

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on March 03, 2016, 09:03:38 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on March 02, 2016, 09:12:16 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 02, 2016, 04:57:42 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on March 01, 2016, 09:42:43 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on March 01, 2016, 09:31:45 PM
Yeah Cavan no interest in playing football. Only scored 1 20 on Sunday.

Good stuff. I had thought that Meath packed up early and went home to mourn the Fine Gael losses. Maybe I'm wrong and you are right. Maybe Cavan are done and dusted with the packed defenses, endless fist passing and side way movement. Sure we will see. I hope you are right. For 2 reasons. 1) Armagh have no clue of how top play against a packed defence and 2) Cavan have just been awful to watch under Hyland and if their game (and the copy cat teams) has moved on then all the better. Lets hope we never see that rubbish again

Yawn yawn yawn.

A normal reaction to watching Cavan.

We are not much better at times - especially last year

So how much thuggish behaviour can we expect from Armagh on Saturday, s normal amount or will ye go into over drive.  This game will need a strong referee.
It depends upon the armagh selection (the one that starts - not the one that has been named). The majority of armagh players will have no interest in thughishness. The majority of the 15 that is, But there will be, based upon recent selections a few well capable of the auld dark arts. But that is not the accusation against Cavan. i don't like my team's thuggishness. i don't like their negative tactics, but on the latter score Cavan are in a different league. Its anti-football. Its anti-skill. Its anti-entertainment, Its dull. Dull, dull, dull. Dull enough to kill the game if allowed to persist

smelmoth

Then is there is the stories of Armagh targeting Cavan players before the throw in. Turned out to be the other way around when the video evidence was released. presumably you agree that those Cavan players are just nasty?

smelmoth

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 03, 2016, 09:55:23 PM
James Morgan taking the season out now, I know it's surgery but I think you can read into the decision being taken now to undergo it.

Only one Cross player on the panel now?

"taking the season out"? Armagh insiders say he is out injured for the season with a hand injury. It doesnt tally for me unless someone drove over his hand?

general_lee

You can have tendon damage that I'm guessing would be quite painful when it flairs up and constantly trying to smack a ball out of a forwards grasp surely does it no favours. My oul fella had to get an operation due to being in agony anytime he was out on the fairways.

Throw ball

Quote from: general_lee on March 03, 2016, 10:33:56 PM
You can have tendon damage that I'm guessing would be quite painful when it flairs up and constantly trying to smack a ball out of a forwards grasp surely does it no favours. My oul fella had to get an operation due to being in agony anytime he was out on the fairways.

Seems our Tyrone friend is trying to stir things a bit.

Seemingly Morgan has been nursing the injury for a while but has got worse and needs surgery. I dare say that if he can get fit quick enough he would want to play. Geezer may feel that is unfair on others though.

JP

Quote from: Throw ball on March 03, 2016, 11:17:41 PM
Quote from: general_lee on March 03, 2016, 10:33:56 PM

Seems our Tyrone friend is trying to stir things a bit.

Seemingly Morgan has been nursing the injury for a while but has got worse and needs surgery. I dare say that if he can get fit quick enough he would want to play. Geezer may feel that is unfair on others though.

I'm assuming we won't be playing in September so I don't think Geezer will have that problem.  Any word on the lineouts?

JP

1 Mathew Mc Neice
2 Andy Mallon
3 Charlie Vernon
4 Sean Connell
5 Mark Shields
6 Shea Heffron
7 Stephen Sheridan
8 Aaron Findon
9 Stefan Campbell
10 Niall Grimley
11 Aidan Forker (c)
12 Tony Kernan
13 Colm Watters
14 Ciaron O'Hanlon
15 Miceal Mc Kenna

16 Patrick Morrison
17 Joe Mc Elroy
18 Niall Mc Conville
19 Michael Murray
20 Stefan Forker
21 Jemar Hall
22 Joe Feeney
23 Gavin Mc Parland
24 Eugene Mc Verry
25 Ruairi Mc Caughley
26 Ethan Rafferty

Just found the team. A fierce amount of inexperience there. I'm counting 6 players that haven't played in the championship. I'm guessing Aidan Forker will drop back to the half back. Otherwise it would be a big ask of Heffron to play at 6. I'd be worried if things start to go wrong heads will drop. Anybody able to work out the average age?