Cavan v Armagh

Started by bennydorano, March 01, 2016, 09:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

When you concede 3-18 to Cavan, you really must be the toilet brush of Ulster football. :/

mrdeeds

Quote from: smelmoth on March 01, 2016, 09:26:49 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 01, 2016, 09:43:27 AM
A turgid shite fest on the cards?

Probably but not necessarily

It seems Cavan have no interest in playing football but are tough to beat. Armagh are trying to play a bit of football but don't really know how to go about it and can be a bit flakey.

An Armagh collapse could happen and maybe Cavan would open up then. The run of second half scores shows they can put a team away when they are mentally beaten.

Then again Armagh could click. One or two players back and fixing some basics and this team can fire. Not world beaters by any means but good enough to put Cavan away. If they fire that is

No interest.  Your right. No Keating McDermot either. Imagine if we had all our players.

Rossfan

Some score by Cyaavn.
What would they do if they ever switch to attacking fupple.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

I'd like to dedicate that hammering to McGeeney, one of the biggest bluffers in football. I don't hold that against him mind, there are lots of bluffers. However, I recall the day he lead Kildare out in Breffni years ago and that Kildare team hammered a poor Cavan team. With the game won he put Seanie on when it would have been better for all concerned if he had left him on the bench. The rest is history but that still hurts a lot of Cavan fans and I cant help but wonder if Seanie had remained an unused sub if his return might have been a lot easier.

I was sceptical about the return of Seanie, would he fit into modern football etc but I was delighted at his work rate, his off the ball running and his leadership today. A lot of people are still soar about the past but maybe looking at his efforts today tells me he wants to make amends.

Today was a good win but Armagh are awful, worst Armagh effort I have ever seen to be honest. Still Cavan can only beat whats in front of them.

seafoid

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 05, 2016, 09:12:13 PM
When you concede 3-18 to Cavan, you really must be the toilet brush of Ulster football. :/
5 All Irelands in Cavan all the same...

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on March 05, 2016, 10:23:47 PM
None of them lads togged tonight though :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Rossfan on March 05, 2016, 10:26:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 05, 2016, 10:23:47 PM
None of them lads togged tonight though :D

Cavan still would have won if they did!!

ck

Have Cavan scored anything like that kind of tally in recent years?
Armagh, what's going on?!!

Genuine question to Armagh people. What's the thoughts on McGeeney? Is he untouchable? Things seem to have gone pear shaped since Grimley left.

Armamike

Quote from: Itchy on March 05, 2016, 09:48:20 PM
I'd like to dedicate that hammering to McGeeney, one of the biggest bluffers in football. I don't hold that against him mind, there are lots of bluffers. However, I recall the day he lead Kildare out in Breffni years ago and that Kildare team hammered a poor Cavan team. With the game won he put Seanie on when it would have been better for all concerned if he had left him on the bench. The rest is history but that still hurts a lot of Cavan fans and I cant help but wonder if Seanie had remained an unused sub if his return might have been a lot easier.

I was sceptical about the return of Seanie, would he fit into modern football etc but I was delighted at his work rate, his off the ball running and his leadership today. A lot of people are still soar about the past but maybe looking at his efforts today tells me he wants to make amends.

Today was a good win but Armagh are awful, worst Armagh effort I have ever seen to be honest. Still Cavan can only beat whats in front of them.

You'd know a lot about bluffers.  You've some neck on you sitting on your arse at a keyboard calling somebody a bluffer who's achieved all in football that McGeeney has.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Itchy

Quote from: Armamike on March 05, 2016, 10:45:40 PM

You'd know a lot about bluffers.  You've some neck on you sitting on your arse at a keyboard calling somebody a bluffer who's achieved all in football that McGeeney has.

Suck it up. Good player, shite manager. I think everyone can see that now. I'll give you a pass tonight as your probably a bit sore after getting rode like that tonight. ;D

mrdeeds

Quote from: ck on March 05, 2016, 10:41:58 PM
Have Cavan scored anything like that kind of tally in recent years?
Armagh, what's going on?!!

Genuine question to Armagh people. What's the thoughts on McGeeney? Is he untouchable? Things seem to have gone pear shaped since Grimley left.

Yeah last week. Against Derry in champ. Couple times versus London. We're not as negative as people think. Joe Brolly started that crap and most people are sheep and take it as gospel.

Wildweasel74

I remember the 100pg plus thread on Seanie Johnson and his move to Kildare and the pure abuse he got, I wonder how Cavan fans feel about him now as he is the real scoring thread and Cavan in short need players like him

charlieTully

Quote from: Itchy on March 05, 2016, 10:52:42 PM
Quote from: Armamike on March 05, 2016, 10:45:40 PM

Suck it up. Good player, shite manager. I think everyone can see that now. I'll give you a pass tonight as your probably a bit sore after getting rode like that tonight. ;D

That was laugh out loud funny.  :D

T Fearon

Armagh started off like a house on fire and led three nil after 4 minutes but when Cavan scored a scrappy goal a few minutes it seemed to signal a surrender for the entire Armagh team?

I have not been one iota impressed in the four games so far by any of the new lads,if we hadn't had Campbell tonight we would have seriously risked a no score return.

I do remember getting a tanking one day in Breffni in  the league in big Joe's time but unlike tonight you knew that was a blip

Itchy

Quote from: T Fearon on March 05, 2016, 11:11:25 PM
Armagh started off like a house on fire and led three nil after 4 minutes but when Cavan scored a scrappy goal a few minutes it seemed to signal a surrender for the entire Armagh team?

I have not been one iota impressed in the four games so far by any of the new lads,if we hadn't had Campbell tonight we would have seriously risked a no score return.

I do remember getting a tanking one day in Breffni in  the league in big Joe's time but unlike tonight you knew that was a blip

That was a long time ago and if memory serves me I think it was the week after Cormac McAnallen passed away. That was a very good Armagh team who were out of sorts.