The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Quote from: The Stallion on January 18, 2017, 07:07:07 PM
Stupid to risk Coutinho and Sturridge in an irrelevant domestic cup competition.

Bet tterr to risk them again Hull or  Stoke in the PL?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 19, 2017, 02:52:25 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 19, 2017, 02:12:52 PM
Poor enough game last night but at least they won, first win of 2017 i think?
I thought Sturridge in particular was very poor, he didn't look happy to be taken off either. I think he will be gone in the summer.
Poor peno from Origi also.
Need to beat Swansea at weekend. Should be almost a full fit squad to choose from, hopefully Milner is OK after Rooneys horror tackle on him at the weekend.....

It was poor. And I wasn't that impressed by our youngsters either. I know it's not ideal, and you're probably better off watching LFC TV for the u23s or whatever, but I'm not sure the likes of Ejaria or Stewart (who is older than Can!!) will ever make it at Anfield. Woodburn and Ojo have a chance, but they need games, so maybe a loan spell for Woodburn would be ideal. Harry Wilson is obviously another prospect, but he's 3 years removed from his Wales first team debut, so again, you'd have to wonder if he's coming at all. Alexander Arnold is good, he reads the game well. That was a brilliant piece of full back play to prevent the chance just before half time.

Wilson was injured for a chunk of that so that halted his progress a bit. He is having a great season with the U23's but at 19 yrs old it's going to be make or break for him in the next year or so.

gawa316

Quote from: Dire Ear on January 19, 2017, 04:39:18 PM
Moreno, then Lucas and then Henderson are the players who make me most nervous when they get the ball

Is that the same Henderson who has completed more passes than any other player in the league?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 19, 2017, 02:48:58 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 19, 2017, 02:12:52 PM
Poor enough game last night but at least they won, first win of 2017 i think?
I thought Sturridge in particular was very poor, he didn't look happy to be taken off either. I think he will be gone in the summer.
Poor peno from Origi also.
Need to beat Swansea at weekend. Should be almost a full fit squad to choose from, hopefully Milner is OK after Rooneys horror tackle on him at the weekend.....

I bet he will be ok.  ;)

Did Milner come off after that horror tackle?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 19, 2017, 02:55:11 PM
With Mané and Matip missing, it's a full squad nearly apart from that I think, so what will the team be v Swansea? I wouldn't be surprised if it is

Mignolet

Clyne           Lovren       Klavan            Milner
(I think TAA wouldn't have played last night if Clyne was a doubt for Sat)

Henderson  Wijnaldum

Lallana

Firmino                Sturridge             Coutinho
I'd have Origi ahead of Sturridge. Neither are playing well but at least Origi will put in a shift. Sturridge is a better option off the bench IMO.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on January 19, 2017, 05:44:48 PM
Moreno, then Lucas and then Henderson are the players who make me most nervous when they get the ball

Is that the same Henderson who has completed more passes than any other player in the league?
Liverpool are a better team when Hendo is playing imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Stallion

Henderson is a really shit player. No amount of statistics will change that.

Aughafad

An england international and captain who cost £20m several years ago, connects liverpool defence and attack ala michael carrick for utd is shit!
you sir are a moron of the highest order

TabClear

Quote from: laoislad on January 19, 2017, 07:37:20 PM

Definitely.  His workrate and covering frees up other players.  I would like to see him looking for more attacking balls at times though.  His first thought does always seem to be protect possession rather than risk a through ball. His sheer volume of passes though means he does create a lot as well

dec

Quote from: Aughafad on January 19, 2017, 08:07:39 PM

No he isn't. He's a troll, it's very different.

TabClear

Quote from: dec on January 19, 2017, 08:52:07 PM

No he isn't. He's a troll, it's very different.

All trolls are morons but not all morons are trolls

The Stallion

An england international and captain who cost £20m several years ago, connects liverpool defence and attack ala michael carrick for utd is shit!

Lol. Where to begin?

An England International! Wow! An elite group of players who got their arses handed to them by mighty Iceland last Summer.

He cost 20 million! Is that supposed to be a measure of his ability? John Stones cost almost treble that and he's a joke of a defender.

Thank you for the laughs chum.

blewuporstuffed

Exactly.
One of the first names on the teamsheet when he is fit.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Dire Ear

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 20, 2017, 08:50:08 AM

Exactly.
One of the first names on the teamsheet when he is fit.
Just my opinion,  when he's good, he's grand.....