The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 15, 2017, 06:39:13 PM
Top  4 is the main priority at this stage of development of this squad and hopefully win one if the cups as trophies encourage more than anything. Coutinho available and hopefully Matip and things are more hopeful. Win the FA cup replay and hopefully the game against Swansea next Saturday then two big games in a week in the League cup and Chelsea. A win v Chelsea in the league could put pressure on them.
Really need to be beating Swansea. Chelsea have Hull, Liverpool and Arsenal in the next 3 games while Liverpool have Swansea and Hull and obviously the Chelsea game.
17 games left and 10 of them are at Anfield...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

If Liverpool are within 6 or 7 points at the end of March, then I'll think they have a chance. At the moment, I'm looking for results to make sure Top 4 is looking good. Until the end of march they play
Swansea (H)
Chelsea (H)
Hull (A)
Spurs (H)
LEicester (A)
Arsenal (H)
Burnley (H)
MAn City (A)

That's a tough stretch. If you lose to Chelsea it's going to be tough, and obviously Arsenal, Spurs and City are very tough games. After that though, if they are within the 6-7 point threshold, and everyone is fit, you have

Everton (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Stoke (A)
West Brom (A)
Palace (H)
Watford (A)
Southampton (H)
West Ham (A)
Middlesbrough (H)

Now far be it from me to assume Liverpool would win those games, but as run ins go, it's not the worst. Put yourself in position and then have a lash.

The Stallion

Lol at reported supersub. You seem very angry at a complete stranger's honestly held opinion on football.

I often praise the likes of Coutinho who is a very talented player. The fact is however that most of my fellow Liverpool supporters believe Henderson is a good footballer and I completely disagree. Try not to let it upset you snowflake.

AZOffaly

Some day for Alexander-Arnold yesterday. He was really struggling with Martial in the first half, but he stuck at it, and settled in quite well. What a debut. Was it Rob Jones that had a similar baptism versus Ryan Giggs? I'd say he was delighted when Martial went off, although at that stage he had settled in a lot better. He reads the game well, and importantly for a full back he tucks in when the ball is on the other side of the field.

He made one clanger when he got robbed in possession, but I don't think anything came of it.

Some confidence Klopp had in him though. When you play the diamond, your full backs are going to be attacked, and to go with that, knowing that he was blooding a young lad, is a great sign of Klopps faith in him, and must be a huge boost for the young lad.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Same guts of the team from the first game, with Coutinho and Sturridge replacing Can & Ojo.

#LFC team v @Only1Argyle: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Lucas, Moreno, Stewart, Ejaria, Coutinho, Woodburn, Origi, Sturridge #PLYLIV

#LFC substitutes v @Only1Argyle: Mignolet, Klavan, Williams, Ojo, Randall, Wilson, Alves #PLYLIV

The Stallion

Stupid to risk Coutinho and Sturridge in an irrelevant domestic cup competition.

Gabriel_Hurl

From the Bunker

stew

Quote from: trileacman on January 15, 2017, 09:39:51 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on January 15, 2017, 08:53:44 PM
Which part specifically did you disagree with?

What marks you as a bullshitter is your hatred of the Liverpool players. Hating the manager I could deal with but hating as many players as you do means there's no way you could call yourself a Liverpool fan with a straight face. I mean I have no time at all for Moreno but excepting him I could make an argument for nearly every other Liverpool player in the squad.

Can was disappointing today, a whole-hearted effort alright but those mistakes are hard to take. Origi was a curates egg too. Some nice play but a slackness to his effort that marked him out as the first to be taken off. Was the first man to give up the pressing game when the legs got tired.

Thought the much maligned Lovern, Klavan and Mignolet were excellent though, shitty backpasses aside. Cut out an amount of ball and did well in my estimation.

When you look at the squad it's obvious with the exception of Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino that they are technically limited footballers but yet they still try and keep it on the turf and do the right things. I admire them for that and trying to be better than the sum of their parts. Look at that Man U squad for example, they cost umpteen million and have the likes of Herrara, Rojo, Mata, Rooney, Valencia, Ibra, Martial, mikytahran and Pogba but they're limited to just thumping it up to try and get a big man to latch on to it.

What do you want them to do when the opposition have 9 or ten men behind the ball? Then there is the fact once Fellaini came on the long ball worked a treat.

No matter what way you cut it, United and Liverpool got what they deserved the other night, it was a fair result, and one which does little to help either.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gabriel_Hurl

I see Aspas is tearing up La Liga this year. He's got the same amount of league goals as Ronaldo   :o :o :o

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on January 19, 2017, 02:12:52 PM
Poor enough game last night but at least they won, first win of 2017 i think?
I thought Sturridge in particular was very poor, he didn't look happy to be taken off either. I think he will be gone in the summer.
Poor peno from Origi also.
Need to beat Swansea at weekend. Should be almost a full fit squad to choose from, hopefully Milner is OK after Rooneys horror tackle on him at the weekend.....

I bet he will be ok.  ;)

The Stallion

I bet he will be the same plodding journeyman he has always been.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on January 19, 2017, 02:12:52 PM
Poor enough game last night but at least they won, first win of 2017 i think?
I thought Sturridge in particular was very poor, he didn't look happy to be taken off either. I think he will be gone in the summer.
Poor peno from Origi also.
Need to beat Swansea at weekend. Should be almost a full fit squad to choose from, hopefully Milner is OK after Rooneys horror tackle on him at the weekend.....

It was poor. And I wasn't that impressed by our youngsters either. I know it's not ideal, and you're probably better off watching LFC TV for the u23s or whatever, but I'm not sure the likes of Ejaria or Stewart (who is older than Can!!) will ever make it at Anfield. Woodburn and Ojo have a chance, but they need games, so maybe a loan spell for Woodburn would be ideal. Harry Wilson is obviously another prospect, but he's 3 years removed from his Wales first team debut, so again, you'd have to wonder if he's coming at all. Alexander Arnold is good, he reads the game well. That was a brilliant piece of full back play to prevent the chance just before half time.

Good experience for the young lads, and good for Joe Gomez to come through a game as well, and Coutinho to get his hour. Sturridge and Origi were poor again I thought, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sturridge starts v Swansea. Origi looks like a lad that has hit a wall.  Moreno is a dose. I don't dislike any Liverpool players, but he's getting close!